CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    Par golfer40 is on a distinguished road golfer40's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I was thinking that we should have a team get together before the tournament in June. Play 9 or 18 holes somewhere and then head out for drinks and something to eat? What do you guys think?

Terrible idea...
    [B]Hi everybody![/B]

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Keep fueling the flames of the OG fire baby!!

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Jordan, I think that is a good idea, though I will not be able to attend. However, I will be ready to play a practice round - as we have done in previous years - on the Friday of the tournament. The captains may want to check out who else is interested in a Friday round. That will allow one of the captains (I did it last year) to book suitable tee times for Friday. Oh yes, I will bring a bit of cash in the event that we can get a bit money game arranged.

I was thinking that we should have a team get together before the tournament in June. Play 9 or 18 holes somewhere and then head out for drinks and something to eat? What do you guys think?
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    Yes, you can Pm me with interest of playing a Friday round before the tournament.
    Proud member of the 2010, 2011 ,2012 OG vs TGN RYDER CUP
    Captain of 2012 Team OG Ryder Cup Champions!

I'd be interested in that!! Maybe open a new thread for it.

Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar
    Yep, Good Idea Scott, John start a new thread for a team building event!

Count me, Syl and Carl in for the Friday Practise round!
    Captain of the Back to Back Ryder Cup Champs 12-13!

Going to try for the Friday practice round this year too.

3 Wood Leftygolfer3 is on a distinguished road Leftygolfer3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    Jordan, I think that is a good idea, though I will not be able to attend. However, I will be ready to play a practice round - as we have done in previous years - on the Friday of the tournament. The captains may want to check out who else is interested in a Friday round. That will allow one of the captains (I did it last year) to book suitable tee times for Friday. Oh yes, I will bring a bit of cash in the event that we can get a bit money game arranged.
    Won't most of your team be busy setting up their campsite?

On a somewhat serious note, I know a few of us are looking to play at Black Bear Ridge on the Friday.
    Proud Member of the '07, '08, '09, '11 & '12 TGN Ryder Cup Team!!!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Hey Scott, what's the current team status?
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Ace TWoody is on a distinguished road TWoody's Avatar
    Gentlemen, it is with pleasure that I get the opportunity to announce that this years Saturday night dinner will be held at Lunguines. This is just south of the Holiday Inn Express. I have tentatively scheduled the room starting at 7:00 pm and have informed the owner that I will call him if we see any chance of delay.
    We will have the downstairs banquet room solely for our use. The owner did inform me that due to the size of our group, and ordering from the menu, that it may take about 40 minutes from placing your order to the time your food will be delivered. Believe me the wait is worth it.
    For your drooling pleasure I have provided the link to the menu.
    http://www.linguines.ca/
    TWoody (aka Mule56)
    Member of the TGN Team
    MEMBER OF THE 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    Hey Scott, what's the current team status?
    Still waiting to hear from a couple others. Should know more in the next week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by TWoody View Post
    Gentlemen, it is with pleasure that I get the opportunity to announce that this years Saturday night dinner will be held at Lunguines. This is just south of the Holiday Inn Express. I have tentatively scheduled the room starting at 7:00 pm and have informed the owner that I will call him if we see any chance of delay.
    We will have the downstairs banquet room solely for our use. The owner did inform me that due to the size of our group, and ordering from the menu, that it may take about 40 minutes from placing your order to the time your food will be delivered. Believe me the wait is worth it.
    For your drooling pleasure I have provided the link to the menu.
    http://www.linguines.ca/
    TWoody (aka Mule56)
    Thanks for arranging the dinner. It's always a blast and good times had at it.

Bob, thanks for arranging the dinner at this Italian restaurant. Teresa and i love the food there.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Ace TWoody is on a distinguished road TWoody's Avatar
    Mike it was actually the Mrs that did the arranging. She worked for the owner a while back when he had a smaller version north of Bellvegas. I just provided the particulars.
    Member of the TGN Team
    MEMBER OF THE 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

3 Iron laflsyl10 is on a distinguished road laflsyl10's Avatar
    Just throwing this out there, since stashes are back in business, perhaps we could show up in style this year.

I have picked up a few pics to show what this team is capable of growing.

91c13ee655ea11e19e4a12313813ffc0_7.jpgcarlos.jpgSaumure.jpg

Team Match Play Champ 2012 CarlBrunet is on a distinguished road CarlBrunet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laflsyl10 View Post
    Just throwing this out there, since stashes are back in business, perhaps we could show up in style this year.

