100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: E6 graphics

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Of course you are correct, Syhlif. I tried to design one once with Links course designer. Man it was a lot of work and I never did finish being the impatient person I am. I would rather spend my time playing! But I do respect all course builders and their artistic talents.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    I started one a couple years ago with the CustomPlay designer (planning it to be used in GSA Golf) but threw in the towel. It had some good tools to import satellite images (off of google maps, etc.) and trace the holes, but even with that it was a daunting task to work through all the hole layouts, "planting" trees, adjusting land elevations, etc. I'm sure the first course you create would take somewhere around 100 hours, then I expect you get faster with each one (like anything in life). It's a big undertaking regardless.

I also inquired once about the cost to have one of red chain's designers create a local course (thinking of Grey Silo in Waterloo - the LPGA will play it in June for the first time) and it would have been in the $5,000 range.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Grey Silo is a fantastic course!!!! Would love to have that on the sim.

If you're down this way in the summer, we should head out for a round! Grey Silo is nice, but I was surprised the LPGA was coming...I don't view it as quite a pro-calibre course. Don't get me wrong...it's really good...but I'm interested to see what the ladies think of it. It's more about corporate sponsorship than anything else since the LPGA needs more tournaments so I expect Manulife were the ones dictating the venue to pony up the cash.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Yep. Would love to play a round with you rdh. Grey Silo is not that far away from me!!! I agree there are better LPGA venue potentials!!

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    The camera angle on the ball cam is way too low. If I set the ball cam to start immediately, the camera goes right to the ball cam and follows the ball until it stops. But the problem is that you don't really get a "follow the ball" type cam like the one in Red Chain. It appears as if the camera is pointing down at the ball at about 75*. 90* being straight down at the ball. So, all you see basically is the ground and the ball. This cam blows!

If somebody knows how to adjust the E6's camera angles, please let me know. The E6 trailer shows the ball cam just as I described. I had thought it was a different cam view they were using for the trailer but no, it's just their one an only ball cam view.

Also, I find most greens to have a 2-dimensional feel when you're on the green. It makes it difficult to determine whether it's an uphill or downhill putt, unless you look at the elevation indicators.

Thread Information