100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
    Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kwass View Post
    I was told that E6 on TruGolof recognizes the club you are using by reading the clubs width as it passes over the sensors then it uses the spin calculation associated with that club and it adjusts the microphones between low medium and high gain to take the sonic reading needed for the club it thinks you used.
    Not sure how the sensors can read the clubs width? The length I can see. Perhaps one of you can ask Trugolf if the 80% spin is from the spin generation from club data or how E6 simulates the use of the spin data.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    might read the number on the bottom!!

9 Iron kwass is on a distinguished road
    What I meant by width was the distance on the club head from heel to toe. Sorry I should have stated that better.

Ok that makes more sense. I wonder how it would handle the blades vs game improvement irons etc? I can see the woods vs irons for sure.

Ya I wondered that myself. I have had it before where someone used an iron but came over the sensors in such a way that it thought it was a wood so when the club info page came up it showed a picture of a wood instead of an iron. It's not perfect but it does seem to register very close. I like that I don't have to tell it what club I'm using. If I don't go OB or get in the water I can play 18 holes and never have to touch the computer

Not selecting club is nice for simulation and game play. I ageee TrueGolf selection is probably not perfect but when I play at our club if seems good enough.

9 Iron cbear2 is on a distinguished road
    Kwass, Does your simulator show an iron sometimes on the info screen? Mine always shows the driver except when im putting it shows the putter. I havent noticed the info on iron shots off or anything it just always shows the driver after a shot.

Yes mine will show all 3, a driver an iron and a putter. It usually reads the club correctly but sometimes it will display the wrong club. A hooded or extremely open iron sometimes seems to read like a wood

cbear the one at our club shows both the driver and irons when I use it.

Shotmaker bubs3141 is on a distinguished road
    I agree with kwass, on the different clubs. Once in a great while mine will show a wood when it is an iron. I am still waiting on the new software and the light fixture. Are you guys having any issues lately?

Other than a few shots not register, which is usually a wedge under 100yds which I'm hoping the new bulb will fix it has been working great. BTW I asked Eric about the auto continue for the club info screen not working occasionally and he told me there will be an update in about 3 weeks that will take care of it

9 Iron cbear2 is on a distinguished road
    Thats strange mine has never done that. It seems to read the shot ok I guess I need to check on that also. My sim has been working fine lately it just will only load the software in the wrong resolution so the image on the screen is to small. Im sure the tech support can help i just havent had the time lately to mess with it. My auto continue wont work sometimes also must be a common issue.

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    Kwass, when I get the chance to check out your system (hopefully this Sunday, if we can swing it) we'll find out how it registers game improvement irons. I play Cleveland HiBores.

A nice feature to add to E6 on the TruGolf sims would be another mode of play where you could tell it what club you are going to play and have the spin calculations tightened up and adjusted to each club you use for more accuracy. And maybe even the option to have player profiles with your set of clubs entered into the profile.

Oh and while they are at it, it would be nice if they could get it to rain donuts I'm a bit hungry

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Hey All,

Hope everyone is gearing up for the 2012 golf season (we are still buried in snow but anxiously awaiting)...

We have been testing (and are continuing to test) the Technique system - both stock and modified - and thought you all may like a video of our direct testing with the GC2 so here you go: http://youtu.be/j-vdtRnjqyY

We are still testing, but hope to have a review before the end of March

Take care and happy golfing!
    Cory

thanks, Cory

"pretty similar readings"

Can anyone with more experience than me comment it they think they were pretty similar readings

and look at the difference in the spin readings...... . . .

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Similar my asss. The first swing was not too bad but the numbers were not close IMO. On the second swing, the results were way off. Notice the side spin of -723 and the total shot deviation of 40+ yards to the right on the Trugolf. Carry numbers weren't even close. 262 vs. 281.

Cory is a reseller for both, so keep that in mind.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    Would have been nice to see the test against a Trackman. Would like to see all the simulators tested against a Trackman.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    So...the GC2 is considered the gold standard for accuracy, right? I don't just mean its readings (I do trust those are very accurate) but the translation of flight in their version of red chain's software...right? The thing that I'm confused on is the ball speed of 157MPH producing a shot that carries 281 yards. My typical drive has a ball speed in the 155-162MPH range, and in TOTAL they only go 260-275 yards in GSA Golf when that speed is fed in (although my launch angle is a bit higher). Recently I've cracked the 170MPH range (getting the odd shot in the 171MPH-173MPH ball speed range...about once per session) but even those only go (on the flat driving range) 285 yards or so in total. Assuming my device is reading the ball speeds correctly, I'm not sure if the GSA Golf algorythm is accurate for the shot distance or GC2's...but they're clearly different.

Also, the shot numbers don't add up...281 yards carry plus 10 yards roll = 304 yards? Are those numbers missing the "bounce" distance or something?

Assuming the GC2 accuracy is about the best around, I would LOVE to be able to do what cory did and set one up while hitting shots on my Pro 7 to compare distances, etc. I could then tweak my interface to get my device to perform very similarly to the GC2. That would be SWEET...

The numbers are definitely off I agree. The spin is the most striking difference. The horizontal difference is also off. Perhaps Cory's modified screen is a factor? I agree with you rdh about the numbers not adding up. A bit confusing!

so what are we saying, that I made a mistake and bought a simulator that is not even close to accurate?

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    My comments were all directed at the GC2 and primarily the shot data on the second shot. Given that ball speed, etc., I'm more inclined to think TruGolf's distance is the better of the two. Maybe I'm completely off base here, but I can achieve a 158MPH ball speed without much difficulty, but I don't hit the ball 300 yards. 280 is a very solid drive for me.

If we say that the GC2 is the most accurate out there than Trugolf needs some serious help.

These are the stats on the second shot.

GC2 ------------------------------- Trugolf
    157.1 mph ---Ball Speed----------165.8 mph
    V 14.8--------Launch---------------16.2
    H -1.8
    153----------Side Spin ------------ -723
    2194--------Back Spin------------4884
    281----------Carry ---------------262.5
    10-----------Roll ---------------- 6.5
    304---------Distance------------269

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    Checking out the Flightscopes Optimizer
    http://www.flightscope.com/index.php...optimizer.html
    They are both a 'little' optimistic about distances. GC2 with 5% and the ThruGolf with 8%

No Bubs not really. Not sure the truth, but like most things in life, "the truth lies somewhere in between". You do agree that the numbers are different. Perhaps more shots than just the 2 will allow for the numbers to be closer. What are your thoughts Bubs?

The numbers like the horizontal direction are not great. GC2 says left 1.8 and Trugolf says right 3.5 I wonder if Cory's screen modification is a factor affecting the results?

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    I have been trying to do research on ball speed to club speed and distance to set up my sim. From what I have read they say the max you should get out of a ball is 1.5 x club speed = ball speed if you hit it on the screws 100 percent. So a 110 mph swing speed may get a 165 ball speed but to swing that fast is hard and to hit the sweet spot dead on is harder at that speed. If your system reads club speed and simulates ball speed then with out penalties for a miss hit you may get those ball speeds. Most times 1.4 is more accurate with most golfers so to generate a 165 mph ball speed you may need to be closer to 120 mph swing.

Does this sound accurate?

Also working on the wind settings and getting info on what a 20mph wind does into it and with it on average.

Thread Information