100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: E6 graphics

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    I do wish there was a software option for our simulators that looked as good as Tiger Woods 13 on the xbox/playstation...the screenshots look pretty great: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...9739671&type=1

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    Yeah, that looks awesome. Why can't we have something like that?!?!

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Wow! I can't see why they can't do it. Our market is probably not big enough for them to make enough profits.

One day we will goatbarn...one day...

Perhaps reviews like mine will help change some people's opinion about the E6 being the "standard". Trugolf has been milking this cow long enough. We need to demand better. It's great that companies like Protee and GGS offer options for their users. The only option with Trugolf is either E6 or E6 lite.

Perhaps Red Chain will bring some changes to this industry.

Shotmaker bubs3141 is on a distinguished road
    I agree, competition usually forces other companies to follow suit. One could only hope that Red Chain is far and above what other companies currently have so this would force Trugolf or GSA to better their products. Usually competition is good for the consumers.

Just to be clear... Red Chain = GSA = ProTee. Those three are all the same software (developed by Red Chain). The other main players currently are E6 (TruGolf), GPS Golf (Full Swing/Sports Coach), SimWay (Optishot / Golf Achiever) and potentially this new software Foresight may use (that is either GolfBlaster 3D software or 3DGolfDesign...we're not entirely sure). Then there are the other proprietary software packages like the one AboutGolf uses on their own simulators or the one High Definition Golf uses (photo-based). Not a comprehensive list, but I think that covers the most common ones.

Yeah I think that's it. All I can think of anyways.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    I wish you guys would quit posting those hi-res pics here! It's a couple of years later and we're still wishing we had Tiger Woods graphics. Most of us only have one real option at the moment and that is GSA. Some of the newer GSA courses do look quite good (i.e., Wisley, Somerset) though at higher resolutions.

I agree psace. Some of the new ones are very good. I really like Burangara. It's not real but it was done very well. It might be the best desert course on Red Chain. Definitely better than Gallery North on E6.

Yeah Zmax, the Buangara course is also very nicely done. I went through all the GSA courses and rated them from 1-3 stars. The ones I don't ever want to play, I gave no stars. That way I won't waste my time on those courses. One has to be fussy when you are looking at 85 courses to choose from.

Great idea psace! The ones with no stars can be moved off the C: drive for those that use SSD drives like myself.

Good point psace - there are a number of courses on GSA that deserve kudos for looking as great as they do within the current graphics engine. Courses like Pebble Beach and Augusta are beautiful, but not super playable (lots of OB/water on Pebble, and killer tee length on Augusta). I generally love the courses designed by a fellow named Jeff (who uses the user name ZONA over on the 24 hr. entertainment/world of golf sites). Bro Balsta, Sunningdale, Somerset, Green Valley, Del Paso Country Club, Lone Wolf (I think) - they're all fantastic parkland-style courses. I forget if he did Congressional and Aronimink, but I love those ones too from the latest set that was released. I hope red chain has him all lined up to produce courses for the new engine.

I literally hadn't played any of those courses (by Jeff) other than bro balsta. Whoops. My favorite course is still Augusta/Spyglass.

I give top marks, graphically speaking, to Azalea, Bro Balsta, Heron Pointe Club, Innisbrook, La Tempte, SpyGlass, Pelican Hill, Somerset Hills, The Wisley, and Warwichshire Brabazar. Several of the St. Andrew's type courses are well done but I don't particularly like courses without trees. Speaking of this, where is Pinehurst and Harbour Town, etc. I especially like the courses with tall trees, lots of water, and striped or checkered fairways. The courses I don't like are the ones with the trees all the same or all the same green color. Just my humble opinion.

Of course, I love all the PGA courses for playing.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    While I enjoy the tropic of the Red Chain courses, this is a thread about E6 graphics!

Syhlif, since when do we ever stay on topic in this forum.

Well, do you guys have any specific questions on the E6 graphics or courses? Screen shots from a specific course or courses?

It's always fun to see screen shots, but there are already a bunch on the TruGolf site and given what you've told us about how they don't look that great in projection size, I don't have any more demands of you for now ZMax. Go about your business and I'll beckon when you can be of assitance again.

Can you add fog/rain/thunder/lightening to the weather conditions like some of the videos show?

Yes Sir! You know where to find me.

Good idea. ZMax, can you give us 2 screenshots from every hole on every course you have, in EACH of the different weather conditions? What's that...about 2 shots x 4 weather conditions x 18 holes x 60 odd courses...well that's not so bad. You only need to take 8,640 screenshots. You can do that by Thursday, right?

No problem rdh. You want them in different resolutions too? I can do them by Thursday, but don't be surprise if there's a little delay in posting them.

No fog but will check on lightning.

Just checked one course with conditions as rainy and windy. No lightning. You can hear sounds of the rain drops and the wind.

Booo, I wanted that lightening like in the video on youtube. That stinks.

So...does anyone actually play their simulator in rainy conditions? Can't say I've ever done it...not sure why you'd want to. Actually, maybe I'll take this a step further and have water piped up to the ceiling and a shower head installed above my simulator. Then I can literally turn on the rain whenever I want...sounds like great fun! Hmm...maybe not. And I doubt the circuits of my device would take kindly to getting doused with water...

And yes, we're getting very off topic...

I actually like to make the playing conditions similar to outside, other than if it's snowy. I just enjoy playing crappy weather golf sometimes. But 90% is a 12pm tee off on a beautiful day at _____ course.

Quote Originally Posted by rdh View Post
    So...does anyone actually play their simulator in rainy conditions? Can't say I've ever done it...not sure why you'd want to. Actually, maybe I'll take this a step further and have water piped up to the ceiling and a shower head installed above my simulator. Then I can literally turn on the rain whenever I want...sounds like great fun! Hmm...maybe not. And I doubt the circuits of my device would take kindly to getting doused with water...
    I don't. I will turn the wind on a little just to see the trees move but that's about it. Beautiful sunny skies at midday most of the time.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    The Red chain courses are of various quality which is to expect as at least some are made by hobbyist.
    And hats of to the people making the courses. I am sure even a 'simple' course are a huge undertaking.
    So anyone knows how and who makes the E6.
    Looking at screen shots of the bunkers some looks fine while others looks like just an area painted with sand. Not very consistent if it is a graphics design company making them?

Thread Information