CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar

shipping to and picking up an item in OGDENSBURG NY

If I have an item shipped and picked up in OGDENSBURG NY are there any customs fees or do I have to spend at least 24 hours or whatever. Feedback please
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    I've been using the UPS store quite a bit over the past little while. If you're honest, then you need to declare what you're bringing back in, and pay the tax on it. I've purchased some mid-priced electronics in the past few months and they haven't charged me a penny in duty, but YMMV there depending on the agent.

If you're getting tires, having them installed by a local dealer, and letting them dispose of your old ones, then I guess you'll have to decide how honest you want to be there. I had a chance to go through the parcel room at the UPS store because they couldn't find my box, and I'm sure there are quite a few new tires coming back across the border with only a few miles on them.

I'm sure you are aware that the UPS store will charge you $5/week per parcel, $10/day for freight, and I believe $3/week for envelopes. Other than that there shouldn't be other fees except your bridge toll. I've been told that there are some local restaurants that will give you toll tickets if you dine there, but I never pressed to find out which establishments offer this.

Hope that helps.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Hey Chief, Luc goes there quite a bit, he too would be a good source for info like hoolio.

Thank you. The item I am looking for weighs 45 pounds.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Luc is a regular at the UPS store, make a road trip out of it and head down with him.

I usually have stuff shipped directly from the suppier using usps but this particular supplier charges $125 for shipping while the item is $105. If i decide to have it shipped to NY I will touch base with Lefty.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Chief... With regards to weight, I recently had a 5.1 speaker setup shipped there with a weight of 59lbs and it was not considered freight. I believe if the shipping company considers the product as freight, then the UPS Store will charge you for freight.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I had to look up YMMV... "Your Mileage May Vary"

...and I'm having a tough time thinking you DIDN'T investivage the restaurant options, Hoolio.
    Andrew

Let's just say Ogdensburg doesn't seem to have a large digital footprint aside from the UPS Store. Short of driving from Restaurant to Restaurant asking if they'd give me toll fare, I'm not sure where to start researching.

I did have lunch at a little Italian place that seems to be owned by a very enthusiastic Habs fan.

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    Chief... With regards to weight, I recently had a 5.1 speaker setup shipped there with a weight of 59lbs and it was not considered freight. I believe if the shipping company considers the product as freight, then the UPS Store will charge you for freight.
    I normally order my grain/hops etc through Ogdensburg UPS store. Lots of 70-100lbs boxes coming through. Also had 2 30Gallon conical tanks with stands (~3.5ft tall, 2ft across) come through there.

Not one thing was marked or charged freight - gotta love that store (especially w/ the remodel - huge difference)!
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

Thread Information