I have picked up a few pics to show what this team is capable of growing.

Attachment 32241Attachment 32242Attachment 32240

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Good'ol movember stash

Good Hair Day.JPG I prefer this one!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    So what are the chances of the co-creator of this event getting back on the team? I did play the first three years of the event (and captain for all three years with a 2-1 record!).... The wife is thinking of heading to England in May, so fair is fair, I should be able to get away for a weekend of golf. If I have to wait until all of last year's team replies, I won't even bother asking. I'm only asking if I have a guaranteed spot on the team.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    So what are the chances of the co-creator of this event getting back on the team? I did play the first three years of the event (and captain for all three years with a 2-1 record!).... The wife is thinking of heading to England in May, so fair is fair, I should be able to get away for a weekend of golf. If I have to wait until all of last year's team replies, I won't even bother asking. I'm only asking if I have a guaranteed spot on the team.
    Johnny, I understand the position you are in and I feel for you. However, a precedent was created in which the previous year's team gets first refusal and then we go to the spare list. Is it fair that the co-creator falls into this category, I don't believe so, however, the line must be drawn somewhere. I am a mere co-captain and virtually a new guy on the team/forum therefore I will check in with Mpare, Wilster and Xtour and see what we can do/figure out.

I think regardless of being an old captain/co-creator (not to take anything away from it) it's only fair to the rest of the guys on the board who have expressed interest if everyone is treated on the first come first serve basis in terms of our extras. I get where Geoff is coming from but there are numerous guys that would like to take part in this event and for one person to trump them because of history doesn't sit well with me.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Actually, if I read the list right, you're already in since nokids is out. Am I wrong?
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Was Geoff the first extra to express interest? It looks like Shaner was if you go by the thread.

I was reading it by the order that Will listed on page #1. What is the order then?

Truthfully I have no idea, ill let our captains speak up! I just like things to be fair, and I want to see Hoolio eat another paper bag.

I too assumed that Will's list was determinative. If the folks on whom we are waiting could let us know ASAP, then the captains for both teams could chat about expanding the team size. That night settle who else will be added to the team. TGN's team is set, so they're in a position to speak about expanding the teams. Can we get our undecideds to make a decision a bit quicker? If so, we could put this to bed for the benefit of all.

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    I was reading it by the order that Will listed on page #1. What is the order then?

...and I want to see Hoolio eat another paper bag.
    Maybe we can get him to chew down the fescue on the corner of #18 too...

Great idea Mike I was thinking the same thing, April is so far away.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by sebber View Post
    Johnny, I understand the position you are in and I feel for you. However, a precedent was created in which the previous year's team gets first refusal and then we go to the spare list. Is it fair that the co-creator falls into this category, I don't believe so, however, the line must be drawn somewhere. I am a mere co-captain and virtually a new guy on the team/forum therefore I will check in with Mpare, Wilster and Xtour and see what we can do/figure out.
    A very diplomatic response.

I think regardless of being an old captain/co-creator (not to take anything away from it) it's only fair to the rest of the guys on the board who have expressed interest if everyone is treated on the first come first serve basis in terms of our extras. I get where Geoff is coming from but there are numerous guys that would like to take part in this event and for one person to trump them because of history doesn't sit well with me.
    Really?? Not quite the response I'd expect from a friend. And so you know, I was second to express to interest, even offered to be the captain again. Check out the thread Mike originally started.

I do have one question for you J-man. For some reason jvincent can't make it this year (the only guy to play every Ryder Cup so far) but wants to play next year....he has to take a back seat to a newbie who filled in for him this year? I don't think that would be right. So I've missed the last two years, but I've still played in more of these than most of the guys on the team this year. In my books, that should stand for something, regardless of the situation. Merit should stand for something.
    Last edited by Big Johnny69; 03-05-2012 at 05:43 PM.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

I can't say I agree, it's first come first serve and I think it's pretty black and white especially when we've had issues getting numbers in the past. If you are offended in any way by my comments I don't see why as it's not personal in any way. Fair is fair man, there's tons of guys that want to play in this great event and everyone should have the same chance in my opinion. I don't think it makes a difference how many anyone has played on or what their history is, you are telling me you wouldn't be offended if you were Jvincent's replacement this year and next year you get dropped from the team because he's able to play?? Come on now.

And in the end it doesn't really matter at all what I think about the processes it's up to our captains and the organizers of the event on our side. It's just my opinion on how to keep things fair that's all, no offence meant.

Thread Information