100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    6 Iron KurtW is on a distinguished road KurtW's Avatar

Partners for Myrtle Beach

I'm heading for the Myrtle Beach area, arriving Feb 12 and have a townhouse rented for a month in Sunset Beach, NC. I'll be there for the first couple of weeks by myself, before my wife flies down to meet up with me. I'll be looking for folks to hook up with for a few rounds and perhaps a beer or two. It will be my first time there and am pretty psyched for all the golf! I'm new to this forum but thought it might be a good way to meet up with others heading down to the Myrtle Beach area. Cheers!

No one going to Myrtle Beach, I guess. Can anyone recommend any courses to play (that won't break the bank)?

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Seeing that your in Sunset Beach and would like economical courses, I would recommend the Big Cats, Sea Trails and Pearl courses.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Thanks

Putter putterputz is on a distinguished road
    I have looked into a lot of myrtle beach golf packages myself, but have yet to settle on one. I've heard great things about Rees Jones at Sea Trails, have you decided on which courses you're going to visit? Keep me posted!
    Last edited by putterputz; 03-03-2012 at 10:44 AM.

I'm going to be there for a month so I'll have lots of time to check out a number of courses. I'll definitely look into the courses recommended by Edsgolf and hopefully get some recommendations from locals once there.

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    Too bad it wasn't two weeks earlier. I'm in Myrtle Beach right now (SurfSide beach actually) and let me tell you the weather is wonderful down here, especially for this time of year. We're packing up tomorrow to head further south to Davenport for the next 4 weeks but I've definitely enjoyed the 5 days we've spent here, and I'll definitely be back.

Putter putterputz is on a distinguished road
    looking forward to hearing about your experience!

So I have been in the Myrtle Beach area for 2 weeks now and have played a number of different courses. There's been some great deals on green fees with promos through a number of the courses. A few of them.....

I played Sea Trails-Jones in Sunset Beach,NC today for $30 with a 11:50 tee time. Nice course in ok condition right now. Good bent grass greens, which was a nice change from all the Bermuda. Playing the Byrd course tuesday for $20!

Played Pearl East in Sunset Beach,NC, which has a really nice layout. Greens are a bit strange with them all being heavily crowned. Kinda like putting on a turtle's back. You can dicker fees with the pro shop and can get rates at about $35.

Played Aberdeen, which is up near Longs,SC. Also a nice course, which is in really nice shape right now. The pace was a bit slow as there was no marshall to keep the group in front of us in check. They spent more time fishing for balls/gators in the water hazards than golfing. It was a bit more expensive booked through GolfNow.

Also played a little course in Little River,SC called The Valley at Eastport. It's only $17 and I was surprised and way better than I expected. It's short with only being 6200 from the back tees but still good, especially for the price and as a warm up course to get the winter rust out!

Trying to get used to the dormant bermuda rough and bermuda greens has been interesting.

According to the locals, the weather has been crazy good for this time of the year. They're in a drought situation around these parts and it's been one of the warmest winters in a long time. That's about it for now...

Thread Information