CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Competitor challengegolf is on a distinguished road challengegolf's Avatar

If you had a budget of $5000

I have a budget of about $5000 to spend on a sim which would be in my garage.

What I would like it to be is more like the sims at GolfTown. I currently have the optishot which is OK but does not give me accurate numbers.

I would like spin #, height of shot, backspin, etc. I take golf lessons at GT and although sometimes their sims are out of whack, it is still better in the winter than hitting in a net with no data.

Awaiting your suggestions, BTW I live in Ontarion near Toronto, so keep that in mind with your suggetions.

Thanks

Claude

Shotmaker bubs3141 is on a distinguished road
    I suggest you look at the pro tee, GSA, or the Trugolf thread. Although those sims are going to be a little over the 5k. The trugolf whole package with e 6 lite is $7100 which comes with 10 courses, the sim with HD projector, screen, net, lights, cable etc. The company is in the US so it may cost a little more to ship. Since you are in Canada, I suggest you contact Cory at Par2pro.com as he is an excellent resource for information and he does sell different sims and could give you a lot of help.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Does the $5K include the projector, screen, and computer? The only device that measures spin directly at the moment is the GC2 at $6500 list. It's a launch monitor that you can add courses to for simulation for more money. Check out those other ones that bubs3141 suggested. Also read the sticky threads above.

Protee and GSA are in the process of adding ball spin measuring devices or cameras but no production date at this time.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    I think 5k just for the cams/ monitor to get accuracy is optimistic

It yon find it test it and tell us all.

otherwise yon look like you just want ball measurements so the GC2 at $1500 over budget is your best bet at the moment-pay extra for software

Then again Cory is hinting at good things to come

Hybrid fhann is on a distinguished road fhann's Avatar
    Here is a viable option. Vector Pro with Optimal Flight software and Performance Center software. Optimal Flight and Performance Center are available from Quality Golf Stats - Todd Kos. Todd has just helped work through my option whereby I got an older used Vector original model and for the last week he has worked out the bugs to now support this launch monitor. The older Vector can probably be purchased on eBay ffor around $700. This will easily put within budget and will provide you with a software launch package to practice, (not play golf on), that has leading class accuracy and reliability. You can also collect you shot data, and assemble it for use in his Optimal Club iPhone GPS application that will select clubs, alignment, etc. for various weather and altitude conditions.
    Last edited by fhann; 02-23-2012 at 08:51 PM.
    Engineered Golf - Frank Hann 3.8 GHIN
    www.engineeredgolf.ca

Thread Information