100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Par Kball is on a distinguished road

GC2 Launch monitor Foresightsports

Ok - some additional information. TheGolfer and I have been communicating as I have been struggling with carry distances and suspect that my unit is having an issue. My GC2 was originally about 1.5" below the surface of my mat and so I have moved it to level and about 2 inches above and would say that my results are inclusive to yes it does increase the carry yardage (will need to do more testing). The approach does not make sense to me because if the GC2 is level with the mat and I put the ball on a tee for a driver then I have the same issue as if the GC2 is below the mat and the ball is on the ground.

Regarding my Trackman experience. I was at a location that is recognized as one of the top fitters in the country and does fittings for top ranked amateurs and some pros. Having said that I really have no way to determine whether the unit was configured properly other than trusting in their expertise. All shots were hit with both units on and capturing data at the same time. My carry yardages were less with the Trackman than what I experience on the course, but it was 25 degrees outside and the trackman is actually tracking the flight of the ball (range balls) as it finally estimates a carry distance. The point being that wind and weather will effect Trackman data where it will not GC2. I had a terrible time getting the GC2 aligned with the Trackman target - with the Trackman the unit has a camera that is used to align the unit. So in my case they have a large pole in the distance and when calibrating the Trackman showed me it was aligned with that pole. My GC2 left to right has been good except with very short clubs - which is very strange. Meaning - 25 to 30 yards offline from 110 yards - not something I do very often on the course. Now - one possible cause could be alignment. Meaning on the course maybe I am subconsciously aiming right of my target and hitting slight pulls with some hook spin and thus ending up closer to the flag where in my basement I have everything mapped out to help me keep my alignment square. Yes - I know I am reaching - I am trying not to blame it on the unit. As I previously indicated the 2 definitive answers I got from the test were ball speed (very very close) and launch angle - consistently 3 degrees high on GC2.

I have been working too many hours lately and have not had time to conduct more testing - hopefully will get some in this weekend. I ultimately may not be able to solve this problem until I can get outside and laser some yardages.

Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Kball View Post
    Ok - some additional information. TheGolfer and I have been communicating as I have been struggling with carry distances and suspect that my unit is having an issue. My GC2 was originally about 1.5" below the surface of my mat and so I have moved it to level and about 2 inches above and would say that my results are inclusive to yes it does increase the carry yardage (will need to do more testing). The approach does not make sense to me because if the GC2 is level with the mat and I put the ball on a tee for a driver then I have the same issue as if the GC2 is below the mat and the ball is on the ground.

Regarding my Trackman experience. I was at a location that is recognized as one of the top fitters in the country and does fittings for top ranked amateurs and some pros. Having said that I really have no way to determine whether the unit was configured properly other than trusting in their expertise. All shots were hit with both units on and capturing data at the same time. My carry yardages were less with the Trackman than what I experience on the course, but it was 25 degrees outside and the trackman is actually tracking the flight of the ball (range balls) as it finally estimates a carry distance. The point being that wind and weather will effect Trackman data where it will not GC2. I had a terrible time getting the GC2 aligned with the Trackman target - with the Trackman the unit has a camera that is used to align the unit. So in my case they have a large pole in the distance and when calibrating the Trackman showed me it was aligned with that pole. My GC2 left to right has been good except with very short clubs - which is very strange. Meaning - 25 to 30 yards offline from 110 yards - not something I do very often on the course. Now - one possible cause could be alignment. Meaning on the course maybe I am subconsciously aiming right of my target and hitting slight pulls with some hook spin and thus ending up closer to the flag where in my basement I have everything mapped out to help me keep my alignment square. Yes - I know I am reaching - I am trying not to blame it on the unit. As I previously indicated the 2 definitive answers I got from the test were ball speed (very very close) and launch angle - consistently 3 degrees high on GC2.

I have been working too many hours lately and have not had time to conduct more testing - hopefully will get some in this weekend. I ultimately may not be able to solve this problem until I can get outside and laser some yardages.
    @kball

try to remain positive (pot calling the kettle black and easier said than done) and very persistent. i am in the similar situation, before i got them to agree with sending me a second unit i went ballistic the way they treated me after spending that kind of money and i was stuck. the time it takes to test and valiate is extensive and more than what I anticipated. i know how confusing and frustrating it can be to spend a lot of money and then experience some signfiicant differences.

i too am struggling with getting the exact precise alignment to my target. paperwork says just drop it down and be perpindicular. i need to tape out the target lines and impact points to make sure its spot on. i am testing different Dx, Dy, Dz settings on setup to see if that makes a difference where the unit is positioned.

