100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Pitching Wedge pengki is on a distinguished road

What gram shaft?

I recently went to a driver fitting and tried various shafts with a titleist 910 d3 head.

The r.i.p.'s and proforce v2 were performing really well and was leaning towards the v2 when the fitter says "and if you want to be silly" and hands me a matrix ozik tp6hd. I was hooked, so instead of an 80 dollar up charge for the v2, I got a used matrix ozik for 450...

I'm still shaftless for the 3 wood and hybrid and don't want to be silly anymore, that would just be plain crazy if put 2 more oziks in.

Seeing the v2 was the second best performing I would like those in but don't know the specs that would coincide with my driver.

Final fitting specs
    Driver - titleist 910 d2 10.5 matrix ozik tp6hd x flex 71 grams.
    3 wood - titleist 910 fd 15.5 proforce v2 stiff ------?----
    Hybrid- titleist 910 h 19 proforce v2 stiff -----?------

The fitter also said for the woods and hybrid to go stiff and not x to produce more playability.

They are offering the v2 wood in 66, 67, 76, 77, 86, 96..

Hybrid in 86, 89..

Which weights should I get?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    If you are going stiff, 86 or 96 for the fwy, if you go x in the fwy 76 or 77 would suffice.

For the hybrid, they also offer a 100gm Tour version, if you can get your hands on one. Otherwise, the 86 or 89 will work, the difference in weight is negligable.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    How much of a performance difference are we talking about for a $450 up charge?

Also, didn't the fitter tell you what gram shaft would be best?

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    The new TM 3w RBZ's shaft weigh's in at a whopping 49 gr. !!!!

Now that I think about it the proforce v2 was giving about the same numbers, the ozik was slightly further but the huge difference was the dispersion rates, couldn't believe how bunched up they were, i even think there was 2 balls touching each other. That doesn't sound right. I'm still trying to justify myself with the purchase seeing I could of only spent 80 dollars but more fairways is helping a lot...

The fitter won't reply my emails and he's to far to visit, he probably wants me to pay for a woods and hybrid session?

I've seen they go for 1000 dollars new and 600 used so im pretty happy.

Thanks for the advice big Johnny.

Will put in shafts and test tonite

Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    If you are going stiff, 86 or 96 for the fwy, if you go x in the fwy 76 or 77 would suffice.

For the hybrid, they also offer a 100gm Tour version, if you can get your hands on one. Otherwise, the 86 or 89 will work, the difference in weight is negligable.
    Hey big John, thx for the recommendations, I got hold of a 910 H but it's in an x 104 g not stiff, jeez it's like a broomstick, I did manage some good shots but proly need more time with it on the range. Would there be a huge difference changing to stiff. For the 3 wood I'm definitely going with your recommendation. I'll have to start lifting weights, swinging this hybrid is tiring.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by pengki View Post
    Hey big John, thx for the recommendations, I got hold of a 910 H but it's in an x 104 g not stiff, jeez it's like a broomstick, I did manage some good shots but proly need more time with it on the range. Would there be a huge difference changing to stiff. For the 3 wood I'm definitely going with your recommendation. I'll have to start lifting weights, swinging this hybrid is tiring.

That would play pretty stiff. Think about it...the heavier the shaft, the thicker the sidewall, hence the stiffer it would play. Where else can the manufacturers position the weight???

If you found the 104 X-flex tiring, probably going the stiff in 86 or 89gm would suit the bill just fine. With the 100gm shaft being labelled "Tour", you'll probably have a hard time finding a shaft in s-flex, and even then, it will still probably play pretty stout.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Thread Information