CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    8 Iron kwantfm is on a distinguished road

Foresight GC2 HMT Accuracy

Hi all,

I'm wondering about the accuracy of the HMT unit? I've heard some less than positive news about this thus far but was wondering if anyone (hmm... hmm... Cory?) has done some objective testing side by side with a Doppler machine?

Thanks,
    T

Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road
    don't plan on using the HMT with my unit. don't need club head data from the LM that badly and especially at the price they are looking. only objective review i have seen so far is its expensive.

Pitching Wedge Santiago is on a distinguished road
    This is from their website.

Accuracy Tolerance
    Club Head Velocity: +/- 0.75 mph
    Swing Path In / Out: +/- 0.5 degrees
    Swing Path Up / Down: +/- 0.5 degrees
    Club Face Open / Closed: +/- 0.75 degrees
    Club Face Angle: +/- 0.5 degrees
    Club Face Lie Angle: +/- 0.25 degrees
    Club Face Loft Angle: +/- 0.75 degrees

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    Those are horrendous tolerances. Laughable.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I have concerns with the club head measurement and its correlation with the ball data. They were not good on the first attempt a year ago and the latest video from Cory was not good as well. We need to see more videos and/or screenshots to make any conclusions. Perhaps its better than what we saw from Cory's video. Still very expensive as theGolfer says and probably all that is needed for home users is the ball data which is great. The club data is probably geared towards those club fitters who like seeing club info.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    Accuracy Tolerance
    Club Head Velocity: +/- 0.75 mph
    Swing Path In / Out: +/- 0.5 degrees
    Swing Path Up / Down: +/- 0.5 degrees
    Club Face Open / Closed: +/- 0.75 degrees
    Club Face Angle: +/- 0.5 degrees
    Club Face Lie Angle: +/- 0.25 degrees
    Club Face Loft Angle: +/- 0.75 degrees
    No data for club face off-center hits?

I just copy Paste from the website, fwiw when testing the unit in Orlando, the impact position was spot on with what I felt shot to shot.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    The feedback from the testing at the show was pretty good, but we noticed that it was accidentally kicked a couple of times and then the club readings were off so they would have to recalibrate. There was soooo much traffic in their booth it was hard to keep the unit from moving. I wasn't able to test it myself, as they did not have it calibrated for lefties and no time to do so. I had some clients test it out while I was there and found it to be pretty decent; however I would love to spend more time with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Par2Pro View Post
    The feedback from the testing at the show was pretty good, but we noticed that it was accidentally kicked a couple of times and then the club readings were off so they would have to recalibrate. There was soooo much traffic in their booth it was hard to keep the unit from moving. I wasn't able to test it myself, as they did not have it calibrated for lefties and no time to do so. I had some clients test it out while I was there and found it to be pretty decent; however I would love to spend more time with this.

That may explain the video that seemed not to correlate well with the club data.

I'm looking forward to hearing more on this. In an ideal world I'd get a Flightscope X2 and pop it in a huge new garage... unfortunately reality bites and I think that I won't be able to have the space to use the X2 so am hoping that GC2 + HMT will do the trick. I'm really keen to get good club data as I want to work on club numbers as the primary driver and then use the ball data as a secondary source of information.

You do know the price of the GC2 and the HMT don't you kwantfm? As well as marking the club.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    You do know the price of the GC2 and the HMT don't you kwantfm? As well as marking the club.
    I figure (rightly or wrongly) that the price difference is nowhere near the extra amount I'd have to pay for a larger garage. I am keen on accurate ball data in terms of tweaking equipment (this could be a total pipe dream). But the most important thing is that club data is good.

Well good luck to you. Not stearing you away from the GC2 and HMT but there are plenty of options out there that have accurate club and ball data at a lower pricepoint. GC2 is and awesome launch monitor but the HMT is new and would love to get some feedback on it. It certainly is not cheap and things like marking the club would be a real drag!!!

