CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    You are using the P3pro inside not outside, right? My advice, check the sensors and check the lighting!

Lob Wedge Tailwagger is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    You are using the P3pro inside not outside, right? My advice, check the sensors and check the lighting!
    Yep, inside. I did check the diagnostics which show all the sensors firing. BTW, this is the 5.0.something version of the software.

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    Make sure that there is not some debre on the rows of the sensors. Are you using the pad as the factory pad or with another turf top? The sensors may be working but also could be covered and cause a bad read. That is not normal and may be a pad issue.

Other option would be to try to re install the software.

3 Wood Stonebattle is on a distinguished road
    Tailwagger
    I've had data similar to this when I had lighting issues, but also when I was using some shinny metal irons. I finally black taped over the hozel and the problem went away.

Quote Originally Posted by SFR View Post
    Make sure that there is not some debre on the rows of the sensors. Are you using the pad as the factory pad or with another turf top? The sensors may be working but also could be covered and cause a bad read. That is not normal and may be a pad issue.

Other option would be to try to re install the software.
    I did note a blade of grass or to that I blew out (I have the grass, not turf, top version). I did try this on two different computers so in effect I've already tried a re-install.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonebattle View Post
    Tailwagger
    I've had data similar to this when I had lighting issues, but also when I was using some shinny metal irons. I finally black taped over the hozel and the problem went away.
    The Yonex irons I used are chrome, but the others irons are satin finish (Miura). both exhibited the same behavior. That said I'll try taping the hosel to see if it helps. Thanks!

9 Iron roach5539 is on a distinguished road
    Tailwagger,
    I have had my P3Pro for 6-7 months now. I struggled a bit at first getting my swing speed up to my normal range hitting indoors and off the sensor pad. This after hitting off a mat in the same location for years. Something about hitting off the pad in a somewhat confined space made a difference for me. I also noticed my swing without a ball "in play" is almost useless. Face is usually wide open (18 degrees)... I also played with tape and lighting, etc..... Over time, I was able to get my speed up to a more acceptable range.. but I was still convinced that the swing speed measurement on the P3Pro was a little slow. However, I recently had the opportunity to test clubs on a GC2 and saw very similar results on both normal swings and ones were I pushed myself to get a little more distance. I do not tape my irons and have had no real issues with lighting. I am VERY happy with the unit and use it regularly.
    This all said, your results seem a little extreme.. You may want to get P3Pro support involved..
    If you can, set it up somewhere where you can hit real balls and see if it makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by roach5539 View Post
    Tailwagger,
    I have had my P3Pro for 6-7 months now. I struggled a bit at first getting my swing speed up to my normal range hitting indoors and off the sensor pad. This after hitting off a mat in the same location for years. Something about hitting off the pad in a somewhat confined space made a difference for me. I also noticed my swing without a ball "in play" is almost useless. Face is usually wide open (18 degrees)... I also played with tape and lighting, etc..... Over time, I was able to get my speed up to a more acceptable range.. but I was still convinced that the swing speed measurement on the P3Pro was a little slow. However, I recently had the opportunity to test clubs on a GC2 and saw very similar results on both normal swings and ones were I pushed myself to get a little more distance. I do not tape my irons and have had no real issues with lighting. I am VERY happy with the unit and use it regularly.
    This all said, your results seem a little extreme.. You may want to get P3Pro support involved..
    If you can, set it up somewhere where you can hit real balls and see if it makes a difference.
    Its interesting as, for me too as the numbers I published suggest, with a ball in play things were a bit better. The flightscope numbers I published where actually under more duress. First time with a pro for a fitting, pretty self conscious, no such problem swinging at home and I'm sure that I'm making pertty close to a normal swing foor me.

The interesting thing is that occasionally as can be seen in my numbers, and I was trying to be consistent in my swings for the test, not pressing at all, I'll see a number in the high 79's, low 80s. I'm actually tempted to go buy a swing speed meter and test it along side the p3p (sadly my 3bays swing meter, which showed numbers closer to what I expected, died, so I cant correlate them). Regardless, I'm going to draft something to send to them this evening. I'm truly glad to hear so many are satisfied with the unit... its really one of the few that make sense for my situation, so I'm hopeful I can correct what I'm seeing at this point. Again thanks for the info!

3 Wood northgolf is on a distinguished road
    Tailwagger,

Garbage reading like yours are one reason I gave up on the P3Pro. I bag Mizuno MP-57's and they are crome. I had the "super closed at impact" results too often. I had to tape the irons.

I had some success with the driver (taped), but I found getting the tape accurately square to the clubface difficult.

As to swing speed, the P3Pro was dead on the same as a swing speed radar unit, so it seems accurate for SS.

3 Wood Stonebattle is on a distinguished road
    Tailwagger
    I seldom get strange reading like you are reporting. I have the lighting worked out and I clean the sensor regularly. Maybe if you post some pictures of your setup?(viewed from all sides) Perhaps that would help us see what might be happening.

Hi all,
    Sorry I went silent for a while, but I thought I'd give you an update. I was in contact with P3P support who were great and very responsive. Unfortunately for me, despite trying any number of fixes, as it turns out the locations where I can use the unit seeming provide too many reflections for me to get consistently accurate results. I have a very contemporary house, lots of glass, open concept with hard wood floors everywhere. Making the necessary series of alterations in a way that would be acceptable to the boss are just not realistic.

To be clear, I really liked the unit, the software package, support and service and if someone asked me, particularly given the results others have achieved, I'd say if you have the right environment and can control the reflectivity, for the $$$ I think P3P is a very worthy choice. Sadly I cant but I must say, having played with it for a while, I'm truly envious of those of you who have. Best of luck to you all and thanks for the advice and help.

Tail there are other options besides (and much better) than the P3pro. Ever thought about trying another sim?

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Tail there are other options besides (and much better) than the P3pro. Ever thought about trying another sim?
    Absolutely. Even with a lot of the suspect readings I was getting, I was able to do a little work on getting a bit more consistency in my swing path and tempo. Played one of my best rounds of the year in 40F temperatures the previous weekend and I'm sure some of it had to do with the time I was putting in on the sim. Unfortunately, unless I up my budget significantly and build a dedicated room, my space is a little limited and likely has to be with near balls, which somewhat limits my choices. While I'm interested in some sim capability largely to pique my son's interest, I'm primarily interested in a practice facility for game improvement. Given my circumstance, I'm looking for a reasonably priced system that can supply me with accurate club data. So, yes, I'm following a lot of the threads on the board with great interest and if you have any suggestions, I'd be very happy hear them.

Protee, GSA, Trugolf for club data. GC2 for ball data but stay tuned in the new year for other options potentially.

Thread Information