CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Team Match Play Champ 2010 Singles Match Play Champ 2013 Hearzy is on a distinguished road Hearzy's Avatar

Knet refinished or mint?

Trying to decide which ones to get. Thoughts?

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    I have used them both. It is really a cosmetic difference between the two which they explain quite well on their site. However, in short, the refinished ones look and play like they are absolutely new. The mint ones look, for the most part, brand new - at times, you do have some discoloration in the white or the leftover of a scuff. However, you'd have to be looking very, very closely to notice.

I am a 13 handicap and would play with either without any concern whatsoever....IMHO
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Team Match Play Champ 2010 Singles Match Play Champ 2013 Hearzy is on a distinguished road Hearzy's Avatar
    Thanks for the feedback.

Was curious as they are priced the same... I ended up buying the mint ones as a couple reviews said they were tacky and feeled not like a new golfball. Thoughts?

I may order a dozen refinished to see what they are all about at a later point.

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    I'm currently in Florida (Sarasota) and have been playing Refinished ProV1s and Callaway Big Berthas for the past two weeks. I can assure you, they look, feel and play like any brand new out of the box to me.

Considering that they are refinished with the exact same materials as a new ball in a ball factory that's been in business for over 30 years....???
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

I just got my shipment in... ordered Thursday at 8pm and they arrived at noon today. Amazing service. I must say the balls may as well be new. Perfect condition less like one of the 60 that I noticed.

Would definitely recommend it.

I picked up the 'mint' and with how they showed up there is no point in getting a refinished ball.

3 Iron Simonlap is on a distinguished road Simonlap's Avatar
    I have been purchasing balls from Knet for the last 3 or 4 years now and I been more than satisfied. I always bought mint until last summer I bought a few dozens of refinished ones (I play the ProV1x). The only comment I might have to say is that I find that the refinished ones tend to scuff and the outside layer chips quicker than the mint balls. Mint balls in my opinion are just as good as buying brand new ones at your local retail store.

Just my 2 cents!

Cheers,

Simon

5 Wood leafseh is on a distinguished road leafseh's Avatar
    Just to add a bit, from their website:

RECYCLED MINT
    These golf balls are like new in appearance and will feel and play as a new ball would. They may include tiny player marks, but no scuffs or blemishes. We like to call them “One Hit Wonder” golf balls as it was most likely lost after the first swing or two. They may contain corporate or team logos.

REFINISHED MINT (no team or corporate logos, just like new!)
    Knetgolf.com’s used & mint refinished golf balls are used golf balls that are reconditioned using a modern process in a factory that manufactures new golf balls. This process does not affect the playability of the golf ball, but brings their cosmetics and performance up to a level where they appear and behave comparable to new golf balls. Knetgolf only reconditions style specific golf balls, meaning only a used Titleist Pro V1x will be reconditioned into a mint refinished Titleist Pro V1x. In preparing for the reconditioning process, balls that are scuffed or have had their cover compromised are not reconditioned and are discarded. Only balls that are perfect in cover but are cosmetically challenged are refinished and sold. Knetgolf sells millions of these golf balls annually around the world.
    Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Thread Information