CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Cool. Post some screen shots along with your review.

Shotmaker bubs3141 is on a distinguished road
    will do

Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bubs3141 View Post
    That optima if I found the right one it is a native xga 1024 x 768 with a max of 1600 x 1200.
    remember when the xga state they can display 1600 x 1200. what they are really saying is they can "accept that signal" but it still noly gets displayed in the native xga resolution. same for my optima gt750-e wxga native accepts up to latest 1080P 3D but displays it in 720p 3D.

if you want the 1600 x 1200 your projector needs to handle that "native mode" which is a little pricey.

an570
    Thanks to you all - and especially to Bubba and ZMax - for spending so much time to get their knowledge out like this, it is invaluable.

I have bought the Trugolf Signature sim. and receives it in a couple of weeks or so now. Are looking so much forward to this. When it comes to projector, it is shipped with the Optoma TW762 projector (they used to ship with a Sharp - but has changed to Optoma late last year). It is a native WXGA, meaning 16:10 ratio with 1280*800 res - and the screen will match this. The important point is also that it is a 4,000 ANSI Lumen - which is important when you need to use the golf lamp for the optics to work. To try to upgrade this (high ANSI) to a full HD projector would literally cost a fortune - and I do believe this resolution will be fine (even though my screen will be 13.7 ft wide * 8.5 ft tall.). I'll report when the system is up and running.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Congrats and enjoy. Report back when you get it.

Congrats an570. The overhead lamp itself is not bright enough to be a problem. And it's only one lamp. Since the Signature is not a full enclosure, the 4000 lumens will come in handy if the simulator is in a room with lots of windows or lights.

Ok finally got the sim today. It took awhile to set it up. Mainly me trying to hide the cables and get the net setup the way I wanted it to be. I have the e6 lite software and the courses look good. This is the software that shows it in static mode so there is no TV mode it is the view you have behind the ball. I will probably upgrade to full e6 in the near future. The play on the simulator is real good, and I do not find any errors in my hits. Granted I am a higher handicap so this will help me a lot. I have not completed my setup yet, so I do not have any pictures yet. Still working on cosmetic things. Also my simulator came with a BenQ short throw projector XGA

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    $2000 more to upgrade to the full E6 with all the courses or just 10-20 courses? If it's all the courses than it sounds like a good deal.

Are you getting the Technique or Technique Pro?
    I was told the $2000 cost to upgrade to the full e6 would include 21 courses. The standard 15 plus the 3 pebble beach and the 3 st. andrews. Do you think its worth the plunge?

No. Absolutely not.

Diddo!!

thanks guys, I think I will hold off. Funny thing when I was installing the software for the e6 lite dongle I noticed it listed Augusta National course. I wonder if this is a future release for the e6?

I have it in the E6 course folder as well. I think the dongle protects you from using Augusta.

maybe someday. I wonder if Augusta makes it hard for simulator people put this course out. Licensing issues maybe?

My review of the technique

I have been able to play on it a few times now and I was coming from the optishot. What a huge difference!!! I find this simulator to be very spot on for me. Granted I am not a low handicap or scratch golfer like some of you guys. So I am not able to draw and fade on demand. But my shots on the simulator seem to be exactly what I would do outside. I have the e6 lite version and the only thing I think I miss from the full e6 version is the ball camera. I only have the classic view which is behind the golfer as he swings so you see the ball go off in the distance. Oh that reminds me the e6 lite is a static view so the background stuff is stationary. So I miss that too as the full e6 is moving and flowing.

I may update to the full e6 in the future but right know the upgrade cost is $2000 for 21 courses. So this is not at the top of my list. I am happy with my graphics. I know Zmax is doing a review and he does not like it but I have the Benq projector which is 720p equivalent in a 4:3 screen. This is fine for me because I do not watch movies on my simulator because it is set up in my garage.

All in all I am very satisfied with my purchase. I know that this forum is not too fond of Trugolf but I have no complaints. I am sure that Protee and GGS are great simulators and they can be tweaked to all ends. But I am not interested in all that tweaking and setup. My system was a complete package in a box. There is something to be said about the convenience of a complete setup.

Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road
    @bubs3141 - very cool that it worked out well. tell you what i think trugolf has the best customer support across all sims. when i tested the owner wasn't familiar wtih setup since it was new and he just picked up the phone and tech support stepped him through realtime. no emails with 1-2 day responses etc. agree about the convenience. i didn't go because of accuracy and spin for my own expectations but for the general market these things should sell like hot cakes. if i were going to go wtih a simular setup like trugolf, gsa, or protee I learned that they are probably close in relative accuracy but the trugolf technique being sim in a box with an hour setup i would go wtih that versus the seperate components, camera setups, etc and headache.

good luck and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by bubs3141 View Post
    I am happy with my graphics. I know Zmax is doing a review and he does not like it but I have the Benq projector which is 720p equivalent in a 4:3 screen. This is fine for me because I do not watch movies on my simulator because it is set up in my garage.
    Your happiness is all that matters. I'm just reporting what I see. I have no stock in Red Chain. Like most people here, I want the best simulation software and the E6, IMO, is not it. That is why we are all waiting to see Red Chain's next gen software. If GPS golf is coming out with a new engine, I will look at that too.

