+ Reply to Thread
    3 Wood cvclub is on a distinguished road

Impact screen and surround netting

I was checking to see what impact screen is now the favorite? I started with vinyl and am now ready to upgrade.....I am using vga benq graphics so perhaps I don't need to go to crazy??

Also interested in 'wrappin' the sides with netting to avoid rebound chasing!

About a year ago, Cory was selling a new raw material that seemd great....perhaps that's still the way to go??

Thx for any suggestions!

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    There is good info in this thread http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...t-screen/page9

Cory's HQ, Protee Screen, PR-20 westcoastnetting and CDG screen are the more popular options.

Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road
    Hi cvclub

Two links would be helpful:

impact screens: http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...t-screen/page9

enclosure / wall protection for netting or no netting options: http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...ection-Options...

personnally tested foresight screen made from a mesh textelinie (see review, buyer beware) and westcoastnettings.com PR-20 impact panel / screen (highly recommend).

Good luck.

Thx Bubba......as always!

Thx for the advice.......so did you go w/PR-20 and have them custom cut/grommet/etc?? I noticed several types of PR-20 to choose from........which do you suggest?

for my second net went wtih pr-20 white below with web binding and larger grommets on left / right / top. i asked to exclude the grommets from the bottom since i do not have the bottom connected.

westcoastnetting.com just updated their website. i did a search for pr-20 on the home page and it came up with a lot. i need to shoot an email over to Preston to let him know. Just need to drill down from sports netting to golf to impact panels. Below is a link. You can size it on the website and choose your finish and grommets then get a price, but recommend you ask for Preston before ordering if you have any questions.

http://www.westcoastnetting.com/nett...-18-4-206.html

there is a seem at 8 feet high but for me my image is ~ 8 x 14.5 - it sits just at the corner on the floor so you don't see it.

good luck.

let us know which way you go.

Thx for the clarification on Pr-20.......this might be the way to go. I have a 10x10 18# vinyl with a seam at 5' horizontal. It works well but I have a few complaints. It is kind of loud, it rebounds sometimes too far, and there are some noticable 'dimples' from hiting real balls. I would appreciate your comparison to PR-20.....how does it handle those issues?

As for seams, since I have a vga projector I am not sure if I would notice much difference between the screen types? Maybe I am naive but the image so far has always been great so I would think it might even be 'brighter' than the white vinyl? I also ordered some netting for the sides/top since the brush tee balls do 'escape' and cause havoc at times.

I forgot to mention that I clean my screen with a cloth and simple green.....I assume that if you hit with real balls you may create more stubborn stains on PR-20? Do you just put it in the washer occasionally?

Thanks for all the advice.......

Steve

pr-20:

bounce back - none; this was my issue with the foresight textiline product (mesh like stronger plastic like feel)

sound - not really noticeable to me

pucker marks / dimples - heard all screens form these since you are hitting balls into it. the prior foresight textiline screen left permanent dimples/pucker marks after just a few shots; pr-20 is made as a golf impact panel. it receives the balls nicely. after practicing there a few pucker marks but after brushing my hand over them they go away. can't speak for long term use yet. product looks very durable though and again is made as a golf impact panel versus screen initially so its made to take a lot of balls.

sim image - good

hd movies - acceptable but not as great as a cinema screen that is solid material versus a cloth pattern; my main purpose is golf and second priority is HD movies.

regarding projectors you may want to look at the HD projector thread. posted several reviews on the optoma gt-750-e for < $800. Its a wxga 720P HD projector that offers 16:9, 16:10, or 4:3 ratio; 3k lumens, 3k : 1 contrast ratio; and the best part is the short throw lens for large images - i get an image that's 8 x 14.5 from 12 feet away. it accepts 1080P and 1080P 3D and displays it in 720P 3D so you can still watch the latest bluerays. you will see others in the thread that went wtih it and were pleased also. if you want 1080P with this image size you will need a very long throw distance and / or specialty lenses (refer to thread).

good luck.

Sounds great....I'll be ordering soon!

Thread Information