100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    Cory can you ship international?....... is it released ready to ship? .................Have you seen the final product?................. a review?
    Foresight Sports now has a multitude of "Exclusive Distributors" in almost every country, so I am basically limited to North America for their products (but other products I ship internationally ).

It is now released and ready to ship.

I haven't seen the new version other than the video I posted along with a remote session that I did with the developer. I am hoping to test out the software next week and have a review for posting by the following week (time permitting of course).

Cheers,
    Cory

7 Iron MICHO54321 is on a distinguished road
    Thats great Cory, would be good to see a gameplay video on a large screen.

Par Kball is on a distinguished road
    Cory,

I was just out on your web-site as a result of this thread and I saw something that indicates all GC2s are now iPhone / iPad compatible. Do you know if this applies to older versions of the GC2? Mine is about 2 years old and I remember someone posting that it cost about $500 to make an older model work with an iPhone / iPad.

Another question - my battery life is terrible - barely 1 hour - any options to fix / improve?

Thanks

Par Kball is on a distinguished road
    What are the current firmware and software versions? Looks like the latest firmware is 2.1.9.7 - I can't tell on the software. Did the latest software bring any specific improvements?

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    https://www.yousendit.com/download/TEhWTXRld0FFc0t2eE1UQw

this is the latest- I found no problems with bluetooth connection

dont know if that link still works

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Hey Kball,

The new units are now coming equipped with the iPhone/iPad hardware - for your older syste, you will have to send it in and pay the upgrade fee ($500).

They decided to change all of their new units to include both OS compatibility to make things more simple - but they also raised the base price.

As for the battery life, contact Matt at Foresight (mgargula@foresightsports.com) who can help you out with that. I have been trained to be able to do the replacements, but I would suggest talking to him first to explain your usage, etc.

Cheers,
    Cory

Cory have you received the new custom courses yet........review......

I haven't received the shipment yet. It also has my HMT.

I hope to have it soon and as soon as I get it and test it out I will post a review.

Happy Thanksgiving!
    Cory

The latest update I got was that they are still waiting for the CG3 software to come in, so it may be another couple of weeks before I see it and the HMT

Andegoulding
    Quote Originally Posted by Par2Pro View Post
    Foresight Sports now has a multitude of "Exclusive Distributors" in almost every country, so I am basically limited to North America for their products (but other products I ship internationally ).
    So your hands are completely tied on shipping out GC2's then? That's a pity as they are way out of my price range in the UK. The british arm of Foresight really take the pi$$ when it comes to profiteering

Sorry Andegoulding, I would love to help you out, but I am a man of my word - they asked me to respect their exclusive distributors and I will

If I can help you with anything else, please let me know.

Happy Golfing!
    Cory

Andegoulding
    Looks like I won't be joining the legions of GC2 owners anytime soon then. Ah well, thanks anyway Cory. Will have to pin my hopes on the LX coming good. If that turns out to be a lemon then I guess it's only a matter of time before the japs push out a GC2 beater at a fraction of the cost. Better blow the dust off the Optishot in the meantime

Andegoulding
    Can anyone shed any light on what software is running in this GC2 clip please? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skd8S6MFX3E

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Red Chain! Must be with the HMT. Once again, I am a little skeptical about the full accuracy of the HMT numbers (club data) vs the ball data.

Andegoulding
    The Red Chain sure looks on the big screen. Looks a lot more lush than I have seen to date.

One wonders why he laid up. Tee to green (have to fade it or go over trees) is 240 metres.

Andegoulding
    Hey, I have to lay up on a par 3

Hey All,

I finally got my HMT and new CG3 software! I blocked off a couple of hours on Friday and was really only able to begin the testing phase.

First off, we spent most of the time on the HMT.
    Once we realized that we had to do things in a certain order, it was smooth, but there was no note in the instructions on a couple of important parts. Here is the setup for those who have a GC2 and are adding the HMT:
    1. Setup the GC2 and HMT together.
    2. REGISTER your HMT (and GC2 if you haven't already) on the Foresight website
    3. Download & install the latest software and firmware from the Foresight website
    **BE sure to click on the HMT USERS CLICK HERE near the bottom of the page. There is a separate software and firmware download that is pertinent!
    4. Tape your clubs properly (we had some of the dots too close to the sweet spot and it did not read it - we also had a really dirty club which should have been cleaned better)

OK, so we barely scratched the surface testing it, but check out the first video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9LhL...KiDtafT94KL5_Q

We went through the CG3 software very quickly (and I played on it the day before), but haven't tested it as much as we would have liked. That being said there is more testing to come, but here are our initial thoughts:

1. GRAPHICS - Awesome! We both felt like the graphics were a lot more realistic. It was more like everything was custom designed throughout (instead of say 1 tree built and duplicated 100 times). The fairways had different textures, colors, etc. instead of being perfectly the same. And things like the water was just stunning. Al felt that it was close to the graphics of Tiger Woods back a few years ago, and I just really felt really more into the game.

