100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Sorry Werx but I think you will be slugged 70 bucks in fees and taxes.

USA has a $200 exemption from my reading- Canada $20!

EDIT. Good luck. Hope it has no fees considering we were not advised it would ship from China.

Wow, 6 hours after leaving LA delivered in Portland OR.- DHL rocks.

7 Iron MICHO54321 is on a distinguished road
    Mine was delivered in Miami An hour ago!

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Woohooo!!! Just got the call, they are sending my 1st order out today - I ordered a limited amount to start, so if anyone wants one in Canada and doesn't want to pay the customs/brokerage fees, just email me at cory@par2pro.com. As with all of the products, I won't be posting it on my storefront until we have tested it out

PS: I can also sell these internationally.

Andisblue
    Who is capable of posting some test results? Who has another club head measurement sim that is accepted as being accurate to compare to? I'm curious if this thing is a good training tool, or an optishot.

I am hoping to do that soon Andis - I don't have a shipping notice yet and I am thinking that I may not be able to get to it until I am back from my road trip in mid-June.

When I do get a chance though I can compare it to the ProTee sim and maybe a couple of other systems. Not sure if the technologies will interfere with each other (I'm thinking that may have happened with the TruGolf and GC2 test since they both use IR as part of the technology).

Hopefully some other users can get some posts up sooner

Cheers,
    Cory

The shipping slip has a declared valve of $30 USD and "terms of trade" = " deliver duty unpaid "

edit: Cory

you may be able to compare a few numbers with the protee but there will be a difference as to where both systems regard "impact"

l think with the 3D data it claims to provide you would need a dopp radar system like Trackman3 or flightscope X2 to get any useful analysis.
    Last edited by CPA; 05-15-2012 at 11:02 PM.

This is their claim

"Backing up the animation is data about your swing at address, impact and in between. Numbers include Club head speed and acceleration at all points through your swing, your club's true plane from address to impact, club face angle relative to swing path, static and dynamic loft and lie at address and impact, angle of attack and club path and tempo. "

what sim can check these numbers at all points througout the entire swing?

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    "what sim can check these numbers at all points througout the entire swing"

I guess the real question is, can SwingByte? It looks like we're going to find out now =|;0-)

Andisblue
    Quote Originally Posted by wbealsd View Post
    "what sim can check these numbers at all points througout the entire swing"

I guess the real question is, can SwingByte? It looks like we're going to find out now =|;0-)
    You can verify ball flight and distance with your own eyes, but it would be hard to see your club during the swing. We could surely see if the numbers "make sense", or how well they align with X2, trackman, whatever. That was why I was asking - "who is capable" aka, who has the equipment to compare to. I'm skeptical but hey, sometimes products actually work!

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    Andisblue, I'm certainly hoping it lives up to its claims and glad it's finally getting shipped so we'll have the opportunity to find out how well it really does.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Kevin Haime has 8 of these puppies. Correction, he has 7. I got one yesterday....
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Pitching Wedge WERX is on a distinguished road
    Got mine late today
    DHL processing fees+tax =$15

Tried a few swing in the backward and it seems to track pretty good
    I think it will help me improve my swing.
    Curious to take it to the range.

Playing Winter Rules mmlincon is on a distinguished road
    I received mine on Tuesday and have done some testing with it. So, far I would say the swingbyte does 3 things very well. 1. The picture of the swing plane is nice and seems accurate. The tempo reading is nice as well. The clubhead speed looks pretty good. Things start to go south from there. Mine does a horrible job on determining the club path with readings well over 10 degrees ( in-out ) which throws every reading off that way out of whack. So, ball launch direction and face angle reading are off. This seems to be caused by the shaft leaning forward at impact as opposed to being more vertical during setup. This issue was less pronounced with shorter clubs.

I have more testing to do and more people to test it on, so I will see if the problems I have are the same for others. I got this device mainly for the swing plane picture and tempo readings so I'm pretty happy with it. People looking for the other data might be disappointed.

