100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar

Smile Callaway FTI Squareway 3 wood

Hi Guys
    I just ordered a Callaway FTI Squareway 3 wood from the Golftown Clearance sale, it should show up tomorrow. Come on UPS!
    I did a search on this forum for FTI Squareway and did not see any reviews at all. Can you guys that played them give me any feedback or reviews on them?
    Yes I know it is 2008 or 2009 but that is much better than the Big Bertha 2004 3 wood that it is replacing.
    Thanks
    Break68
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Yes it is a long off season.
    New FTI Squareway 3 wood was just delivered by UPS, can't wait to get home to open the box.

Hybrid Grouchy is on a distinguished road
    Bumping this thread to ask "how are you liking it"? I've got an FTI 5 Wood that I really like - just feels real good at address.

The square shape really got dumped fast by the industry, so I guess I'm pretty alone in my love for it.

I love it, I am hitting it great.
    I just put in an Xcaliber FW shaft in Regular flex, I am hoping it will be even better with the new shaft.
    It is the best 3wood I have ever had.

Albatross freddyottawa is on a distinguished road freddyottawa's Avatar
    Freddie Couples still has one of these in the bag, I saw him using it yesterday, so that must say something for it.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    It is an excellent club, I had the 5 wood but funny I did not like the driver version at all. It is a great club but it could not knock out my Q wood by KZG. I also agree that re-shafting a club to suit your swing is a definite plus.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Mine came with a Fujikura women's shaft that weighed 57 grams and was 43 inches long becasue that was all they had left so I ordered it and the funny thing is I was crushing it with that shaft. I have a 100 pmh swing speed with the driver and an outside-in swing and I was getting great distance and dead straight.
    Now the Xcaliber FW shaft is 75 grams in Regular and I am playing it at 43.5 inches long. I am hitting it really well as well but it does seem a bit heavier. I am still hitting it straight.
    Great head with a great shaft, at least for me.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Its amazing what a difference a shaft can make, I had a square Nike Sumo SQ 5900 with the stock shaft and it felt aweful. I put on the UST MOI shaft and it was a completely different club. Not terribly long but I could work the ball off the tee and hit it pretty straight. It helped me win my match against Reza in the 2009 OG match play. I think Reza still has nighmares about that club
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Hybrid Grouchy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    It is an excellent club, I had the 5 wood but funny I did not like the driver version at all.
    Same here. I demo'd the driver and really didn't like the sound/feel. Still love my 5.

Thread Information