2. STATISTICS - Here's the first kicker - it doesn't show you the ball spin However, it does show you the launch angle, speed, direction, etc. and has a club fitting feature - ONLY on the range though. So this means that their Performance Software (Red Chain) is still better suited for those looking to improve their game.

3. COURSES - Here's the second kicker - while the courses are beautiful and I can only assume how realistic the positioning of everything is, the course selection is mainly overseas. So if you are looking to play on Pebble Beach or even Whistler, then you have to look at the Performance (Red Chain) Software.

4. GAMES - WOW - was this ever a blast! We played the minigolf, break the glass, island targets, fairytale golf course and just found it incredibly entertaining. They also have a closest to the pin competition (strangely named Chipping Challenge) and a long drive competition (call Distance Challenge). We both felt like these games will get almost all golfers practicing more and be awesome for the kids.

5. OTHER:
    - the processing time was really good
    - the ball flight starts off at the bottom of the screen (whereas in the Performance Software it continues on from the screen)
    - the camera views were very basic and the follow the ball camera view was very different than Red Chain or TruGolf.
    - probably other stuff that I can't think of now because it is time for sleep LOL

We are planning on doing more testing on Tuesday and will try to post more info and videos as soon as possible.

For anyone wanting more info on the GC2, HMT, CG3 or anything else sim related, feel free to contact me at cory@par2pro.com.

Happy Golfing,
    Cory

Thanks Cory when I get the time will look at the numbers on the video. Looks good but for the sake of an addon still think it is price prohibitive.
    Still waiting for $150 Swingbyte to do the job when they fix the targetline issue..

Putty about spin not showing on the new courses. That alone will stop my purchase. Suggest you email FSS and tell them to display it. Or does that mean the new courses do not use the spin numbers to calculate flight and ball behaviour on the green?

Hey CPA,

I am pretty sure that the spin data is used (as the accuracy is there).

I have asked FSS if they are going to add the spin measurement, but at this time they want to keep the new software an 'entertainment package' - basically meaning you have to buy both packages to get full analysis and games.

I am going to test it with my tablet to see if I can get the spin on there while playing on the **# software. May be a good workaround

Sand Wedge padre1161 is on a distinguished road
    I'm confused about the CG3 software. It is a Red Chain product? I thought the new Red Chain engine wasn't close to being ready.

CG3 is not Red Chain.

it is a compilation of a couple of different companies/developers, but has nothing to do with Red Chain.

Good idea with the tablet Cory. May be even better if you can use the tablet and turn shot data off- minimum in normal FSS is 2 sec and for hole in 1 comp shot data is unnecessary. May make playing courses more realistic. How was putting?

Afterthought, can the GC2 connect to more than one Bluetooth device at once?

I am a little confused with the data on your video Cory. It doesn't seem to add up and follow the new ball flight laws. the ball is starting left of target (0.50) even though it looked like it hit right of target. point of contact on the club should start it even more right. Is the alignment off? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9LhL...KiDtafT94KL5_Q

Hey Bubba,

I didn't align the unit to the screen in that video so it may be off. We were more intersted in getting the thing working I am also taking the video from behind and to the right so the visual where the ball hit the screen will look off as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    Good idea with the tablet Cory. May be even better if you can use the tablet and turn shot data off- minimum in normal FSS is 2 sec and for hole in 1 comp shot data is unnecessary. May make playing courses more realistic. How was putting?
    Putting was the same as the performance software - it is good as far as putting on a simulator goes

The ball direction still doesn't follow the ball flight laws in accordance to the face angle and club path.

Hey Bubba,

Isn't that the same as the other video?

I think that you contacted Foresight and they gave you an explanation, but you didn't agree with their ball flight theory - am I correct?

I tried several times to contact Foresight with no luck. They did not contact me. The new ball flight laws, the ball direction should be between the club face angle and the club path, with the club face angle more important for that ball direction. With an open face and a in out swing, that ball should start to the right of target.

Thread Information