100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road

Interface to Red Chain Software - how do you do it?

Currently using GC2 with redchain software. It seems like other sims that interface to redchain (gsa / protee) may allow users flexibility to either create an interface to the software to make adjustments to the algorithms.

If this is true how do you do it? Meaning does gsa / protee provide that interface for the user to customize or do you have a back end into redchain via config files, etc to do that. Is that interface done via code, config files, or using their software?

Currently no pubilc option for GC2 users to change anything on how it interfaces with redchain except for the "wait for spin" option.

It would be neat if there was a way to adjust things on the back end - for example adjusting the roll on the range fairway.

Appreciate any insight.

Thanks.

Pitching Wedge JJSmith is on a distinguished road
    On the ProTee you can tweak/adjust anything you want. Clubspeeds, spin rates, ballspeeds, lift, drag, shank, launch angle, bunker, green side bunker and rough penalties, putter speed and calculation methods, air temperature, ball weight and diameter and much more. All done within the interface program outside the game. In the game itself you can adjust many other things.

5 Wood js1010 is on a distinguished road
    I know they have an SDK for third party's to integrate GC2 output in to their own software - you can see here

http://www.foresightsports.com/custom-integration

I don' t know if they are freely distributing the SDK to end users vs charging to do custom integration for them

I thought of this myself - I would love to be able to create an interface to adjust a few things as well as creating a very basic accuracy test game like what trackman has.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Very interesting. I wrote my own integration program between my Golftek Pro 7 and GSA Golf, using Martin's DLL. His DLL provided the "raw" connector (method to feed shot parameters into GSA Golf). My program picks up the shot data from my device, then applies adjustments, then passes the shot data into GSA Golf.

I didn't realize Foresight had an SDK available. I'm sure there are an endless number of legal issues around what I'm suggesting here, but I wonder what would stop someone from buying the Foresight SDK, then buying GSA Golf with all 80+ courses from Martin ($999) and his DLL ($300 or so) and creating their own interface. I know Foresight charges a fortune for the same software and that many courses, so I wonder if this would be feasible...

5 Wood js1010 is on a distinguished road
    this is exactly why I don't think they will give out or sell the SDK to end users (for a reasonable price anyways)

Does the GSA DLL take in side and backspin numbers as parameters?

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I suspect you will not be able go buy Foresight SDK unless you pay a small fortune. I believe Red Chain (let's call it that as GSA is only one of mang companies using Red Chain) will allow spin data. I know ProTee are in the process of getting a spin cam that will feed that spin data through their interface. Now a company like Nike etc may be able to buy it and use their own propietary software but Foresight would be unwise to sell their SDK to the end user. Aside from rdh getting it from Golftek, I know of no other situation like this.

Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road
    can anyone using redchain on the backend use the same interface software you use outside the game to make the same adjustments (ie users using redchain with gc2)?

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    If that was directed at me...no. My interface program only works because it sits waiting for the input from the Pro 7, then feeds it to red chain's software. It wouldn't work at all for other devices unless it was updated to wait for input from those devices.

Thread Information