100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Putter echo is on a distinguished road
    Accuracy is the biggest flaw of this gadget! It measures data based on the device location at the club grip level. At the head level things are totally different. The distance from the grip to the head and the shaft stiffness contribute a lot! to the data, and that simply cannot be interpolated properly by this device design principles.
    Conclusion: waste of money.

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    I would think you have to take these things for what they can do for you and decide if it is worth it. If it can show an accurate swing path, back swing and follow through, then for me that alone is a great tool. Nothing else needed. You can play your simulator you have and then add this device to an ipod and just get that much more info on your swing that a camera would otherwise be need to do and then a good one at that to do it clearly. This device could be used without slowing down your computer or sim. as it needs not to be running on one.

I like the idea, as swing plane is one thing I want to see. Forget any other info.

SFR, I like the idea as well, but again, good idea should have a good implementation. Personally, I might not be interested in seeing pathway (even tho it might look nice, etc.) of my hands holding a grip if there're 2+ ft of the distance (that's where head is) where pathway is totally different, same goes for the speed and acceleration. So, imo, this is the case where visual representation of a product, which isn't accurate, overshadows the real job it should be doing. Do you personally want to see and learn from MISINTERPRETED results??? I don't.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Echo have you used one? Have you tested it against something else.

I am not prepared to write it off as a result of the unit being up at the grip. In theory it can stiil get the head data coirrect.

With enough testing we can then pass judgment.

I am closely familiar with the technology. It passes positioner and accelerometer data to the iphone via bluetooth. And those values are being passed from the points where the device actually is. The software is capable to change the coordinates (by adding roughly a couple feet too it that would take a shaft into consideration), but this interpolation has no idea about what's the actual club angle, so, you can see the data that look like what you expect to see but in reality swings are gonna vary from the trajectory significantly. Especially applies to new golfers

I imagine it measures tilt axis in 3d as well, which is how they calculate other data- same as PS3 move does.

I could be wrong.

7 Iron MICHO54321 is on a distinguished road
    Echo, in the video and website you can see there is a page on the app where you pick the club you are swinging, or you can add the values if its not on the data base, lie, loft, length etc.... I would think thats for the device to calculate data accurately.

This is the link, press on the "taylor your Mobile Golf Bag:
    http://www.swingbyte.com/tour

Also, on the "record your swing" tab, it clearly says "9 iron" I am pretty sure this would have to do with all data calculations

Quote Originally Posted by MICHO54321 View Post
    Echo, in the video and website you can see there is a page on the app where you pick the club you are swinging, or you can add the values if its not on the data base, lie, loft, length etc.... I would think thats for the device to calculate data accurately.
    What ever it says, just think about it for a moment: gyro and accelerometer - the only devices within that thing that know what's going on, and they are wherever your hands are, the rest is approximation, and any parameter that you can include would just adds up to the formula that tries to emulate the real positioning and speed. And if you account different stiffness grades and the way how it changes the form of a shaft during a swing, and how it impacts the speed of a head during downswing, then whatever is based on the calculations will have pretty significant % of approximation (as opposed to precision)

They may down the track let you specify the shaft you are using to give a better calculation???

I just hope the formula is very good, I plan on using it with my gc2 launch data, for me, club speed and path and face angle is enough if mixed with the launch data. I do see your point. I will pay the 150.00 just for the club path.

Certainly compared to the gc2 hmt at $6500-$8000.

Playing Winter Rules mmlincon is on a distinguished road
    I have to agree with echo to a point. For club head data this thing is just making calculations and in some cases it will be close and in others it will probably be completely wrong. What I ordered one for is the graphical swing plane. In my mind it should be able to represent that pretty well, we will see though. You can tell someone they are swinging a certain way, but if they can actually see it there will be the OMG moment when they say they can't believe they were doing that. If nothing else it's just another golf gadget.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    Don't get too high hopes the low priced accelerometer are only +/- 1 degree on each axle.
    Not sure about the gyros? would think the steel shafts would influence the gyros?
    I think it will be good for measuring your swing speed and to see if you are accelerating though the swing. And as mmlincon says maybe it will good at showing the 3D swing.
    While we have to wait and see I do not see the hardware as being able to show accurate club head data.