BTW - been talking with trackman. their trackman 3 indoor sounds great. they interface with E6 but they have so much software that is great and video cameras that are included along with the video software. they are planning on stopping by my house to demo. its very expensive in comparison and has larger space requirements that may have me doing a little construction but its worth a check to see.

Interesting the trackman guy informed me that even with trackman they have experienced a ~3% reduction in distance with pros on the course versus the range after they warm up. he said they think its related to people's adrenaline going up while playing versus hitting balls on the range.

if you have a bushnell 1500 its a great choice for shooting distances. if you don't then try to borrow one. i have tried several gps units and they are as precise as the bushnell 1500 and for this testing you want to get as close as possible i think. very reliable to 1 yard. for short clubs where you can see the ball land long, on, short of the flag you can then shoot the distance to confirm carry and compare what the unit says. it doesn't need to be exact to catch major differences (ie if you see the ball land on the flag or beyond it but the unit says carry is shorter then there is an issue.

BTW the guy at trackman used to work for ping and tested all units including foresight. very extensive testing. i won't disclose any private info. i told him my issue with the screen in conversation and he said industry knows there is a problem with the textaline they are using that causes signficant bounce back. he said they use the same PR-20 impact panels that i ordered from westcoastnetting.com. i feel a lot more comfortable on the new screen now. he said the textaline has had issues with rebound regardless of keeping the sides loose - its the material. I need to move this info over to the screen thread so people know. intersting how jon watters from foresight went on the defensive fighting with me saying he has 'never had an issue with their screen and its me."

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    So the Golfer are your shots not flowing from where I hits the screen? Your alignment may be off!!

Sorry theGolfer. The original post was a review of the GC2 and comparison of the various posts. The latest 2 pages were dealing with some issues in the speed, distance, alignment of the sim. Not major problems, but issues that would be better solved with help from one another.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Well said thegolfer.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Wow. I'm disappointed with your comments. I don't appreciate your insinuations. My intentions were good.

I've help a lot of people here. You haven't been here long enough to know that. Have your posts removed if you want. I don't give a .

Ask yourself this question. If these posts where here when you were doing your research, would you still have bought the GC2?

I just renamed the thread. The intent is to help one another and I am trying hard to organize the large volume of information. Unfortunately threads change with respect to the content and solutions to problems gets lost easily. The purpose is to have the information easy to find. The same thing applies to sensor based problems such as lighting, taping, alignment etc.
    Last edited by bubba22; 12-19-2011 at 11:47 PM.

Well said to all...I would like to think any manufacturer would be quick to solve any issues but I think it is important to discuss them here too, obviously advising of the level of assistance from the manufacturer.

Quick update - JS1010 was kind enough to share a calibration tool for the GC2 that enables you to calibrate the self-leveling feature. I did this and my short game issues have gone away. I am now hitting SW / PW like I do on the course and the severe lefts that I was experiencing have gone away. This is AWESOME - thanks JS1010. I still believe the distance is short, but I will say it is improved as well.

I still have some quirky things going on and will be contacting Foresight Sports. The carry yardage that is announced by the unit and the carry yardage that is displayed is not the same and I have noticed that my replays are not correct / accurate. When I do a replay it is not accurately reflecting ball flight and where the ball finally ends up - very strange.

5 Wood js1010 is on a distinguished road
    Glad it helped - wasn't sure it would do anything and interesting that it did.

Calibration Tool was given to me by Foresight when I had an issue with a firmware update. This tool didn't really help my issue but figured it was worth a try for Kball. I don't have details as to exactly what it does.

As far as distances being different between the GC2 and in the software - just want to make sure you are aware that the software will adjust the carry if you are hitting an uphill or downhill shot. It will tell you next to the yardage in the lower right if you are hitting up or down hill. So on course is not a good place to compare GC2 spoken numbers to what you get in the software.

