100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Feedback

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar

Feedback

Is there no way to get some sort of feedback rating going again on this site? Perhaps a forum for feedback?

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    Good idea.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    I believe this has been discussed previously and I think Dan had mentioned since most of the deals are done locally, there isn't much of a need for feedback.

I think there's definitely a need for it.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    After a year without, it seems unnessesary. Nobody left negative feedback anyway. It was just a "successful deal counter". You can post "Good deal" or the like after a transaction in the item's for sale thread.

I would not be opposed to using it, if it were built into the forum software but it isn't. We won't be installing plugins like that anymore. They are a huge headache from this side.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

I'm going to start threads on my own then after deals gone bad calling members out for what I think are shady dealings. I am officially tired of getting my chain yanked.

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    How does one get their chain yanked on a local deal? I mean you meet in person and get to see the clubs before you buy them. The only times I've ever had trouble were buying clubs sight unseen and having them shipped to me. On OG that really should not be necessary.
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Oh there are numerous ways Reid, for the most part it's people telling you that you have a deal and that it's sold and then the rigamarole begins.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Oh there are numerous ways Reid, for the most part it's people telling you that you have a deal and that it's sold and then the rigamarole begins.
    been there, done that.

btw, nice use of the word rigamarole.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1972Apex View Post
    How does one get their chain yanked on a local deal? I mean you meet in person and get to see the clubs before you buy them. The only times I've ever had trouble were buying clubs sight unseen and having them shipped to me. On OG that really should not be necessary.
    There are definitely lots of ways. Nobody should end up out their club or cash in a local deal, but you can definitely be out your time or stuck with an aggravating experience. That said, I think there were less than 10 negative feedbacks in the many thousands of reviewed deals in iTrader? People just never used the system to report a bad deal.

It's not that I want to lay the smack down on these people either, it's just that there's a way to do business on a local site like this and it's all about respect and following through with what you say you are going to do. If you told me that you are taking the club and to mark it as sold the club is yours, yet somehow people don't get that.

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    I guess to me, it's not a bad deal unless I am out the dough or a club. If someone says they are taking a club and then change their minds, I could honestly care less. The ad stays up and I put people in line in case the deal falls through right up until the club is delivered.
    You always have the option of putting up a post warning about someone if you feel members are in danger of being ripped off.
    As for 'doing business' on a local site. To me the OG Classifieds are a convenience, not a business. It's a way to get rid of equipment you are done with. Some flexibility with fellow members is required, and overnight buyer's remorse is occasionally to be expected.
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    to me, what is worse, is agreeing to buy something from someone, then they go and sell it to someone else.

The question becomes, do you be courteous as a seller and wait for someone to get back to you or do you just say first one to my door with the $ gets the goods. I am usually patient but sometimes turn down other offers in the meantime waiting for someone that wants something to get back to me.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

"Calling out" people here isn't permitted.

Putter Bobby5Wood is on a distinguished road
    Why not? Someone may get offended? Jeeez, this site is SO typically boring because one can't "call out" a course
    for having bad conditions or bad service, and don't mention anyone's name either, and don't say anything negative
    about anything because someone may get offended, especially the moderators of this site. Blech. Snore. Yawn.

Yet if you want to know about the 6278 rounds that mpare plays every year, or see a survey where people brag/lie
    about what club they hit to 170yds, or how many charitable birdies joeblow makes (who the f--- cares!?!?),
    then this is YOUR PLACE! Just don't start a thread that people may actually respond to, something interesting,
    or something controversial, because that isn't tolerated here.

You'd probably get a lot more registrations and visitors, and associated advertising dollars, if you'd just
    get off your throne and let people speak their minds, and stop being so typically Ottawan.

Anyways, I doubt if this post will make it to the thread, someone's probably offended. Surprise me.

This site is owned by Kilroy, he can make whatever rules he wants.
    You could always create your own golf forum site Bobby.

Haha glorious first post, basically you've been lurking this board for who knows how long without having anything to bring to the site and then you complain! There are tons of great people in this community and best of all this is free, no one is forcing us to post or surf this board on a regular basis but we do. Nothing is perfect in life my friend, sounds like you need to start your own webpage.

Putter Bobby5Wood is on a distinguished road
    Yes, I have been lurking for years. What I'm bring to the site is an opinion to make the site more
    interesting, and to attrack more visitors and registrations. I find the site extremely sanitized,
    where anything, even the slightest bit controversial, get's blocked, or isn't permitted.

