CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar

Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club

Yesterday I played my third game in three days at the Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club in Gulf Shores, Alabama. The courses (there are 27 holes) are in excellent shape. While the Bermuda rough is beginning to go dormant, which is not a problem, the greens and fairways are firm and fast. The fairway and green-side traps are perfect. The greens are the fastest that I am likely to play all year. My guess is that they are at least 12 on the stimp. You really have to place your ball on the right part of the green. Otherwise, you'll be whimpering a lot. For the fourth day in a row, the temperature will be in the 70s. The long range forecast is for continuing excellent weather.

I was going to post a picture for your viewing, but I can't get one uploaded.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    Yesterday I played my third game in three days at the Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club in Gulf Shores, Alabama. The courses (there are 27 holes) are in excellent shape. While the Bermuda rough is beginning to go dormant, which is not a problem, the greens and fairways are firm and fast. The fairway and green-side traps are perfect. The greens are the fastest that I am likely to play all year. My guess is that they are at least 12 on the stimp. You really have to place your ball on the right part of the green. Otherwise, you'll be whimpering a lot. For the fourth day in a row, the temperature will be in the 70s. The long range forecast is for continuing excellent weather.

I was going to post a picture for your viewing, but I can't get one uploaded
    Sure , rub it in why don't ya Mike ....
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Not rubbing it in, Will. I'm just trying to sustain you during the cold, dark days of winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    Sure , rub it in why don't ya Mike ....
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Thread Information