To get the best carry numbers for testing you should use the foresight range with no wind and it has very little elevation so the numbers should be pretty close to what the Gc2 speaks out.

great news!!!!

can you share the calibration tool or if it comes with the unit how to locate and use it? curiuos to check my unit also.

curious what firmware version people have and how we determine what the latest release is?

when i turn on my unit it says version 2.1.3 with h/w rev = 3.

it would be great if they had a site with the latest product / technical news similar to what it seams like gsa does.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGolfer View Post
    curious what firmware version people have and how we determine what the latest release is?

when i turn on my unit it says version 2.1.3 with h/w rev = 3.

it would be great if they had a site with the latest product / technical news similar to what it seams like gsa does.
    I am using firmware version 2.1.3 - I did notice they have a new version on their web site that has been temporarily suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGolfer View Post
    great news!!!!

can you share the calibration tool or if it comes with the unit how to locate and use it? curiuos to check my unit also.
    Send me an E-mail and I can send you the file. Your PM inbox is full again.

I didn't think of that... So the software is adjusting for changes in elevation - are you sure? Makes sense - I just did not think it was doing that... One thing Foresight could do is provide more documentation on the software and set-up procedures.

Definitely - try it out. Need to pay attention to the little arrow (up or down) next to the yardage when playing or practicing on a course. Same thing with wind - although I have never have that on.

Also, need to pay attention to rough . On the Lie button at the bottom of screen it will tell you if you are in fairway or rough. If rough, then it will give you a percentage like (80%) - your ball will fly shorter.

I will pay attention next time. I stopped using the lie penalty because I thought the 20% penalty was too severe.

Anyone ever look at the scorecard after playing a round? It shows a gross and a net score. Mine is not working. At first it was showing a net score higher than the gross and now it is showing an equal or lower score, but when added up the net score is not correct. Meaning - the math is not correct - nor is the net score.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=525-dAV42sM

is there any news on the "new" club sensor?

Pitching Wedge Santiago is on a distinguished road
    According to twitter, the HMT is showing at the PGA show, on January 25th.

http://twitpic.com/7zuonp

thanks for that

Pitching Wedge Santiago is on a distinguished road
    I will be at the show, will let you know how HMT works, looks impressive.

Looks like foresight has updated their website with all the hmt information including the specs for the head measurements.

http://www.foresightsports.com/produ...ent-technology

Was hoping this was going to be around 2.5k .

Cant wait to hear from people that go to the show. Hope to see some videos of this and how they integrated it in to the fitting software.

3 Iron HRS is on a distinguished road
    Thank you for the link. It certainly seems an impressive piece of technology but... I think it is priced way over the top for what it adds, at least for the home simulator market. By knowing what the ball does after you hit it you have a pretty good idea about how it was hit. I'm not sure knowing you are 3 degrees open instead of 5 degrees open helps you much when watching the ball go other than where you want. Also, the club markings mean you can't bring the same clubs from the course to the sim and vice versa. I don't know about everyone else but I only have one set of clubs and I am sure the little stickers don't do well in mud and water where I spend most of my time on the course!

For clubfitters and those with a lot more disposable income, though, it looks fantastic and provides a really complete system. The only other thing I could think of would be some of those mechanical plates to adjust lies running off the sim software.

Foresight has redesigned their web-site and I can't find the "downloads" section - does anyone know where it is at?

3 Iron HRS is on a distinguished road
    I have no idea! Just went all over the site without success. If you email them they are usually responsive but probably not around until Monday.

9 Iron patator is on a distinguished road
    According to par2pro (see his last posts and website), te additional cost is 4500usd, making the total unit cost 11000usd...its more expensive than the x2. So, for clubfitters, the x2 brings the same info for minimum 2000usd less.
    One will say that the gc2 is more accurate for spin calculation / measurement and more portable.
    More accurate for spin, i don t know. More accurate for other specs outdoor (carry, ball shape, aod..), not so sure as the x2 really follows the ball.
    More portable, yes indeed. But when ze do a fiiting, we have a big bag full of heads and shafts. The fitter will, probably most of the time, put his x2 in his fitting bag. The pc or ipad can also stick in the bag...what i want to say is that, as for me, the portability is a competitive advantage for using the gc2 as a training tool for avid players...not for professionals who will anyway use it with a pc (no ipad yet for gc2).

For indoor use and indoor simulation, the gc2 (with hmt) is out of price...

What do you think

Pat

If CG2 with HMT tests prove the unit is accurate and the bees knees is anyone prepared to go into a group buy to try and get a good price.

Would use Cory at Par2pro to do a deal. Just want an idea of numbers.

alsilver
    Count me in

Quote Originally Posted by alsilver View Post
    Count me in
    probably need about 10 to have buying power????

Thread Information