CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
    Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    For a couple of hundreds dollars more they could have gone with a 1280X720P projector. My guess is that they wanted to keep those screens at 4:3 for those sizes.

I'm not sure about the E6's intended image ratio but GSA was designed to be 16:9. I mentioned in a different thread that running GSA in 4:3 will cut off the sides. Not sure if it would be the same with E6.

If the E6 was created for 16:9. I would hope that their Signature and Premium simulators uses 16:9 1080p projectors. I sent Trugolf a question concerning this. Will post when I get an answer.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    I emailed TruGolf today to ask if they're looking at adding any more camera views. I told them I'd consider buying the software, but ONLY if it had a true fly-with-the-ball cam (fly right from when the ball is hit. I love that view and don't want to play without it...I find it much more dramatic watching your shot all the way and wondering if it's on track for the bunker or if it will clear it. Of course, I tend to hit the bunker more than clear it.

Will let you guys know if I hear back...

rdh,

Check out this thread if you haven't seen it yet. Especially the posts by Cory. http://forum.OttawaGolf.com/showthre...nd-HW-Versions

I have not heard back from Trugolf yet, but I did some checking around at Fullswing golf. Fullswing golf states that their E6 has a maximum resolution of 1400X1050.

Bubba22, did you ever upgrade to a 1080p projector? Just wondering if you can check to see how high your E6 will go in terms of resolution. Can always hook up your computer to a 1080p HDTV/monitor.

Strange...1400x1050 is 4:3 ratio. I guess they never updated the core engine (from the Links days) to accommodate wide-screen layouts. That would work in my case at least...I run GSA Golf at 1400x1050.

If it's the same with all E6, it would explain why Trugolf uses 1024X768 4:3 projectors. I don't know of any projector that runs at 1400X1050 native.

Yeah, in your case it would be perfect.

Back when I was looking at projectors, I believe I found a couple that ran 1400x1050 native...but they were EXPENSIVE (and older models I believe). Then I realized that just running a 1400x1050 window on a 1920x1080 projection would produce the exact same thing (it's just black space surrounding it) so there was need to go for a 1400x1050 native projector.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    No haven't upgraded yet to 1080p, probably this year. What 1080p projector would you recommend Z for a 7 by 9 feet screen with 12 feet away for the projector?

Epson 8350. 5'X9' 1080p image from 12'.

Thanks Z. Will start saving as the next upgrade. Any other cheaper but good options or is that it?

That's about it for 12ft throw. If you have more room you can go cheaper.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    I have been impressed with the Optoma GT 750E- by the time you save they will have it up to 1080,,, and hopefully less than $750

Spoke with a Trugolf rep today. He also said that their E6 had a resolution of 1400X1050, for their Premium simulator. But when I ask about the projector, he knew it was an Optima but didn't know the model number or the specs.

9 Iron cbear2 is on a distinguished road
    After another week of using the Trugolf got a little more info on the sim. This sim has a raised hitting surface that butts up to the projector cover that projeccts from the floor and not the ceiling. This design I thought was quite good because its obviously much easier to set up than having to mount the projector on the roof. I also do not have to worrie about shadows from getting in the way of the projection, however I did find a flaw with this last night. I had 5 players playing last night and was not paying a whole lot of attention and after all the use of all those players the raised hitting surface pushed forward slightly on one side which made the projection cover do the same. The lens on the projector is a fisheye type shape and sticks out further than the bezel well when the projector cover moved slightly it pressed up against the lens on the projector and produced a fairly large scratch on the lense. Now when the projector projects onto the screen there is a large blur on the upper right hand side of the screen. This is not a major issue if you know to be aware of it but I probable just learned an expensive lesson to always be aware the platform does not move on you. Still like the the sim but just want to inform anyone that gets one to be aware of this. Also im not getting any response from the software guys on helping me add a spin rate adjustment. If they cant do it for me thats fine but I would just like to know for sure. In their defense I do know that they are at a pga trade show this week so maybe i will get an answer next week.

cbear, how are you finding the draw/hook and fade/slice with the sim? How did the friends find it or were they just too happy to be playing this time of the year!!!

You know I think its fairly close except for extreme miss hits. On the real course i will probable hit a few duck hooks meaning the ball will start on the right line for just a few yatds and then start turning almost 90 degree to the left. Ive been taking lessons at the Jim Mclean training facility here in Texas and they have some very high tech camera equipment and most of the time this shot for me is caused by by starting the down swing to steep and taking my hands out past the target line with a hooded club. This motion has been verfied using Mcleans super slow motion cameras but on the Trugolf this shot seems to show up as a massive pull with a draw almost opposite of the real shot meaning it starts way off line left then goes slightly more left. If I hit the shot fairly well the ball flight is pretty good probable within a 5 yard window. As far as slices or fades I cant make a ball go to the right if you had me at gun point LOL!!. The thing that this sim and probable all of them for that matter help me with is while im trying to shallow out my swing and come at the ball a little more from the inside as my instructor wants is the club data after the shot its very helpful to know what the club and your hands are doing.