Marking the club is really not an issue, it will take you half a minute tops. whats really important is the ccuracy of the HMT. Anybody knows what the tolerance for the trackman is??? I think it calculates some of the stuff the HMT reads, but not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Marking the club is really not an issue, it will take you half a minute tops. whats really important is the ccuracy of the HMT. Anybody knows what the tolerance for the trackman is??? I think it calculates some of the stuff the HMT reads, but not sure.

You honestly think that marking the club is no issue?? So marking the club and playing a real round with the markings coming off, having friends come play and marking all their clubs etc is no issue? I won't do it at all and having been there marking just the woods for the P3pro (which only took a half minute as well) I personally want nothing to do with marking a club. Maybe no big deal for others as well but for me its a real drag!!! I think if you have a spare set of clubs that you can mark and only use those for the sim, then perfect.

I might be mistaken, since I never asked, but my impression at the PGA show was that the marking is just some tiny sticky paper that you can peel right off and leave no marking whatsoever. It really looked so simple I did not bother to ask, at the pga show for me it was not an issue at all.

Also, i never tought about using HMT for siulation golf, it will do a lot for practice, teaching or fitting, but not sure there is a benefit for just playing on the sim.
    Last edited by bubba22; 02-20-2012 at 07:01 PM.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    I guess the bottom line is do you really need to spend a lot of money to get accurate information for ball and club data? Personally, I know of a local citizen who paid 60 grand for a system that isn't any more accurate than my 5 grand simulator.

Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    I might be mistaken, since I never asked, but my impression at the PGA show was that the marking is just some tiny sticky paper that you can peel right off and leave no marking whatsoever. It really looked so simple I did not bother to ask, at the pga show for me it was not an issue at all.

Also, i never tought about using HMT for siulation golf, it will do a lot for practice, teaching or fitting, but not sure there is a benefit for just playing on the sim.
    Yes I think the target is for clubfitters. For home users it is price. Now, perhaps some home users REALLY want the club data and will use it to see as they practice what the driver for instance is doing. Just seems like a lot of money for that info, but if one can afford it then go for it. We all agree that for simulation, home or commercial, it is impractical

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Well good luck to you. Not stearing you away from the GC2 and HMT but there are plenty of options out there that have accurate club and ball data at a lower pricepoint. GC2 is and awesome launch monitor but the HMT is new and would love to get some feedback on it. It certainly is not cheap and things like marking the club would be a real drag!!!
    Sounds like I should be trawling through the Protee Sim thread right?

No, you should get the GC2 and if you can afford it buy the HMT, but do understand how it works and what you are getting. The other options include the Foregolf or Sportscoach sim which Cory likes as well as the Flightscope T Box. I would be very interested in your review of the GC2 and HMT once you buy it.

Just a quick note that the GC2 directly measures spin which really helps the accuracy. Spin measurement is not available on all systems, but may be coming soon on a particular system (I won't spoil the surprise ).

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Just a quick note that the GC2 directly measures spin which really helps the accuracy. Spin measurement is not available on all systems, but may be coming soon on a particular system (I won't spoil the surprise ).
    Cool. How about a little hint Cory?

Sorry Z, problem is that I don't want to advertise something until it is confirmed going to be available

Ok, I will guess Full Swing Golf.

Btw, do you have any info to add to this thread? http://forum.OttawaGolf.com/showthre...mulation/page2

Thanks

Actually Full Swing DID add an overhead spin camera to their ring systems - but that was not what I was referring to

I will make the post on that thread.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Cory can you at least tell me if it suits my needs- that is I want to hit off my truestrike gel mat -so no mat sensors.

Yes it may be a hint but give us a break.......!

It will probably not suit your needs CPA, but until it is available I will not have confirmation of what it will change as far as the other sensors. I also have no idea on the price, do who knows how much it will be.

Sorry for the teaser, maybe I shouldn't have said anything

Sorry for the teaser, maybe I shouldn't have said anything
    Hmmm.....Well, it's obviously one of the simulators that you sell. P3pro? No. DD? No. I think I got it!

Foregolf!!!!!!

Not necessarily one that I sell... I'm signing off and not bringing this up again until I have a confirmation that it will happen for sure.

Thread Information