CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar

New Canadian Tour Event for Eastern Ontario

The Great Waterway Classic is the name of the newest stop on the Canadian Tour schedule. Beginning this year, and for the following three years, the event will be played at Smuggler's Glen, Loyalist G.C., Upper Canada G.C., and Black Bear Ridge. The event will have a September date.

In addition, the winner of each of the next four Flagstick Golf Magazine Spring Amateur Shootout at Smuggler's Glen tournaments will receive a sponsor's exemption to play in that year's Great Waterway Classic. The Shootout is played on the last weekend of May.

More information available at www.greatwaterwayclassic.ca, and www.flagstick.com
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road
    Looking forward to that event. It will be a bit of a logistical nightmare for the course (the way the entrance/parking is setup) but it should be really interesting to see them play the course. I wonder how many guys will reach #12 in one... (home to my best eagle ever)
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nice_lag View Post
    Looking forward to that event. It will be a bit of a logistical nightmare for the course (the way the entrance/parking is setup) but it should be really interesting to see them play the course. I wonder how many guys will reach #12 in one... (home to my best eagle ever)
    To my knowledge, there are a number of plans in place to expand and improve things like parking, larger practice green, larger driving range, and even a new tee deck or two. The Seal family (owners), GM Doug Wark, Head Greenskeeper Jason Boyce, and Flagstick are fully dedicated to making this a premier experience for the golfers, and the fans.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Putter dixongolfer is on a distinguished road
    From what I hear by talking to the Evolution Golf guys who are the tournament promoters they can park cars all up and down the Thousand Island Parkways sidewalk area that runs by the roadway plus they are working out shuttle plans, etc. Wark says expanded tee deck on range, larger putting green, new back tee on #8 and that the 12th might be played as a par 3 from the lower deck where it is about 220. That will be up to the tour but it may be a par 70 layout for the tourney.

Thread Information