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    People have said the unit twists a little with each swing. Be careful of this.

Also, several of the measurements rely on percise placement of the unit on the shaft (at 3 o'clock I believe) and many have said that after it twisted, they had large in-out, out-in swing paths because of this.

Just what I've heard.

Some people said hockey tape or masking tape under the unit has helped.

Playing Winter Rules mmlincon is on a distinguished road
    I've been meticulous about placement and yet it does move. I think the issue is the shaft lean and it's probably more pronounced with my sing than it will be for others. I'm not knocking the device and it provides useful information. People need to be aware of it's limitations however. It does what I expected it to do and provides me with valuable information. Folks who are expecting detailed/accurate club path/face data maybe disappointed.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I am not suprised with this. Just what I expected!!! Thanks mmlincon.

Anyone had the time this weekend to test impact angles against protee, x2 or trackman?

Their Twitter page is littered with praise but one wonders if they all have the ability to test accuracy.

It must at least get the general direction of clubface and swingpath correct?

Just an update- Mich Nick here seems happy but no scientific test.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/.../page__st__120

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    I seen on the site that Iphone and Ipad as well as Ipod work. Anyone know what version of the Ipod touch will work (2,3,4)?

Also if it could go on a Blackberry Playbook? If so where are you downloading the app from? Have a Ipod touch3 and a playbook so just wondering if either will work with this or if I need to upgrade.

SFR I would email them as their PR machine is pretty quick to respond.

Has everyone ensured their initial address is all square as this is the reference point for all measurements. It perhaps should have something it detects level and on target line to get initial readings.

OK- got the redirected swingbyte today. Work busy but stole the time to try it out.

Initial problems of the unit moving on the shaft are correct. Moves far too much to regard any results as accurate. Do not have masking tape so will have to get some to stop the spin.

Android issues. Did not have auto update on and the initial version had issues.
    Have Lenovo slate tablet and it keeps freezing requiring a reboot. This occurred both before and after an update.

The HTC EVO 3d would not even connect to swingbyte until after the update. Then it takes a minute to connect before every swing.......tedious.

Until they speed up the Android world I will try the Wifes IPhone to see if any issues.

The data I got looked vaguely ok (against the gc2 numbers) but the face angle for initial address looked out. The clubface square and swingbyte saying 8 degrees open/closed. As the impact data is relative to address how can you trust the impact numbers?

They need some mechanism to test or set the initial address face as square.

Will try and get it working better and post some gc2 and swingbyte same shot numbers .

Great posts so far guys - keep 'em coming.

Me? Well, I'm still waiting for my order which will is estimated to arrive the day before I hit the road for a couple of weeks (of course LOL). I'll do more testing when I get back.

Just to let everyone know there is a hacker over at the paradise forum called kolosky who is from swingbyte who will attand to any issues quickly. The forum is quite active re swingbyte but they do not seem to have sims so the data cannot be tested scientifically.

Edit: update software today. they have removed the clubface angle at address and shot shape that IS one way of solving Incorrect data!!!!!!!
    Last edited by CPA; 05-24-2012 at 04:48 AM.

Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road
    Any new updates/reviews?

I have put mine away until they update their app in a fee weeks so you can set the target line. Then the data may be useable.

How would you set the "target line" then? You mean the line from the ball to your target right?

thanks

Yes.
    The initial app displayed clubface angle at address (after the shot) it was always out when it should have been 0 (square). They then updated the app to delete this.

They need to display that figure on screen as you address the ball so you can move the swingbyte around to get a 0 reading at address.( presuming the clubface is square!)

yikes!

Pitching Wedge Vicoz2009 is on a distinguished road
    It would be cool if swingbyte makes a golf game app, less on the serious/sim/accuracy side and more for the fun side. It would be better than a Wii or PS3 controller.

Thread Information