CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    The Visualgolf9 is actually only $23,000 without the enclosure. Perhaps it really is a Hyundai....
    Well what a steal!
    Or you could buy a Protee + a Hyundai and still have some cash left in the pocket.
    Now I must say I do not know anything about the Visualgolf9 and it might be worth the money.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    The cam based sims that don't measure spin (visual sports, Foregolf, Segruil etc) estimate spin and spin tilt by measuring the swing path and estimating the club face angle from the ball direction.

Trugolf uses the ball/club speed and launch angle to estimate the spin. To be more accurate with estimation you need to know or guesse which club is being used as the spin produced by 2 different clubs will be different given similar face/path angles. For example given the same path/face numbers, the spin will be different for a driver vs 4 iron vs wedge etc due to the spin loft. Knowing and selecting the exact club used is the most accurate way.

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    I thought trugolf had sensors that measure club face/path?

Anyways, that's good to know. I didn't know that all camera only based sims actually measured swing path. I knew that some did, but I guess that's better than just guess on ball direction. Seems like if the path is somewhat accurate, then the club face/path ratio should be fairly close if they assume ball path = club face. We know this isn't terribly accurate (shanks, 15/85 ratio, extreme toe/heel hits) but it definitely is better than nothing.

Trugolf does use sensors like ProTee or GSA. There is mo club selection with Trugolf however. They estimate the spin loft based on the smash factor and launch angle.

Not all cam based systems estimate spin. The About golf, HD Golf Golftron all have high speed cams that measure spin and axis tilt directly

Yeah, that makes sense.

There are camera sims out there that do not measure any club data aren't there? Those sims have to be very inaccurate unless they do measure spin/axis.

The ones that measure spin include the AboutGolf, HD golf, Golftron. They also measure club path and face angle. The other sims like Foregolf, Visualgolf, Segruil estimate the spin.

So is it safe to say that Foregolf, Visgolf, Segruil all measure club path? Do some of these measure club face too?

Yes they measure club path. Clubface is estimated with these using the ball path. From there they estimate spin.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    The Visual9 does not measure club path. There are no cameras overhead above the golfer. Which means it has no way of estimating spin axis correctly.

The Foregolf/Surgil on the other hand, does measure club path. Face angle is estimated from ball path.

I stand corrected by ZMax. He is right!

Shotmaker bubs3141 is on a distinguished road
    Also my overhead bulb assembly had to be upgraded to a 75W as apparently the 50W that it came with is not bright enough for the sensors. Just an FYI

Can you guys recommend an updated graphics card for me? I was told either a nvidia gts 450 or a nvidia gtx 460. What do you guys think. This would be for the full e6 software package. Thanks

I have the GTX460. Its overkill for the E6 and Red Chain. Better than the GTS450 and can be had for cheap. But you'll need a good power supply of at least 650w with 2 PCIexpress power connectors or an adapter.

They said the GTS 450 would work for most of the courses on the e6 except that on some flyovers it would stutter. Right now I have a 300 watt power supply so would that work with the GTS 450?

It might but you'll be pushing it. IMO, you would be better off getting the GTX460, which is not that much more in price and upgrade the power supply while you're at it.

Btw, are you upgrading to the full 80+ course E6? And how much was the upgrade if you don't mind me asking?

I bought the GTX460 and a 750 watt power supply. I did not get the all 80 courses. I went with the 15 course. I think. I called them and said I wanted to upgrade to the full e6.

Out of interest, what is the upgrade cost?

Are you changing out the screen also?

2400 is high . Can't get it any cheaper?

that was the best I could get from the company I bought my sim from. do you have a better person?

I would bargain with them to get it a bit cheaper.

that was the price that Trugolf gave. What do you think is a good price? Now is the e6 you have for your pro tee the exact same interface as the Trugolf? Did you get all the courses?

The E6 for ProTee uses the ProTee interface. I would expect the upgrade price to be no more than 1200

9 Iron kwass is on a distinguished road
    bubs3141, Were you having a specific problem that you needed a higher watt bulb?.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    The E6 for ProTee uses the ProTee interface. I would expect the upgrade price to be no more than 1200
    I like the way you think. Unfortunately they do not think the same.

Putter NateTM is on a distinguished road

Thank you to Zmax, bubba22, rdh and others for their contributions. I've literally spent the last 5 hours doing research reading through your posts on various golf simulation products...its been helpful. I finally decided to just register and pose a question.

I haven't spent too much time reading this specific thread but I got here when I search accusports vector with trugolf technique. My question is has anyone seen the difference when combining these two together? I remember reading about "too much forgiveness" from trugolf's E6 sensors and software as well as questions about accuracy. Does the vector pro or vector x fix these complaints?

Also theGolfer had posted in another thread about how he went with the GC2 and that got me researching launch monitors after hours of researching sims and now I'm not quite sure what exactly I want. Somehow I thought that maybe the combination of Trugolf and Vector would give me the accuracy for improvement along with the fun factor as a bonus. But then again the value I found in the GC2 and Flightscope coupled with some course software and the portability seemed like a great choice too.

I guess what I want the most is something that is going primarily reduce my handicap, secondly something to eliminate 90% of my range fees (if thats even smart?), and lastly have a fun factor like playing a round of golf at home.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by NateTM View Post
    I guess what I want the most is something that is going primarily reduce my handicap, secondly something to eliminate 90% of my range fees (if thats even smart?), and lastly have a fun factor like playing a round of golf at home.

Thoughts?
    Can you be a little more specific? Are you looking for an indoor simulator or a launch monitor that can be used as a simulator that you can also take outside? Do you want to accommodate both left and right handers? Do you care about having a lot of courses to choose from?

Nobody here has the Technique/Vector Pro combo. IMO, this combo is not practical for course play.

The "too much forgiveness" comments were strictly in reference to the E6 software itself.

Read the Flightscope threads. It requires a lot of space indoors.

Putter markblu is on a distinguished road
    I'm at a similar point in my research NateTM. The flightscope X2 requires a minimum of 21 feet indoors 13-14 feet from tee to screen and 8-12 feet behind for unit placement. The other downside is no putting although I had a conversation with Trugolf yesterday and they claim it will be possible to use another sensor for putting "soon". From what I have been told the Flightscope X2 provides much more data on the club than "base" GC2. One thing I can say is the people at Flightscope and Trugolf have been very responsive and helpful.

On paper, the Accusport Newport looks like the best of both worlds, unless you want your room to double as a home theater. There seems to be a large premium for the portability factor over the other Trugolf units.

Also, big thanks to everyone here that has provided answers and info.

Putter NateTM is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by NateTM View Post

Thoughts?
    I feel like that is specific...i dont care if its a launch monitor or a sim..its whatever best accomplishes the above. I mean it would be awesome to have the technique and be able to play golf at home but if i cant get shots really close to what happens out on the course..which i was hoping the vector would change then id rather have a launch monitor like the X2 with sim software or the HMT GC2 with sim software for at home practice.

What i dont understand how the E6 software could be too forgiving with an accusport vector X or pro integrated. If it gets its spin data from the vector it shouldnt matter about the software unless it changes the spin data received.
    Last edited by NateTM; 03-04-2012 at 12:53 PM.

Thread Information