CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    Shotmaker bubs3141 is on a distinguished road

Trugolf Technique

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help and suggestions. I have settled on the Trugolf Technique. I was leaning towards the pro tee but I did not want the frustration of having to setup all the cameras and such. I have read everyone's views on Trugolf, but overall that is what I thought would be best for me. I will post a review after it has arrived. I have not seen too many reviews on this company on the board. Thought it may interest people in my category of a higher handicap, but still really accurate and a low cost point with no setup issues.

Thanks again to Bubba and Z-max without you this thread would not be that helpful.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    No probs bubs. I think the Truegolf is a good sim. I have tested it at our club and it responds very reasonable. Good luck with it and keep us posted. You will be the lead person to give information on this sim so try to report back the good and the bad with it so we can all learn from you.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Which Technique did you go with? The Prestige with E6?

Good luck and we look forward to your review.

went with the personal with the E6-lite. I wanted to start out here with my budget. I can upgrade later , but after speaking with the dealer the lite version should be fine for now. I will post a full update after I get it up and running.

1 Iron FaultyClubs is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bubs3141 View Post
    ... I have settled on the Trugolf Technique. ....<snip>....but still really accurate...
    How did you decide it was "really accurate". I checked their website and it seems completely vacuous to me.

At their core, these simulators are just club and ball measurement devices. And for any measurement device we need to know range, resolution and accuracy for each measurement. If they won't, or can't, provide that info then it is just marketing babble.

I went with what reviews I could find by Bubba and other users who have tried it out

Pity there are no objective tests. Users need to start demanding more transparency and objectivity from manufacturers. Otherwise the simulator market will never grow up. In time, these things should be accountable to objective, measurable standards.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    FaultyClubs, all we have to go on is the experience of other users on the web since we have little "objective" data. It all depends on what kind of accuracy you are looking for i.e., in mm, inches, yards, degrees etc. I find my simulator for the most part, provides the accuracy I require.

I tend to agree with psace. There will not be any "gold standard" objective testing. For the most part it will be how the users feel the sim responds to different shot patterns, high, low, hook, fade etc as well as how well the distances (carry is what I look for mostly), club and ball speeds seem represented. The amount of roll, speed on the grees, bunker and rough play is mostly software generated for the simulation. All in all, I think the Trugolf is a reasonable sim, but no better than the Protee or GSA.

Bubba22 and I both have reviews of the Trugolf sonic triangulation systems on the forum. Mine was not as favorable as bubba22's.

IMO, the Trugolf Technique is a compromise between accuracy and ease of setup. None of the Trugolf systems will be as accurate as the Protee 2.0 or GGS PX5, but they will be more accurate than a lot of other systems such as Full Swing golf, Par T golf, Holiday golf, etc...

Your right on that ZMax.

9 Iron cbear2 is on a distinguished road
    Congrats bubs! I too just pulled the trigger on the Technique. Im expecting to recieve it by early next week and look forward to giving it a good testing.

The portable package and ease of setup was very appealling to me when i was making my decision. I also was dealing with some space requirement issues and shorter distance between tee and screen worked much better for my setup. Also every where I researched seemed to really be impressed with their customer support ( im not real tech savy). I was very worried about the accuracy but after talking to a club fitter at a local golf shop who had tested one and the positive review by bubba a few weeks ago i decided to make the leap.

Bubba, you dont seem quite as high on the accuracy of Trugolf in this thread as in the other thread i was hopeing it would be in the same ballpark as the Protee. I was expecting similar results to both the GSA and Protee but just running E6 software that from what i gathered was a little more forgiving then the others.

I would also like to thank everyone for sharing their knowledge on this forum it was a lot of fun doing the research and learning as much as i can about the sim market.

What I meant is that the TruGolf is no more accurate than the Protee or GSA. I found it as accurate and fun to play but do think that the E6 is quite forgiving. The GSA and Protee have the ability to really tweak the spin, distances, speed etc so one can use things like limited flight balls etc. The Truegolf is a good unit and probably in the same ballpark.

That is a really nice feature to be able to do some tweeking. Maybe in some later versions e6 will be able to add some adjustments. Thanks again for the input.

Congrats to you too cbear2. In my review and other posts scattered throughout this forum, I mentioned that the club face and path readings did not appear to be as accurate as I would have liked. Also, the short game and putting will not be as good as Protee or GGS due to the way the sonic sensors work.

That is not to say that the Technique will not be fun or completely inaccurate like the other systems I previously mentioned.

Faulty clubs do you have this simulator and not like it? I would be interested in hearing your reasons for not liking this simulator.

