CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Andisblue
    I doubt it will, but hope I'm wrong

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    At this time, there is no indication that it will be integrated with any simulator. That being said Full Swing's S1 system (formerly ForeGolf) released a teaser at the PGA Show that they are working on something like that software.

We can always hope other companies will follow

Lob Wedge longbal30 is on a distinguished road
    Question, I bought one of these units used, but it didnt come with software, do I have to purchase software from them, software was like $2100. Seems pricey for a unit that will work as is without software.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Short answer. Yes and Yes . If you don't want a sim just buy the Android app (I think it is on it-tunes as well) for $20 and you will get the data displayed on screen and graphic representation of shot shape , angles and elevation.

If you want simulation, then yes. If you just want the data, use the on-screen data or the andriod app as CPA said

7 Iron MICHO54321 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    Short answer. Yes and Yes . If you don't want a sim just buy the Android app (I think it is on it-tunes as well) for $20 and you will get the data displayed on screen and graphic representation of shot shape , angles and elevation.
    If you go for the iTunes app you will need the gc2 to be compatible, if its an older model you will need to send it to them and pay 500.00 usd for the board change.

If it is a new OR old model GC2, you would still need to pay the $500 for the upgrade to be apple compatible.

However, if you have the new GC2a model (which costs $500 more than the GC2 model), then you don't need the upgrade as you already have it LOL

For reference, check out page 2 of the catalog:
    http://www.par2pro.com/ForesightSpor...rtsCatalog.pdf

Hope that helps,
    Cory

I just can't understand why a company would charge so much money ($2100) for a software package. That seems very unreasonable.

You mean a rebranded redchain software package! As far as I know there is very little difference. All foresight do is add their advertising , security measures and clubfitting/gap module. It has been commented on in this forum. They get away with it as Flightscope and Trackman use E6 which has that price attached , although Martin sells E6 at a discount with systems.

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    We're a niche market and programmers DO have to eat. If we can convince all our friends to buy simulators, we can drive the price down =|;0-)

I understand people have to eat, but seriously, $2100 for some software that is used with a $6000 unit. Not only that, but I hear that the software won't even work on more than one computer. So if I Have a friend (and I do) who also has a unit, I can't even copy their software. That's just cruddy. It kind of defeats the whole purpose of looking for one of these used, which is how some of us others who have to eat, can afford them.

The issue is that it is just redchain software. From memory $1K for 85 courses with gsa or protee max from memory. Rebranded from Foresight it is thousands more.($6?). And the rebranding takes no time. ie. it is a pure and simple rippoff.

Don't advocate copying someone else's though , need to pay the original software writer to eat.

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    CPA, true if it's simply re-branding. I suspect, as the prices it's offered from GSA & Protee indicate, the margin has been recouped many times over.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    The price for the software is too high I fully agree. The software is no different than any Red Chain outfit but jacked up pricing in comparison.

Hey All,

I am in sunny San Diego right now and met with Foresight yesterday (and Full Swing tomorrow).

A few highlights from my visit with Foresight:

1. They just moved offices, so anyone visiting should get the current address and know that they still have their sign on the old address, but not at the new one LOL

2. The HMT is still being tested and worked on - unfotunately I wasn't able to test it myself, but did see the outdoor testing with a white-head driver - very cool but hard to tell the accuracy at this point. From what I can gather from what they said about the testing, they use an independent company to verify results for unbiased accuracy

3. I have brought up the software pricing in relation to the other Red Chain prices and they are going to discuss this further.

4. The 3D Creative (Golf Blaster) software will only be available in international markets (no Canada or USA) as the software supplier has chosen to only support those markets.

5. I have requested that they look at E6 integration as well as other software developers such as GolfGraffix.

6. Current lead time is about 3 weeks now as they are stil very busy, but the manufacturing facility is catching up.

7. They are continually working on making the product better like longer battery life, new padding, etc. While I was there, their installer showed me his newly engineered panels that can be mounted on the walls with minmal modifications so that you can protect your walls and be able to move the system very easily. Very cool!

8. Overall the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Everyone really has the customer's best interest in mind. It was a great visit and I am proud to be one of thier distributors.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to email me at cory@par2pro.com. I will be on the road for the next week and a half, so responses may be delayed a bit. Hopefully I can post my Full Swing visit in the next couple of days

Cheers,
    Cory

Cory, can you negotiate a cheap software upgrade for those of who were ripped off the first time!

At the moment I don't need wall protection as much as soundproofing. Complaints from higher powers about golf until midnight!

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Cory, can you negotiate a cheap software upgrade for those of who were ripped off the first time!

At the moment I don't need wall protection as much as soundproofing. Complaints from higher powers about golf until midnight!
    Too funny CPA!!!!!

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    Get some earplugs then you will not hear the complaints!

