100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road

SwingTIP golf Analyzer- Anybody try one or know about them?

Their website is here- www.swingtip.com

I like that it's easier to align with the "hole" guide.
    You don't need to select individual clubs, just general irons or woods for it to work.
    Has sweet spot detection on club face.
    Has shaft lean detection.

It doesn't look like it says carry distance or total carry thou?

Any info?

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    The reviews I've read are generally favorable. One point noted is, a real ball must be hit in order to give you an accurate reading.
    http://www.thehackersparadise.com/fo...Review-Preview
    http://www.amazon.com/SwingTIP-Wirel...ews/B009GDKXZ4

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    think I mentioned in the swingbyte thread that the lack of input of club info/angles/shaft length does not give me confidence the speed measures etc are accurate. At least they set targetline.

Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    At least they set targetline.
    How is this different from the other ones? Isn't it exactly the same; you just hold the club still before you swing and it creates the Target Line from a perpendicular angle from your club face angle?
    Meaning which ever way your club face is aiming before you swing, that is the direction you intent on hitting.(Target Line)

You would think so but no. The targetline is determined by the position of the unit. Golf tip provide a mechanism to align it. Swingbyte is hard to get square. They intend to tweak software so your theory is correct but it is a long time coming. A few degrees makes a big difference.

According to the 3BaysGSA Analyzer it says "Face angle we show; is face angle at impact relative to face angle at address"
    For instance it says if your club face is Open At Address and then Square at Impact, it will read as a Closed club face.
    So it's reading target line from Club Face at address.

Am I reading this right or am I looking at it wrong?
    How should it work properly and most efficiently for golfers in your honest opinion?
    Thanks!!!!!!

It would be best of they had a sensor you could put a few metres out for targetline., and all measures relative to that.

Failing that the unit has to be affixed to have clubface at 0 degrees and tell you to square clubface at address..

So pretty much these devices are incomplete in a way (an important way) unless they implement your feature or just something equivalent...
    I totally understand what your talking about now!

Did any of these Device companies like SwingByte announce that they are addressing this issue? Any updates in the works for any of them that you or anyone else knows of?

Thanks!!!

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    CPA are you suggesting that they develop a separate sensor that communicates with the swingbyte to allow for the correct target line?

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    My boss gave me a Swingbyte in the summer. Only used it a couple of times as I have a hard time seeing the value of the data and because it does not sit secure enough on the shaft.
    While I am not convinced the hardware is accurate enough it should be a simple thing to have a push button on the unit.
    You can then manual push when club face is 90 degrees to target line. After that you can open and close the club face as you want and swing the club.
    If it knew the target line you could at least get swing path and some idea of club face position.

Not sure how in the world SwingTip came up with a clam of knowing the club face impact position? The reviewers that tried tape on the club face are also not impressed.

Yes swingbyte are addressing the issue. Yes bubba that would be my suggestion. No button on the unit but a software button to reset targetline. They are taking far too long for software change so there must be issues.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    So you attach the unit to the club and then have a second device that sits ahead of you and thet sets what target you are aiming at?

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    So you attach the unit to the club and then have a second device that sits ahead of you and thet sets what target you are aiming at?
    That's my suggestion, eliminates human error of trying to square club and press button. Foolproof.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    That would require you measure the distance exactly, input club length and lie angle exactly because the device is at the grip not the club face and you will have to move the device every time you aim for a new target?
    And you better get a hole lot of then as you would have to replace them every time you hit a worm burner
    Not exactly the definition of foolproof to me!

The problem they have is there are no trigger to tell the software when you are aiming at your target.
    Maybe a audible to the phone could send a signal to the device. Not sure if they could do that?
    You would think they have thought about that after 5-6 months trying?

If the sensor was behind the ball and could verify position it would work good.

syhlif32 you would think that wouldn't you? lol

Thread Information