100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road

Optishot Platinum Package -VS- P3ProSwing ProXCS Package

I was looking over some of the golf packages and compared the differences between these two. This is summarizing it up-

P3ProSwing ProXCS Package
    • Sensor Unit
    • Premium Grass Top Surface Upgrade
    • Golf Swing Analyzer software
    • Video Capture Software
    • 43 Premium Courses
    • Versa Mat
    • Epson PowerLite 93 Projector
    • Hanging Impact Screen 9'x10'x4'

$4000

Optishot Platinum Package
    • Sensor Unit
    • Pre-loaded Dell laptop with stand
    • OptiShot Software
    • 21 Premium Courses
    • Short throw NEC HD projector
    • 9x9x5 simulator bay with impact screen,
    • Dual stance mat with golf ball tray
    • OptiStix Driver

$5000

With the Optishot Package you will get a computer.

But when you basically look at all of the other actual important aspects included, the P3Pro kinda looks a lot better, like 22 more courses. You don't get a computer but you save a $1000 for one...

What do you think package wise here? (keep it nice )

Gap Wedge Qnub is on a distinguished road
    My 2 cents of the Optishot package...thats a lot to pay for a $400 dollar golf simulator. I have an Optishot and a DIY setup in my garage. Being the cheap guy I am, I used an existing laptop (the wifes) for the software...made my own stance mat (which I really need to replace, but it does the job)..bought a cheap Benq projector onsale for $299 and used a kingsize white sheet with a an old thick comforter behind it for my screen... I hung them from my celling using grommets and bungies and used foam garage tiles on the ground. Not the best setup obviously, but I get a decent picture, can hit Word of golf 30% flight balls (which feel pretty close to real) and it all cost less then $900...I'm happy....If I was going to make a recommendation on this package, I would recommend that if you are planing to spend $5000...buy a Protee or GSA simulator. $4600 is too much to pay for the end result being an Optishot in an enclosure...similar response to the P3Pro package...use the extra money to buy a better sim...then add the projector, screen etc as you can...if you don't want to spend that much, just buy the Optishot or P3Pro and do the rest yourself...you will save a ton...just my opinion

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Both are overpriced period..... Save your money and source out the components and you will save more than 50% of what either company is charging. I am not sure who would buy this but they obviously have not read the info on this site. At those prices, get a Protee or GSA for absolutely sure.

I just thought it was interesting how a lot people view the P3Pro to be expensive when adding on all the parts so you can have a Optishot comparable unit. (meaning P3Pro Sensor + Courses + Grass Mat). It's a lot more expensive in that scenario.
    But when it comes to this Full Simulator setup the P3Pro has the edge on better features and price.

A simulator setup is going to cost you no matter how you do it thou if your building the complete setup.

I need a building to put one of these in! lol

Good comments.

Yes I somewhat agree that if you add the cost of the DD premium courses it starts to get up there. They will have to stop relying on their premium courses at some point. In general however, the Optishot is cheaper and a better bang for the buck than the P3pro. Both of those systems are overpriced and not worth it at all. In my opinion you would be nuts to buy either one. The companies are just tryingto make some dough on a "COMPLETE PACKAGE" and I am sure some folks that know no better will bite.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    $5000 for these simulators is udderly riduculous. You still have the same low end simulator. Build your own if you want one of these. People here will help you all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by psace View Post
    $5000 for these simulators is udderly riduculous. You still have the same low end simulator. Build your own if you want one of these. People here will help you all the way!

Exacxtly my point psace!!!!

Pitching Wedge Nigel_37 is on a distinguished road
    Yeah, totally build your own. I'm not going to say anything about the P3Pro, 'cos I'm, at the moment, an Optishot guy... Chances are, if you're browsing this site, you have a computer (so minus 1 pt for the Opti package). If you're looking for a golf sim, chances are you have clubs (and a driver, so no need for the Optistix.. minus another for the Opti).