Btw, how about some pics of your setup and maybe screen shots of the simulator in action?

I will get to it, Super Bowl on today

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    That must be why I couldn't find any golf on a few minutes ago =|;-)

9 Iron cbear2 is on a distinguished road
    Ok, I had to flop a shot over a bunker tonight so i used a 60 degree wedge and I managed to hit the light above the sensors. No big deal went down and got a new bulb and it didnt work. I cant get the light to work anymore. Has this been a problem for anyone else? I will call the tech support for Trugolf tomorrow but trying to get it working tonight I had a nice round going at Torrey Pines. Any ideas fellas?

Low voltage lighting? Check the transformer? Could the ball have damaged something else? Socket or connector? Is the new bulb good?

Back up and running the ball actually didnt hit the bulb and housing it hit the power supply for the light that sits above the enclosure. I just heard the ball hit something solid and the light went out so assumed it was the light. I never thought about that power supply I had above the enclosure because you cant see it with out getting on top of the sim. I knew it was impossible to get that ball up that quick to hit the light LOL!!!.

glad it is back up and running

I am trying to come up with something to hold my stance mat from moving. I have my stance mat sitting on top of outdoor green carpet. The bottom of the mat is a foam. I initially used carpet tape but it is not holding that well. Do you guys think gorilla glue would work? Or is there any other opinions. Cbear any luck on your not moving?

It still moves a little I used one of those rubber mesh things that go under a rug thats on tile and hardwood and it works ok but I keep an eye on it.

Any of you guys running e6 or Trugolf sim have problems with it not recognizing you should be putting? Twice in the last 4 or 5 rounds that ive played a few holes into the round I hit my shot onto the green place the ball behind all the sensors like I have for the past month but when I put the ball just pops straight up and the clubpath screen shows an iron instead of a putter. This is very frustrating because I have to start the round over to get it to recognize im putting. I will make a call to trugolf tomorrow.

Some of you low handicappers might be able to help me on this one. Im seeing a swing coach and im working very hard on trying to hit the ball from the inside and im starrting to see some really good progress on a real driving range and also on live rounds but on my simulator I swear im going after the ball from the inside just like in real life but it keeps showing up as a push on the simulator. It could very well be just me because im not that great of a golfer but I swear its the same swing. Then I can go back to my old swing wich is quite steep and over the top and the sim shows it with a much better club path and path towards my intended target which is fine but i bought the sim to get better at the real game. Do you guys think maybe it matters how far to one side or the other on the sensor mat you place the ball? Any else notice on their sim that steeper the swing the better results they have?

Quote Originally Posted by cbear2 View Post
    Some of you low handicappers might be able to help me on this one. Im seeing a swing coach and im working very hard on trying to hit the ball from the inside and im starrting to see some really good progress on a real driving range and also on live rounds but on my simulator I swear im going after the ball from the inside just like in real life but it keeps showing up as a push on the simulator. It could very well be just me because im not that great of a golfer but I swear its the same swing. Then I can go back to my old swing wich is quite steep and over the top and the sim shows it with a much better club path and path towards my intended target which is fine but i bought the sim to get better at the real game. Do you guys think maybe it matters how far to one side or the other on the sensor mat you place the ball? Any else notice on their sim that steeper the swing the better results they have?
    The ball should always be placed in the center of the designated spot. What club face and club path did it show when you get these pushes? It might be easier if you just take screen shots of the swing analysis screens. It could just be the E6 being too forgiving, making everything go straight, but we need to see if the sensors are reading your swing correctly.

I have never had any problems with my sim for putting. Are all of your other shots registering ok, is it just putting? You can do a sensor check with the program. There should be a program to check the accoustic which is the microphone and a programs for the sensors. It will show all the sensors and you can move your hand across and each one will change colors as you pass over them. It is worth a shot to make sure all of your sensors are working.

9 Iron kwass is on a distinguished road
    cbear2
    I noticed that you mentioned never receiving an owners manual. I purchased a Technique Prestige and it came with a nice binder with an E6 manual in color. It might not hurt to ask where yours is, I'm sure they'll send you one. Also have you ever had it where shots won't register? I had this problem frequently in the beginning so I took a scissors and trimmed the turf around all the sensor holes because the blades of turf were casting a shadow over some of the sensors. It doesn't do it as often but it still does it, usually after a horribly bad swing. When it does this I can place a ball and take a full shot 3-4 times and it won't register. Usually if i drop a ball and just take a slow chip shot it will then register so I give myself a mulligan and move on.

That doesn't sound all that great kwass. Have you been in contact with Trugolf about this?

9 Iron kwass is on a distinguished road
    Yes. They are sending out a new sensor board that use a vga cable instead of usb which (from what I understand) is how they used to be. They must be having some issues after the switch in wiring.

Good. Hopefully that resolves it because that is not acceptable.

Thread Information