CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar

Dynamic Gold - Project X Switch...

Currently playing DGSLX100's in my irons at a half inch over standard and they just feel too loose to me so i'm thinking about trying out a set of PX 7.0's at a half inch over as they spin less and launch a little bit higher.

Has anybody on here made the switch from DG to PX and have any thoughts on it?

Par gregnol is on a distinguished road gregnol's Avatar
    very curious to see the talk on this. i've been debating going to the Dynamic golds to bring down my ball flight a bit. currently using True Temper Black Golds which was originally made to compete with the Project X line.
    "I'm a hockey player but I'm here to play golf today" Happy Gilmore

I had a set of black golds that I loved and should have never sold. Yours aren't x are they?

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    Do a search on golfwrx.com and you will find too many threads to count on this topic.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    I played with you last spring in Prescott and you were using Nike blades. Are these the shafts you are speaking of ? I do recall you ballooning your irons that day.

Were these the stock shafts that came with the Nike's ? If so that could be the answer to your problem. LMK

FYI, PX's do not launch higher than DG's, they are designed to have a more penetrating trajectory.

Yep playing the Nikes and still am, they had the DGSLX100's in them during that round and I had them installed aftermarket but the shafts were new.

I'm pondering a move to heavier more so stout shaft with the PX7.0 to try and bring in a bit more accuracy and less spin. Probably go to 6.5 on the wedge shafts. I'm just wondering about swingweight with the 7.0's at a half inch over. They are going to feel alot heavier to me than the set with the SL's in them.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Will those PX shafts still give you miracle lies when you flare a tee shot on a par 3 30 yards right of your target into the hay?

I have never played the TrueTemper version of the PX but the originals were super sweet. I have never liked the DG.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Haha man it was fun beating you buddy!

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Yep playing the Nikes and still am, they had the DGSLX100's in them during that round and I had them installed aftermarket but the shafts were new.

I'm pondering a move to heavier more so stout shaft with the PX7.0 to try and bring in a bit more accuracy and less spin. Probably go to 6.5 on the wedge shafts. I'm just wondering about swingweight with the 7.0's at a half inch over. They are going to feel alot heavier to me than the set with the SL's in them.
    PX's are lighter overall than the DG and a little heavier than the SL model. It's the weight distribution and specific bend profile in each shaft in the PX that will make it feel the way it does.

The total weight of you individual nike heads will also have a an affect on the s.w

The SL model is not for you from what I witnessed. Defenitly a heavier shaft is in order and perhaps a bit of hard stepping with X100's. Unless you have hit PX"s before, you either love them or can't stand them!

Thread Information