CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Can l ask what is stopping any software company from integrating their course sim software with the GC2?

is there a simple interface/driver that simply spits the numbers into the sim engine or do they protect it to make it impossible?

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I suspect protected CPA.

8 Iron netcam is on a distinguished road
    It looks like Foresight is providing a SDK to some people CPA http://www.foresightsports.com/custom-integration but not sure they would allow someone making a direct competitor to their own software use it...

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Netcam I dare you to enquire about the cost. I will bet you it will be $20 Grand. I suspect that this is geared towards the bigger companies (shaft companies, club and ball companies) to customize to their own software and not the individual home user. I could be wrong so someone should call and ask for the sdk for free!!! If so let us know.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    I expect either you're right bubba, or they have a very restrictive contract that only allows their SDK to be used for specifically identified integrations (that you have to give them the details on), and if you do anything else with it they attack you with lawyers. Or maybe a huge price tag AND highly restrictive contract.

This Perfect Parallel sofware certainly is interesting though...between that and (if it ever comes to be) red chain's next generation release, there may be a couple cool software options for some of the devices in the next year or two. It's just too bad this stuff is moving so slowly. Maybe perfect parallel is close to release though...full swing is showing it on their website, so it can't be a year away (i would hope).

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by syhlif32 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ythr3...=ULdcjCVoWrqcE

It is up running on a simulator! Which simulator is it?
    It is the S180 which is now under the brand of Full Swing since the merger of ForeGolf and Full Swing. However, the software is not available yet - this was just some 'secret' beta testing (how secret can it be if they post the video on youtube LOL).

Quote Originally Posted by rdh View Post
    I expect either you're right bubba, or they have a very restrictive contract that only allows their SDK to be used for specifically identified integrations (that you have to give them the details on), and if you do anything else with it they attack you with lawyers. Or maybe a huge price tag AND highly restrictive contract.

This Perfect Parallel sofware certainly is interesting though...between that and (if it ever comes to be) red chain's next generation release, there may be a couple cool software options for some of the devices in the next year or two. It's just too bad this stuff is moving so slowly. Maybe perfect parallel is close to release though...full swing is showing it on their website, so it can't be a year away (i would hope).
    Foresight allows the clubfitting software to integrate with their systems because it willl help them sell A LOT more systems to club fitters everywhere. If us simulator guys want it with E6 or other software, I don't think that there would be enough 'immediate' financial benefit - however, I think that if we all just keep asking for it, one day it just may happen

As for the Perfect Parallel software - I have been in detailed discussions with Full Swing and all I can say right now is that the new software is currently being worked on for the Full Swing system and that it may be available with the Sports Coach system in the future.

I am very anxious to try this out!

PS: Yes, this was the software that I initially thought was going to be integrated with Foresight, but turned out to be Golfblaster. So I am totally stoked about this!

I just hope fullswing doesn't lock perfect parallel in to make it exclusive to their simulators and shut the door on the rest of us. I'm kind of on my own with the Golftek Pro 7, but I've integrated to other software before...

Yes it would be nice if we could all get on one software platform and then have online tournaments across the world!

I've always hoped there could be a single open software package that all the hardware companies would integrate with. The closest was red chain, since so many companies used it. The software becomes a competitive advantage for the companies that have better software obviously (like this might if Full Swing locks in PP exclusively). For the end consumer that sucks as it mixes the hardware and software decisions. What if you can only get this new software if you buy a full swing system, and it's better than any other software out there? Now what if the GC2 or some other device is deemed a far better fit for you for whatever reason (accuracy, price, whatever). The buyer has to compromise rather than being able to pick the best hardware option, and the best software option. You're stuck going with (in the buyer's opinion anyway) good harware and weak software, or weak hardware and good software.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    I can see it being offered to other hardware sims in the future but it would probably come at a very steep price. Maybe $4-5K, similar to the price of the E6 upgrade for Protee and GGS.

Protee did try to contact 3Dgolfdesign a while back but never got a response.

RDH, this might all be a moot point for us because I have a feeling that Red Chain's new software will be the bomb!

RDH, that is really the same for a lot of products out there - it is what sets companies & products apart from each other.

As Jagger put it, you can't always get what you want LOL

I'm just worried on the new red chain software and how long we'll be waiting. I was first in touch with Dean at red chain about it in February 2011, and periodically throughout last year. In the fall he said they were hoping to demo something at the PGA show in January 2012. It's now July 2012, and apparently they're still a while off from being able to even produce any demo screenshots. So, I'm just worried it'll be well into 2013 or later before that is ready...if ever. The red chain guys have been great so I want to stay in their corner, but after seeing the perfect parallel software I'm getting ansy for something!

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    How often do you golf outside RDH? At the moment I've been averaging about 3 times a week. I've also been hitting the real range and short game practice facilities. The Protee has not been getting much use this summer.

So, I think what I have right now will be fine come this winter.

A total of 5 rounds this year for me, and no time on the simulator since the spring. Life (work, kids, etc.) just hasn't been conducive to golf for me this year. So, as strange as it sounds, i'm looking forward to hopefully finding more time this fall/winter to play on the simulator and hoping to have some exciting new software to play with.

Golfing 3 times a week...what a dream.

Just got a response from Mike Jones to my inquiry. Looks like they have a nice website started - http://www.perfectparallel.com/.

Where's psace for the discussion here? Too busy playing real golf I suppose.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Hey RDH. I'm the guy wearing the shades! Actually, I am on my way to Kelowna for a week of golf.

I am with you on this one. We have both whined for a year or two now for better golf graphics. GSA is great but it can be improved on. I would have a big smile on my face if I could golf on those Perfect Parallel courses.

Thread Information