Cbear, I know I will like this simulator and I hope you will also. I am coming from the Optishot so I know this one will be much better in terms of accuracy than that was. I realize it will not be as accurate as say about golf with its cameras but it is what I could afford with the setup I wanted.

Bubs and Cbear, you will both be very happy with the Trugolf, especially coming from the Optishot. Its all about expectations in the sim industry. The Technique will serve you very well. Do review and show some pics after you get it.

thanks Bubba, I will

Bubs, Im sure we will both enjoy our sims. Im expecting it to be what it is, not a 60,000. dollar about golf sim but an upgrade over an entry level system. I think what was said earlier was correct it all depends on your level of expectations. I normally shoot mid eighties on a real course so im not the most accurate golfer. Im hoping the Trugolf wil be within a few yards of the real thing so I can improve on my biggest problem on the real course which is hitting fairways. I guess the biggest test of accuracy will be my score on the sim. If I hit 90% of the fairways on the sim but on 40% on the real course than the simulation process wont be as accurate as I had hoped. In the end its all about having fun and am looking forward to playing some sim golf and having a few cold ones with some good friends and family.

7 Iron Deverx is on a distinguished road
    It's to bad ZMax or bubba22 don't live where I am at. I live like 1 mile from Trugolf and 8 to 10 miles from Holiday golf. I'm just not technically savvy enough to play them and review them. About 90% of the stuff you guys talk about just flies right over my head. I need easy plug and play like the optishot, and would also consider the Trugolf or ADX if I had the money because they sound like an easy set up. Good luck with the new sims.

Wow Deverx. Can you go test these units? You are so close to them.

I've tried asking Martin at GGS to let me test and review the ADX, but no response so far. I don't get it...

I'll say it again, Martin would be smart to have you test the ADX or any other GSA system at that matter.

7 Iron Deverx is on a distinguished road
    If I get a chance I will try to do it. It's hard to get there during business hours.

Quote Originally Posted by bubs3141 View Post
    Faulty clubs do you have this simulator and not like it? I would be interested in hearing your reasons for not liking this simulator.
    Didn't say I didn't like it. Did question how you convinced yourself it was "really accurate" given the website is completely devoid of any performance specifications and the user reviews are somewhat mixed.

This lack of objective measurable information is an industry wide condition and deplorable IMO but not limited to Trugolf. It doesn't mean the systems are bad but it does mean "buyer beware" until results are proven through extensive user experience. In that regard your review will be very useful so please do write it up once you've had enough time on the system to know it's good and bad points.

Zmax: That ADX looks very interesting! Everything but spin is measured in one nice package. And presumably one could add an SX at some point for spin. Keep trying! Does it actually exist?

The ADX is a mystery. I am not sure we have 1 useer on this forum with that sim. It is similair to RDH's pro7 from Golftek. I would like to hear some reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyClubs View Post

Zmax: That ADX looks very interesting! Everything but spin is measured in one nice package. And presumably one could add an SX at some point for spin. Keep trying! Does it actually exist?
    I don't know for sure but I think the new ADX is basically a PX2 with the VX attached. I believe it used to be a whole different animal when it was selling for $6k when it first became available. Back then it was a dual technology sensor. It could be set to work as IR reflective(DD/P3pro) or shadow based(PX2). I've never seen an ADX OEM board.

The current ADX price of $4K makes me think that I might be right. The VX is on hold and it appears that Martin is trying to add ball spin to the VX. No mention of spin axis.

I've asked him a few times if I could test his products such as the ADX.

Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road
    If you are interested in Technique TruGolf see the link below. I started it when I was doing my research comparing a variety of sims including trugolf trutrack which is used in Technique. As you can see from the thread title foresight GC2 was not on my radar screen. AFter testing was very disspointed on shapping shots, not all shots registered, and some shots like chips that didn't register the software defaulted to club to get the LA from the loft. Evenutally landed on Foresight GC2 for its accuracy and real spin measurements.

http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...l-measurements

good luck.

Its unfortunate that you had a bad experience theGolfer. Perhaps the unit you had was not well setup or in fact defective. As we know it can also happen with units like the GC2. I do think bubs and cbear will be happy with the Trugolf technique. My private club has a Flightscope (Fitting) and a Technique (simulation) setup. The setup is quite nice. I have tested it and in fact we placed the Flightscope with the Technique and the results were no where what you found theGolfer. All the members that have used the sim have been impressed. Expectations is everything. I am sure you will be happy. Obviously once you own it, then you can really "TEST" it and let us know your thoughts.

Thread Information