C'mon! If the service at ---- sucks, or the fairways at ---- are horrible, or some
    guys ripped me off buying clubs, then we should be able to get details.

Nowhere did I mention anything of the people in this site, only the content, which I find,
    for the most part, pretty boring. I'm sure others out there feel the exact same way....
    you go to OttawaGolf, and it's the same old stuff, with hardly anything new ever posted.
    I find the site setup is very good, the interface is nice, and it's always up, it's just the
    content. I like the site, but just think there'd be a lot more interesting threads, if
    the moderators would't be so tight about things.
    Last edited by Kilroy; 01-05-2012 at 01:50 PM.

I think it's a great site and for the most part if the controversial stuff doesn't get removed then things tend to get out of hand especially online. It's Dan's site and he gives the Mods rules to live by, I think you need to take this site for what it is a great place to talk about golf.

Bobby5Wood: We don't need or want antagonists here. As for our business model, I don't see how that's any of your concern and it shows how little you understand my business. I have 16 yrs experience running this site smoothly without your help.

Please read our Forum Rules prior to posting here again. It is all spelled out there what is and is not acceptable here. If you don't like the rules then you can opt not to post here, as you have until now. It's totally up to you.

I for one do not find rant threads "more interesting".
    Last edited by Kilroy; 01-05-2012 at 02:11 PM.

Maybe www.golfwrx.com would be better site for you lurk in.
    Just about anything goes there.

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    I think it's a great site and for the most part if the controversial stuff doesn't get removed then things tend to get out of hand especially online. It's Dan's site and he gives the Mods rules to live by, I think you need to take this site for what it is a great place to talk about golf.
    Agreed John. Personally, I like the site just as it is, although I too miss the feedback but I think we are all getting used to it now.

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Break68 View Post
    or http://www.torontogolfnuts.com/

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Back to feedback. I have been buying and selling off KIJIJI and Used ottawa and neither offer any kind of feedback system. You are simply warned to be careful.

http://help.kijiji.net/ca/knowledgebase.php?article=26

http://help.kijiji.net/ca/knowledgebase.php?category=7
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I will second that !!!!

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    Bobby: I'd venture a guess that it's because this site and its golf memberships have business arrangements with lots of local courses and golfers. This site isn’t only a forum. I think it's fair enough on Ottawagolf's part.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Break68 View Post

Or just visit riderfans.com/forum and say the Riders suck or the coach should be in the old folk home then see what the response you will get

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    Hey Bobby!!

Welcome to the forum!! I just wanted to thank you on behalf of all the other boring individuals, who actually enjoy this site, for taking the time and sharing with us your views on the site that you have been on "lurking for years". Do us all a favor and lock it up. The best thing about this forum is you aren't forced to participate, which I suggest you cease doing since you dislike it here so much. Which begs me to ask another question, why have you been lurking for years if you don't like the forum?

Feel free to send me a PM in response to my questions as I would hate to take up any more of this thread with useless &^%$ you have to say.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby5Wood View Post
    Yes, I have been lurking for years. What I'm bring to the site is an opinion to make the site more
    interesting, and to attrack more visitors and registrations. I find the site extremely sanitized,
    where anything, even the slightest bit controversial, get's blocked, or isn't permitted.

C'mon! If the service at ---- sucks, or the fairways at ---- are horrible, or some
    guys ripped me off buying clubs, then we should be able to get details.

Nowhere did I mention anything of the people in this site, only the content, which I find,
    for the most part, pretty boring. I'm sure others out there feel the exact same way....
    you go to OttawaGolf, and it's the same old stuff, with hardly anything new ever posted.
    I find the site setup is very good, the interface is nice, and it's always up, it's just the
    content. I like the site, but just think there'd be a lot more interesting threads, if
    the moderators would't be so tight about things.
    This may be a little "tame" for your tastes, that's your opinion. If I have to chose between a well moderated site (this one) and some of the trash that I've seen (and don't re-visit) on other sites I'll take this one every day. Most of the contributors here seem like the kind of people I'd like to meet and have a pop with, while on the other sites I've seen, I feel very uncomfortable knowing their the same species.
    "All I need to know about life, I learned from my dog".

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    John, I think someone who messes with you obviously hasn't seen you in person! LOL Hell I'd give you a club for free!!! hahahaa!
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Thread Information