The Ping app for putting uses an iphone and nobody id impressed with that app except for helping with then tempo.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Good point guys. For $150, if it can show my swing path in 3D relatively close to my simulator, it would be worth it IMO.

And from videos of the $6500 GC2 HMT, the Swingbyte or Itrainer, might be more accurate.

I still have not heard from the Swingbyte rep. Either they are super busy selling it or it ain't ready...

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    Good point guys. For $150, if it can show my swing path in 3D relatively close to my simulator, it would be worth it IMO.

That was my point and thoughts. If you were to ask any of the Golf Sim companies that we are using today, to come up with a device to just show the path of our swing, from take away to the top of the swing to the decending path, it would be a whole lot more than $150 and you most likely not be able to take it with you to the range.
    Last edited by SFR; 04-05-2012 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post

I still have not heard from the Swingbyte rep. Either they are super busy selling it or it ain't ready...
    My guess is the latter.

Playing Winter Rules mmlincon is on a distinguished road
    Well I pre-ordered and am supposed to get an email when it ships. Nothing so far, so I assume they aren't out yet

Lob Wedge ktkn is on a distinguished road
    For those that just want the swing plane part of it, does this do something a high speed digital camera can't do or do it better (assuming I have both down the line and face on recordings of my swing)

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    How does the Swingbyte compare with the ProTee Mobile 3D Shot Analyzer? That's something I've been overlooking while I've been thinking about how I'll want to get my building setup for the ProTee 2.0 system I'm planning on getting. Since it's basically an option, if purchased through Par2Pro, I hadn't even looked into it until tonight. "Connect your ProTee Golf 2.0 Sensor System with a mobile device and get instant feedback on your shot. View all shot details before the ball has landed. Connect from anywhere in the world using a mobile internet connection." - http://www.proteegolfsimulator.com/s...category_id=10

It doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by ktkn View Post
    For those that just want the swing plane part of it, does this do something a high speed digital camera can't do or do it better (assuming I have both down the line and face on recordings of my swing)
    You could even use a web cam on the P3Pro but you don't get a real good image frame by frame and more things running seem to slow things down. If space is tight you may not have room for a camera or if only one you need to move it around to see both views. Also you can't take a camera as easily and see your results as easily out on the range, however if you have those tools you may not need more but it seems like it could be a handy light weight and easy to use device for under $200. If you don't have those high speed camers which would be cheaper?

Maybe I'm dense, but I guess I don't really get the point of the ProTee Mobile shot analyzer from the information on their site... I'm just not seeing what its purpose is, or how (or if) it could be used at the range or the golf course...

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    As ZMax says, it doesn't compare. The Protee mobile just allows your tablet to get a visual of the swing from the sensor pad. That's it!! Not for the range etc.

Thanks bubba22, I guess I can see why Cory makes it optional in his package then. I don't think it's something I would (need / want) when I initially get setup then... There are other things more basic I could spend my money on (impact screen, netting, stance mat, etc)...

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Agree!

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    The 3D mobile shot is repeating the swing information page you can get up after each swing. It does that in a more graphic way.
    I have it setup so that I do not get the swing information on the big screen, so no delays between shots. If I want to see in details what went on with the swing/ shot I look at the tablet.
    If you got an Android phone or tablet you can just download the app.

And no you can't use it away from the Protee. You need a wifi network in your house and have the Protee computer connected to the same network ether by cable or by wifi.

Thanks for the details syhlif32!! At this point, although I've got wifi setup for my house that should work OK for the building I'm getting setup this summer, I don't have an android phone or tablet and although I can see where the 3D mobile would be nice to have, I think I can wait until I get the basics covered. But I can put it on my wish list - lol

Anybody get a shipping confirmation from Swingbyte?

Thread Information