CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Don't remember if it had side hill lie effects or not but side hill lies had nothing to do with this. Look at the the tee shot with the driver. The E6 is just plain forgiving.

9 Iron cbear2 is on a distinguished road
    Ive got an email into the head software guy for e6 and I am curious to hear what he has to say its been 4 days with no response but hopefully
    he can adjust the settings for me just like they were able to do for the Protee integration. I think if they can it would make the Trugolf a very attractive sim with its ease of setup, pricepoint, and increased accuracy from the software updates. Should have the sim setup on Thursday will let you know how I think it responds.

Shotmaker bubs3141 is on a distinguished road
    can't wait to hear you setup and play experience. It looks like yours will be here before mine.

I was given the differences between e6 lite and e6 should anyone be interested.

I wonder if the main difference between the E6 and E6 lite is just that lack of camera views?

Btw, have you guys received your techniques yet?

I did get mine its the prestige with the e6 (full version) I was told the images had movement in the full version but not in the lite. I think bubs is getting the lite he can verify that.

Cool. Have you had a chance to play with it yet?

Alright, I got the Trugolf up and and running over the weekend and have spent 4 or 5 hours on it which is enough to give it an honest review. The turnkey aspect is as advertised and it was very easy to setup. It took me and a couple of buddies 2 hours to get up and going and some of that time was spent on cosmetic things in the room. The quality of the frame, netting, mats, light, projector,etc... in my opinion seemed to be of very good quality and im pleased with. Mine came with a touch screen computer which was a nice touch that I wasnt expecting and makes it much easier to use while you play. Trugolf also offers a 24hour customer service line which is rare for anything these days which I am also impressed with just in case anything goes wrong.
    The hitting surface is a little firm but not bad just takes a little getting used to. I hope this doesnt make me start to hit shots thin in real life. The E6(full version) is very nice and user friendly the graphics are very good. We have talked in this thread about the forgiveness of this software already and I would say its a little forgiving but not terrible so. My game on the simm was very close to my real game how close its hard to say for sure but I did feel the representation of the shots I hit would be within a 5 to 10 yard window. I know for some that would not be exceptable but I think its pretty reasonable simulation of one of my golf shots. At first I thought the yardage was off quite a bit but as I got more used to hitting in doors in such a tight area my distances started to match my real game as well as my swing speeds.
    My biggest complaint is the putting I will be honest I dont like it at all. I will continue to work at it but it seems very hard to aim and get a feel for the distances. This could just be because its my first sim and im not used to it but I just dont see it.If anyone has any tips for sim golf putting they would be much appreciated. Im going to see if can just set it up on an auto 2 putt so it doesnt keep ruining my rounds. All in all I will give the sim a solid B+ its been alot of fun and do think that it will help my real game tee to green but not so much on the short game.

Thanks for the review. No sim is perfect. You'll have trade offs with every sim. Most sims take days, weeks, and even months to build and setup. Yours took 2 hours. It should be a fun simulator. If they could add side spin adjustments, it would be more accurate.

Putting is done with the ball behind the sensor mat, correct? When I played on the Trugolf, I didn't like the putting either. I mentioned it in my review along with the short game issues.

Can you tell me what resolution the E6 and the projector are running at? I'm guessing 1024X768.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Thanks for the review cbear2. You will enjoy the sim. I agree with ZMax in that they should have a sidespin adjustment. How was the bunker play and chip shots?

Ive been putting with the ball in front of one row of sensors but behind the other so the ball is crossing only one row. Im going to watch the dvd tonight and see if there is a specific way to putt. I just assumed it would be from the same place you tee the ball up.
    Zmax, I agree with your review I can tell the break ok but it is really hard to tell the slope of the greens. Im not sure on the resolution I will try and find out for you.
    Bubba, The short game is fine except I cant tell how severe of a slope im pitching the ball onto. You dont have to tell it the degree of the club or anything just grab a wedge a hit it. I tried blading a few and some flops and it picked them both up very good. Sometimes if your in some deep rough or trees its hard to tell if its a shot you can play but I think thats with any simulation of a game.
    I am going to call Trugolf again and push for an update with more sidespin or an adjustment I dont see why thats not possible.

cbear2, it's definitely possible for them to add an adjustable side spin factor. If enough people ask for it, they'll do it.

When putting, the ball speed and path is measured by the sensor mat only. So, the ball needs to be behind all the sensor rows. It makes putting a little awkward and not as accurate as Protee or GGS but I'm sure you'll get used to it.

maybe thats why it has been so hard to figure it out. I will try it tonight from behind all the sensors. Thanks

Here's a good video that shows putting on the Trugolf. The ball is placed behind all the sensors like I mentioned. Skip to near the end to see the putting.

