100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    3 Wood 3putt is on a distinguished road 3putt's Avatar

SMT Solitaire or Outburst plus fairway woods

Looking to buy new fairway woods and I'm currently looking at the SMT Solitaire or Outburst plus.

If anyone has used the SMT Solitaire or Outburst plus fairway woods, any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by 3putt
    Looking to buy new fairway woods and I'm currently looking at the SMT Solitaire or Outburst plus.

If anyone has used the SMT Solitaire or Outburst plus fairway woods, any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
    I have used the Solitaires and have assembled a few for some other golfers.

The distance, feel and the look are all great. A couple of golfers have had difficulty getting the 2.5 wood off the ground, and yet another two, and myself, have not. All the other lofts are easy to hit.

I have a few heads. If interested, PM me.

Scratch Player byerxa is on a distinguished road byerxa's Avatar
    BC MIST: How do you find the SMT 2.5 as a driving club compared to a standard driver like a 455? There are days when I am not hitting driver well and am better off with a 3 wood, but my current 3 wood (Ashton X-1), although an excellent club, is low profile hence a little inconsistent to hit drives with. I am also looking at the new Maltby CT250 fairway woods (they have a 12*).

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by byerxa
    BC MIST: How do you find the SMT 2.5 as a driving club compared to a standard driver like a 455? There are days when I am not hitting driver well and am better off with a 3 wood, but my current 3 wood (Ashton X-1), although an excellent club, is low profile hence a little inconsistent to hit drives with. I am also looking at the new Maltby CT250 fairway woods (they have a 12*).
    When you have a 455 you won't be driving with the 2.5.

Actually, on the few occasions where I used the 2.5 off the tee, it was fine, bet then I had no problem hitting it off the fairway, either, The flight was just a little more driving off the FW, which made it a great club when playing into the wind. Helping me was the fact that I was used to a Steelhead Plus 2 wood, so the straighter face was not scary at all.

I hit slightly down on all my clubs, making it easier to hit good shots with a lower lofted club.

Thread Information