LOL syh!

OK, don't shoot the messenger but here is the latest on the 3D Creative software:

Part1: New courses are currently in a beta test period in Austria – theyare saying that it will be tested for at least 3 months, but if it requireswork, it may be longer. They are not releasing anything until the testing iscomplete and they have confidence in the software.

Part2: The new courses are currently slated to ONLY bereleased overseas – they have said that at this time the new courses will NOTbe available in North America. When I askedwhy, they said that it was a management decision and basically said that thesoftware manufacturer would not support it in North America. I am wondering if it may be a licensing issue, but whoknows, it may be available by the time they are done testing it.

PS: On another note, the Online Play has been pulled fromthe current version and is estimated to be available again in about a year (oronce it has been ironed out).

Hopefully it will out get worked out sooner than later.

Cheers,
    Cory

Andisblue
    Any idea on price? Wondering if they will try to gouge , considering they can.

Preliminary pricing is:
    Basic Set (Training, Competitions & 5 Courses) - $2000
    Extended Set Upgrade (15 Courses) - $2000
    1 Course Add-on - $140
    10 Course Add-on - $1000

This is PRELIMINARY pricing only. By the time that it is available, the pricing may all change.

Andisblue
    Quote Originally Posted by Par2Pro View Post
    Preliminary pricing is:
    Basic Set (Training, Competitions & 5 Courses) - $2000
    Extended Set Upgrade (15 Courses) - $2000
    1 Course Add-on - $140
    10 Course Add-on - $1000

This is PRELIMINARY pricing only. By the time that it is available, the pricing may all change.
    Ha! Thanks. So theyre marketing this as an alternative for foresight's software, it seems.

Not necessarily an alternative, but a way to add more courses and features to their product line. The Creative software doesn't seem to have any duplicates that their main software has.

Andisblue
    The wealthy man would gladly pick up both. For those like myself, where getting the gc2 was a pretty big stretch of the budget, it's one or the other.

How were the graphics up close? Anything stand out over the foresight ? I thought I saw some birds flying. Framerate seemed smooth.

It would end up being a personal preference of which courses you want to play on along with the features and which graphics look better to you.

I emailed Matt at Foresight for help with the sim room setup as I could not find how to change it. As it turns out my software did not have the sim setup tool- this is located in the windows start menu under foresight sports.

He gave me a link to a new version of the software- 3.something which has included the missing setup tool.

Also a handy fix was Bluetooth. Previously Foresight just crashed after connecting to the GC2 by bluetooth, I used the cable. Now no problems. No cables at all to the GC2 and can be moved at will with no cable - bring on the lefties. Even thinking of using a real tee off the Truestrile range mat rather than rubber off the gel mat.

Software now shows a bit more info- after the ball has come to rest the numbers displayed on screen are total distance AND carry (as well as distance to hole), the carry being an addition. The shot data screen is then displayed and hopefully now there is an option to set it at 0 so it does not display. Think this would be good for young kids and hole in 1 comps.
    Also as the ball flies a progressive distance is displayed top left an annoying feature that I think is turned off by turning off minimap- but will try to find how to turn off seperately.

Edit I think it may have been available all the time and software upgrade turned it on. Turn off in screen settings.
    And there is no 0 for shot data. Anyone know how to turn it off?
    Last edited by CPA; 09-08-2012 at 02:36 AM.

Hey All,

Something brand new is now available at Foresight Sports...

Creative Golf 3D is now available internationally (yes, that means in North America as well).

A few notes:
    1. The software has changed since the prototype came out (the video I took at the show) - some of the course graphics have changed a bit and others drastically. Check out the flyover of one of the new courses: http://youtu.be/t5UPVL4qF10?hd=1.

2. You CAN use JUST this software and the GC2 - you don't have to buy the performance simulation software.

3. I am just getting the Software and Packages loaded on to the storefront:
    Package with GC2: http://www.par2pro.com/shop/product_...roducts_id=244
    Software Options (coming soon): http://www.par2pro.com/shop/advanced...page=1&sort=3a

I have ordered the Basic Package and hope to be testing it out next week (along with the HMT). I will post more info / reviews as soon as possible.

Happy Golfing!
    Cory

Cory can you please tell them that course needs some water! Looks like Sheep Hills Golf Club (Australia) mid summer with 42C degree heat.

Anyone going to be the bunny and buy so you can tell us if it is better than Foresight Redchain?

Cory can you ship international?....... is it released ready to ship? .................Have you seen the final product?................. a review?

Cory can you please tell them that course needs some water! Looks like Sheep Hills Golf Club (Australia) mid summer with 42C degree heat.

Anyone going to be the bunny and buy so you can tell us if it is better than Foresight Redchain?
    Yes, I have ordered the Basic Package and will be the bunny for this as well

Thread Information