Yes, I ordered the e6 lite, with mine. I have not yet received it, it is supposed to be shipped from Trugolf on the 25th, so should get it soon after that. I was not able to find anyone who used the e6lite so I am not sure how it is yet. I did inquire on how much it would cost for the full e6 package and was told it would cost $2000 so I guess that is not bad, right?

$2000 more to upgrade to the full E6 with all the courses or just 10-20 courses? If it's all the courses than it sounds like a good deal.

Are you getting the Technique or Technique Pro?

technique personal, $6995. I am not sure exactly how many courses. I plan on giving the e6 lite a try and if I do not like it than I will inquire further.

cbear, seeing as you don't need to select the club what happens if you are on the tee and hit a wedge? What spin rates do you get? If you are hitting from say 150 yards to the hole and you tee up and hit a driver, what spin rates and distance do you get? Just wondering how they determine the spin without selecting the club?? As well if you blade a wedge, what spin and distances do you get?

I cant believe ive never notived that guy putting from there because ive watched that video plenty of times thanks for the heads up on that one.

Bubba, I havent tried those exact scenarios but yesterday I was 166 out and grabbed a 3 wood just to see and the shot flew the green about 60yds which is a club I normally hit about 230 from the fairway. Im guessing the triangulation of the sonar sensors tells the software the angle of launch and combines that with the club speed and path data to create the shot. I will try some of those shots tonight and get the spin data for you. Im curious to see what you think of the data. I dont know how it calculates a 3 wood you get under and pop up versus one you catch thin and blade.

As well the 3 wood club speed should be higher and thus the greater distance. It has to be basing the distance and spin on the launch angle and club speed. Just wondering how accurate the spin would be. The other thing to try is hitting the driver off the deck to see the speed, spin and distance.

Zmax, I owe you one I went home and putted from behind all the sensors and it was much much better. I would have never tried that. I cant believe they did not include a operartion manual for this sim. Thanks again it will be much more enjoyable.

Bubba, Here is some data from tonight sorry i had to keep it short because my one year old was heading off to bed but I will do some more testing tomorrow. I hit a three wood off the teebox then gathered the data then hit mulligan on the software and hit a nine iron from the same tee box as the previous threewood.

3 wood 9 iron
    Distance-------------256.3 Distance----------------143.7
    Launch Angle-------15.1 Launch Angle-----------27.3
    Backspin------------3256 Backspin----------------7574
    Clubspeed----------97.6 Clubspeed--------------86.8
    Carry---------------238.6 Carry--------------------143.10
    Sidespin------------122rpm fade Sidespin-----------------246rpm draw
    Clubface------------.3 closed Clubface------------------4.2closed
    Club path-----------1.6 out to in Club path----------------2.2 out to in
    Ball flight-----------.5 to the left Ball Flight----------------3.1 to the left

Tthe distances are almost exactly what they would be in my real game.

Zmax, You are right on the resoulution 1024x768 is what im running.

Thanks cbear. Looks good. I wonder what your spin rate would be with any club hit at 15 degrees launch? I suspect they match the backspin to the launch angle. I suspect if you hit any club at 15 degrees you will get a backspin around 3000.

Thanks cbear2. I will say that Truegolf uses the same resolution on all of their Sims. Which brings up a lot of other questions... Hmmmm......

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    Thanks cbear2. I will say that Truegolf uses the same resolution on all of their Sims. Which brings up a lot of other questions... Hmmmm......
    Such as ...........???

Well, the Premium simulator that I played on last year used a 1024X768 projector. I'm wondering if that is still the case. It seems odd that they would handicap their E6 with such a low resolution projector. Just wondering if the Signature and Premium now uses an HD projector.

A 1024X768 projector is fine on a small Technique screen but won't look as good on a 12-14' screen.

Good points as usual ZMax.

Im not sure about the premium models but the technique models are designed to be some what portable. One of the major reasons I chose this sim is because I only had about 16 ft of depth and most of the other sims I was told need at least 20 ft. of depth. I measured from screen to tee on my sim is 9 foot 9 inches and probable 8 foot from projector to screenthats pretty close from what I understand. The image from that distance is actually pretty good. Im no wiz on projectors but I bet a hd projector that would work from that close a distance would be pretty pricey and mess up their price point. Just a guess as I know almost nothing about projectors.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    My whole setup fit within about 15' of depth...until I upgraded to an HD projector. My old projector was a short-throw, but the HD projector is not...so I had to move it back about 6 feet to get the image size to fill my screen. I had all the wiring up in the ceiling to come through at the spot the old projector was in, so that sucked...it doesn't look quite as clean with cables running back along the ceiling.

Thread Information