100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
    9 Iron kwass is on a distinguished road
    Did anyone else have trouble with the net wings on their Technique. I was a little disappointed with how they looked and worked on mine. I didn't feel the elastic cord was adequate.

Shotmaker bubs3141 is on a distinguished road
    mine was not looking like what they had on their website. I made it work so it works fine for me though. I do not use the bags that you fill with something like stones or sand.

I played a round today and had 4 shots not register. It was not all wedge, one was a 7 iron. Not sure why it does not register some shots but overall am very happy

Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road
    if your technique is not looking like the technique on the website does it look like its predecessor "newport" on their website. that was the orignal portable sim they based it on.

I meant that my side nets did not look like theirs on the website. The simulator does look like the one on the website.

I see that Trugolf added a support part on their webpage that helps fix some of the issues that people are having with their sims. It almost seems as if they are reading this thread as the steps on their website follow what has been posted on this thread.

9 Iron cbear2 is on a distinguished road
    I noticed that too. If they are watching we should mention the spin adjustment a few more times LOL!!!

I agree. Was the consensus that it showed spin at half of what it should be?

I believe that was correct I need to go back and look who determined that and how.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    About 1/2 in my estimation.

thanks, hopefully they will add this in the software. cbear did you get an update, I checked mine yesterday and no update.

Every round I play has a few shots that don't register. It does get frustrating and I hope they can figure out why it does that but even with a few problems I am still very happy with my sim. I knew when I bought it that since it was a new model it would have some bugs to work out kinda like buying a new model car the first year it comes out. I have made a few minor modifications to mine which helped and Trugolf support has been very good about helping and seem interested to hear my feedback when I call. So even though there are a few things I would like to see improved I'm not complaining because I got just what I wanted. An easily portable sim that is extremely entertaining.

I agree, it is very fun and easy to setup. I would think with time, they will update the software and make it even better

I saw on flight scope's website there was a trajectory optimizer where you can input numbers from your simulated hit and compare it to what the flightscope says the ball did.

So I hit an 8 iron on my Trugolf and wrote some numbers down:

Carry: 121.1
    Launch Angle 15.7
    Ball Mph: 95.6
    Backspin: 5093
    Side Spin: 710
    Total Distance: 133.4

Then this is the numbers that the Trackman listed as a result of my entry:
    Carry: 121

I was interested to see that my simulator seems to be getting to within .1 degree on carry distance. So I am very happy with the results.

Has anyone come up with a way to make the screen tight so there is no waves in it?

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road

cbear2 and bubs3141 do either of you get a lot of bounce back from the balls after they impact the screen?

it depends, sometimes on the driver but most of the time they drop to the floor. I never get any bounce back with any kind of force though

kwass if possible can you post a picture of your screen and how you have the bungee attached. I will do the same to show you the wave I was talking about.

Yes bubs3141 I will but I have my sim set up at a different location so it will be a few days before I will be able to.

IMG_8241.jpgIMG_8244.jpgIMG_8243.jpgIMG_8242.jpgIMG_8240.jpgcan someone tell me how to post a picture?

Ok I posted some photos of my Trugolf Personal. As you can see in the shot of the screen it has a wave in it. The one photo shows the bungee cord and how I attached it to the bottom to hold the screen. The top of the screen is attached by velcro. Can anyone help with the wave in the screen?

bubs3141 I have the Prestige and on mine there are hooks built onto the frame in the bottom corners for the bungees to attach to. I was able to get my screen a little straighter than yours but not perfect.

bubs, Your screen looks very similar to mine I have not been able to get all the waves out of it. I think its just the price for having a portable unit that attaches by velcro. I did go by my local pro shop the other day and the have a HD golf sim and its screen was wavy as well. I dont think I want to tighten mine up to much with a driver the ball does rebound back to the hitting surface.

cbear2, A driver shot would rebound so much on mine that it would hit the golfer. It seemed to me that the screen and pad were laying against the back screen of the sim so it didn't have enough cushion. I put a sand bag on the two bottom corners then I tied a rope from each of the two top front outside corner's and attached them to each weighted bag then slid the bags away from the sim so it pulled the top of the frame forward. That made the screen hang free so it wasn't laying against the back that seemed to give it enough cushion to take a lot of the bounce back out. I was worried that it might affect the SimAcoustic's but it doesn't appear to have made a difference that I can tell

Interesting never thought of that. I might have to give that a try some of my shots wil bounce outside the netting from time to time.

clear try this fix for the dongle issue

Step 1 – Click the START Menu > DEVICES and PREINTER. Select “USB Dongle – Software Protection Device”.

Step 2 – If there is a Yellow Error indicator Icon Right Click and Select TROUBLESHOOT. If USB Dongle – Software Protection Device is not present or Troubleshoot didn’t work remove dongle.

Step 3 – Run Driver Installation by following the below instructions.

*Do not have dongle plugged in at this point*
    RIGHT CLICK on the E6Golf Icon and choose properties.
    Select “OPEN FILE LOCATION” or “FIND TARGET” this will take you to C:\Program Files\TruGolf\E6 Golf
    Double click on the DONGLEINSTALL.EXE
    Check the box next to USB Dongle > click OK > click BEGIN INSTALL.
    Insert the USB Dongle into any of the available USB slots. When the Found New Hardware Wizard Dialog window opens select “Install the software automatically (Recommended).” Click NEXT.
    Once Installation is complete click FINISH.

Thanks Bubs, Im going to try that when I get home tonight. They are definetly adding those troubleshooting instructions to their website.

Had my wife try that bubs and its working thanks for the tip. Thats nice that they added those troubleshooting links.

one only wonders if they are following this thread

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I am sure they are following this site as are most sim companies. If any sim company is smart they would follow this site closely.

Thread Information