What I spent was $400 for the unit, $400 for a 10x15' screen (from Cory), and $400 for a refurbed short-throw projector. Add a few mats to bring up the height so I'm level with the Opti (maybe $50 max...). Huge price difference there from $4k package. Sure, I've added a few premium courses over the last couple years... But there are those prime months where you get paid 3 times. That's when I buy my toys! : )

Again, not sure how much a DIY P3Pro would run you. Hopefully others will be able to help you out on these aspects as well. A 'package' deal may be good for a weekend trip to Vegas, or when buying new furniture... But for any sort of electronics/entertainment... Buy what you need. Usually ends up as the cheaper option.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    Not sure you can compare the two packages, one has a impact screen and the other got a complete simulator bay!

While I still am going to change the impact screen for the X times and thinking real hard about upgrading the projector I am afraid that if I counted the money I have spend on my simulator, it might very well be up there + I spend a lot of time doing it!

Projector ~$1000 (Getting replaced)
    Gaming labtop ~ $850 ( New desktop is on the way)
    Cables and cable extenders ~$300
    Impact screens (3) ~ $500 (getting replaced)
    Other Screen hardware, wood and metal pipes ~ $500 (need changing for new larger screen)
    Carpets and mats ~ $400 (Will need more or even replace)

So I have spend +$3,500 without the cost of a simulator and the only thing I am not changing out are the cables!.

It's a good thing, my wife doesn't read this forum.

Wow, your costs were high syhlif32. You can buy a used projector for $400 or less, used desktop for $500, mat you can litterly make for $100 etc. It depends on your budget and how frugal one wants to get. I do think that the average DD user can spend 1/2 that amout for a similair setup.

I think the P3Pro comes with a tiny enclosure too.. (At least that's what the picture shows?) It will all depend on what it actually is thou and the quality. I haven't seen a picture yet. If anyone has one...

golfun are you thinking of buying one of these? What sim do you currently have again?

Noooooooooo lol I had an a launchpad (don't remind me lol) and a optishot (don't remind me lol).
    I think you or someone else had helped me trouble shoot problems. Like 12 trillion solutions ha.

I love seeing where all this tech is going, especially for home simulators.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    Yes Bubba22 you are right. it can be done cheaper.
    But I think a lot of people here spend more, some even made a complete building!

Even our room was changed during the construction, to accommodate the simulator. not sure what that cost

Cool Golfun. you are like me with the Launchpad, Optishot etc. What's next for you? You are right syhlif32, the costs are probably more overall especially if things like enclosures, buildings need be done. As well if you want a higher end computer, projector etc it certainly can add up so I fully hear ya.

Putter udeagle20 is on a distinguished road
    If you look around at other sites...there are plenty that offer packages from $1500 to $3000 for a full system. The computer/projector is what gets you.

I don't think the packages are a bad idea if you want the following:

*software platform
    *enclosure and screen
    *mat

The electronics vary so much in price that you can easily overpay for those 2 pieces of the package.

Bubba I, like most my golf friends don't have a lot of room and good lighting. I will just keep looking here for options! Thanks!

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Hey Golfun,

Here is an example of 'building your own simulator' at http://www.par2pro.com/shop/index.php?cPath=23

P3ProSwing Essential Hybrid-PLUS Golf Simulator / Analyzer - $1,247.00
    - .Surface Grass Top G2
    - Courses 2 + 18 Premium Courses
    - Launch Angle No LA Camera System

Single Stance Mat - Universal 1.75" Thick - $449.00
    - Cutout For P3ProSwing
    - Putting Mat No Putting Mat

Projector - Standard - $770.98
    - Accessories 25' Cable & Mount

Impact Projection Screen - M6 Mesh - $599.00

Total: $3,065.98
    Last edited by Par2Pro; 08-03-2012 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Formatting

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    You can mix and match if you want to lower costs or get higher quality items, but it gives you an idea of how you can build your own to save some money

Happy Golfing!
    Cory

Putter chrislister is on a distinguished road
    I agree with everyone on here, neither of those packages are actually worth those prices, and for those prices, a Protee, or GSA, or the Trugolf mini trac system would be the best for that price. The Par2Pro guys are great and have a great site with many different options for simulator purchase. Like everyone else, just buy the sensor, then add on the others, craigslist and kijiji are great sites for finding cheap projectors and screens. Ebay as well. I have a DIY in my garage too, the projector I got for $600, Retails for $2500, a screen came with it, and the screen alone is $1400, so you can save a ton buying individually.

Thread Information