CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Wedge gambit is on a distinguished road

Taylor Made Iron

Hi, A little about myself, i've started golfing about 2 months and i can hit pretty well but not consistent. I have not taken any lesson. I was self taught by watching golfswing video clip that i download from the internet. I can hit a 9 iron about 135-140 7/10, furthest 150 and a 3 iron about 215-220 7/10 with a no name brand regular flex steel. Anyways, I have made up my mind that i want a set of Taylor Made iron and i need to know which one i should look for, it can be an older model or newer. The newer one look very attractive, so i don't mind with the combination of looks and performance, so if you know of any it would be great. Another thing i forgot to mention that i've used a Taylor Made iron 200 series R80 shaft steel and i hit that pretty well go 10 yards farther than my cheap iron, but besides the TM 200, do you know of any other good TM one for beginner? Lastly is forged iron more for mid to advance player?

5 Iron mmills820105 is on a distinguished road
    You sound just like me, in terms of the distance you hit it. I recently bought some new irons, and it was a tough choice between Cobra SS-i and Taylormade RAC OS. I have to say, the Taylormade felt a little better than the Cobra's, but the difference in price was enough for me to sacrifice that little bit of feel for the Cobra's.

If you're bent on Taylormade, I'd recommend the RAC OS, although they are a little pricey. You can get the 2003 model RAC OS, which is not a whole lot different than the 2005 model, for cheaper. Very forgiving and feel great. Definitely good for beginners.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Golf Town has the RAC's on sale right now. I'm not sure what the exact price was but I know it was low enough for me to stop and take a look and I'm cheap so it must have been a decent sale!!!
    Denny
    Last edited by dbleber; 01-11-2005 at 07:04 AM. Reason: early morning post

Putter jimbowally is on a distinguished road
    It sounds like the RAC OS or even the HT (if your willing to spend more money) would fit great for you. I have the RAC LTs and they fit perfect for my game considering I have about a 9 handicap. You could find some really cheap Ebay, especially the OS.

Thread Information