100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    Sand Wedge destivalgolf is on a distinguished road
    just played a round w/ another guy and didn't have too many problems. we did run into the ball not doing anything a few times when I swung, but he didn't have it happen to him at all.

i think it very well could be hitting down on the ball and possibly your club hitting right onto that front row of sensors.

the adjustments to the ball spin and sidespin helped as well. seemed a lot more realistic.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bubs3141 View Post
    I think that is the issue. I had heard from Cory that there is going to be a 1.5 update which may fix this issue. Trugolf has not released any info on the update yet as it is in beta testing. I mean I could be wrong but it makes sense.
    No I agree with you bubs!

Shotmaker bubs3141 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by destivalgolf View Post
    just played a round w/ another guy and didn't have too many problems. we did run into the ball not doing anything a few times when I swung, but he didn't have it happen to him at all.

i think it very well could be hitting down on the ball and possibly your club hitting right onto that front row of sensors.

the adjustments to the ball spin and sidespin helped as well. seemed a lot more realistic.
    what was the spin adjustments you went with, out of curiosity?

i think it was 135 for sidespin and 60 for backspin.....i also changed something at the top of the file from 75 to 105. it changed the launch angle i believe...i was messing around w/ it and the higher i put it the higher the ball went and i dont think it had anything to do w/ spin.

the numbers still aren't perfect as I know what my launch monitor numbers are w/ a GC2 at least, but they are closer than before.

that is what I had them at. This is as close as you are going to get to a gc2. But its still pretty accurate. How is your ball flight?

my ball flight irl is pretty low which is now what i'm getting on the simulator....prior it was going pretty high

side spin was set to 175

did 175 make it more real for you?

yeah, it started doing more hooks and slices....before if you hit it left it would start left but just stay straight...same w/ going right....now it goes left and hooks a little further left and goes right and slices a bit further right.....also you can shape shots a little easier.

i'm not going to be able to put it on that setting for our league play as they have enough problems already hitting fairways with the sidespin basically off, but for better players its a lot more realistic

sounds good. I agree 135 and 80 is probably the best setting for all around players. 175 is for better players.

Do you think it's possible to change the turf on the sensor pad to a different type that would accept a real tee? Plus it would make it softer to hit and easier on the wrists

Good question for Trugolf. I am sure Cory may also have an answer!

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    TruGolf does not currently have any alternate turf options and if you change out the top you may void the warranty. However, I will bring this up when I see them at the show next week

PS: You may want to try a low profile tee holder like this one:
    http://www.par2pro.com/shop/product_...roducts_id=172

you can put a real tee inside?

thanks, nice picture by the way

bubs what tee holder are you currently using?

NP Happy to help

those 1.5 inch rubber tee. Its just not the right height for my driver. May have to trim one down and then use a real tee.

*sighs* we are still having all sorts of problems w/ our simulator and can't get anyone from trugolf to call us back to try to help out. the main problem is the program gets stuck into every shot going basically straight left or right on the screen even though your ball could hit anywhere and then says your club face angle is 40-60* open/closed....we are using the 75w flood lights that are exactly like they sent us....very frustrated right now and would have a hard time recommending this to anyone

9 Iron kwass is on a distinguished road
    destivalgolf it is odd that you cannot contact them...I had a small issue the other day so I called Trugolf's 800 number, asked for tech support and only had to wait maybe three minutes on hold before they answered and helped me. I'm sure you have heard all the tips to try already but I'll repeat anyway... have you checked your mics in simacoustic?...and did you check them in low medium and high gain separately?.. did you check your sensors in simoptical?...when I have had glitches before it helped to power everything down and unplug the mics and serial port and power supply to the sensor board and hook everything back up again... something tech support might ask you to check is your measurements from sensors to screen so you might want to make sure that the frame and hitting mats are all in the correct position...I have a Technique Prestige which I use in a commercial setting so I have seen a lot of different swing styles played on it but I can't say as I have ever had a problem as persistent as what you describe....hopefully Trugolf will call you back and do a remote session, It sounds like that is what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by destivalgolf View Post
    *sighs* we are still having all sorts of problems w/ our simulator and can't get anyone from trugolf to call us back to try to help out. the main problem is the program gets stuck into every shot going basically straight left or right on the screen even though your ball could hit anywhere and then says your club face angle is 40-60* open/closed....we are using the 75w flood lights that are exactly like they sent us....very frustrated right now and would have a hard time recommending this to anyone

I have had this same issue lately. I was wondering if I was hitting it fat and maybe causing an error with the sensor board. I am glad I am not the only one. Thought it was my bad swing. So I hit mulligan.

thanks guys....yeah we use ours in a commercial setting to and i give lessons on it. almost every group that plays on it runs into some problem that ends up resulting in a 10-15min wait to get the thing running again.

i've tried all the things you mentioned kwass and actually have the mics turned off and as that was messing a lot of stuff up for us. i could check the distance to the screen as maybe that has changed. we had it working fine prior to new years, but we took it down for a wedding and it hasn't worked right since.

Hey Destival,

I asked TruGolf about this at the show and if you can email me your contact information, I will make sure someone there contacts you to get this resolved.

Cheers,
    Cory

pm to you cory....i think tomorrow i'm going to basically take it down and set it up again to make sure everything is even set up right. i wasn't involved in the last time it got set up so who knows...there's nothing that i have noticed thats any different though.

it worked ok friday and saturday after i put carpet underneath the sensors so maybe that had something to do with it.

Glad to hear the carpet helped, let us know how you make out!

9 Iron kwass is on a distinguished road
    Hey all
    Has anyone been playing with the spin numbers. What has been the most accurate setting? Backspin 60 sidespin 175 ??
    Also destivalgolf you mentioned changing something on the top of the file from 75 to 105? do you remember what that was?

adultsonlee1
    Has anyone got the issues with the shots not registering solved yet? We are having issues with out Technique machine not doing anything when the ball hits the screen.

Which system is this? Are you using the stock screen? Do you have the microphones in the proper position? Do you have the overhead light setup properly Have you tried the testing options in C:\Program Files\TruGolf\E6 Golf\Tracking? Are both the optical and acoustic sensors reading properly?

If you have tried all of that, I would suggest contacting TruGolf tech support - they should be able to remote in and fix that for you.

Hope that helps,
    Cory

adultsonlee1
    Hi Cory,

I have the Technique Prestige machine. The microphones on the sides are located in the sleeves and even with the microphone on the top. We are using the stock screen. We've had them do remote sessions and it will work for a short while then the shots don't register again. Both sensors are working but the shots are not registering again. I have an appt. call this morning.

Thread Information