Cbear, just open your club face extremely and swing outside in!!!!!!

It does require some experience with simulators and the understanding of how the technology works before one can really tell how accurate the system is.

cbear2, post some screen shots of the analysis windows with your explanation of what you thought you did and how it looked on the simulation.

Shotmaker bubs3141 is on a distinguished road
    I saw that Cory put up a nice review of the Trugolf on youtube. He also did tell me that he ordered one for his store, so when he gets it set up he can give a comprehensive test as he has on the other sims.

Cory is a great guy but don't forget that he's a reseller of these products.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    Spoke with a Trugolf rep today. He also said that their E6 had a resolution of 1400X1050, for their Premium simulator. But when I ask about the projector, he knew it was an Optima but didn't know the model number or the specs.
    I've been playing around with a trial version of the E6. Apparently, the E6 runs in full screen mode and will run at whatever resolution your display is set at. I had it running at 1920X1200. Will try it on the simulator screen at 1920X1080p next.

1400X1050(or 900) could have been the resolution of Trugolf's touch screen or monitor, so their E6 was just running at that resolution.

Trial version? Where did you get that? I asked TruGolf if they had one last year, and they said they didn't.

so it seems it would be dependent on your video card in the computer and your projector, correct? If you have a good video card and an HD projector you should be set

Quote Originally Posted by cbear2 View Post
    After another week of using the Trugolf got a little more info on the sim. This sim has a raised hitting surface that butts up to the projector cover that projeccts from the floor and not the ceiling. This design I thought was quite good because its obviously much easier to set up than having to mount the projector on the roof. I also do not have to worrie about shadows from getting in the way of the projection, however I did find a flaw with this last night. I had 5 players playing last night and was not paying a whole lot of attention and after all the use of all those players the raised hitting surface pushed forward slightly on one side which made the projection cover do the same. The lens on the projector is a fisheye type shape and sticks out further than the bezel well when the projector cover moved slightly it pressed up against the lens on the projector and produced a fairly large scratch on the lense. Now when the projector projects onto the screen there is a large blur on the upper right hand side of the screen. This is not a major issue if you know to be aware of it but I probable just learned an expensive lesson to always be aware the platform does not move on you. Still like the the sim but just want to inform anyone that gets one to be aware of this. Also im not getting any response from the software guys on helping me add a spin rate adjustment. If they cant do it for me thats fine but I would just like to know for sure. In their defense I do know that they are at a pga trade show this week so maybe i will get an answer next week.
    I think that I will use carpet tape to hold the stance mat then so I do not have this issue. Have you tried the carpet tape yet?

Quote Originally Posted by bubs3141 View Post
    so it seems it would be dependent on your video card in the computer and your projector, correct? If you have a good video card and an HD projector you should be set
    Correct. It will use whatever resolution your main display or displays(clone mode, monitor/projector) are set at.

Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road
    when i was looking at the technique in October they sent me the Optoma 610ST brochure and said that is what the were planning on launching with for the technique. The other thing for technique prestige that is advertised wtih a screen size of 110 diagonal they told me that is the screen not image size - they said the image size is 84" W x 62" H in 4:3 ratio. 720p resolution.

someone had a question on e6 full edition and e6 lite. their website has the functionality differences side by side but they also told me october that e6 lite graphics are not as highly rendered with possibly less resolution, rep said it looks a little more rough.

Bubs, I might need to get some of that carpet tape.

Does anyone now if you can change out the lense or do i have to replace the whole projector?

TheGolfer, Mine came with the optoma 610st but my screen size is 142 diagonal and the image is almost too big. There is no black border at all. It is 4:3 ratio with 720p. There was a retailer I cant remember which one that was selling the Prestige with the smaller screen for the full price I just figured it was a miss print but the Trugolf website says Prestige comes with 142 diagonal screen.

I will see if I can get some screen shots this week. I tell you whats awesome is my one year old has been watching me on this thing and now he walks out on the tee with his little golf club, checks his grip takes the club back pauses then down swings and yells boom, priceless.

My 9 yr old has been using the sims for the past 3 yrs. He has been playing competitive golf for 2 yrs now and loves it. No doubt these sims are great for the whole family. My 7 yr old is just getting into the sim this year.

That optima if I found the right one it is a native xga 1024 x 768 with a max of 1600 x 1200.

I finally found out mine will be delivered on this thursday. I will then be able to give a review of the e6 lite as the rest of the simulator will be the same as cbear.
    Last edited by bubs3141; 01-30-2012 at 07:56 PM.

Thread Information