CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    3 Iron HRS is on a distinguished road
    I have no idea! Just went all over the site without success. If you email them they are usually responsive but probably not around until Monday.

9 Iron patator is on a distinguished road
    According to par2pro (see his last posts and website), te additional cost is 4500usd, making the total unit cost 11000usd...its more expensive than the x2. So, for clubfitters, the x2 brings the same info for minimum 2000usd less.
    One will say that the gc2 is more accurate for spin calculation / measurement and more portable.
    More accurate for spin, i don t know. More accurate for other specs outdoor (carry, ball shape, aod..), not so sure as the x2 really follows the ball.
    More portable, yes indeed. But when ze do a fiiting, we have a big bag full of heads and shafts. The fitter will, probably most of the time, put his x2 in his fitting bag. The pc or ipad can also stick in the bag...what i want to say is that, as for me, the portability is a competitive advantage for using the gc2 as a training tool for avid players...not for professionals who will anyway use it with a pc (no ipad yet for gc2).

For indoor use and indoor simulation, the gc2 (with hmt) is out of price...

What do you think

Pat

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    If CG2 with HMT tests prove the unit is accurate and the bees knees is anyone prepared to go into a group buy to try and get a good price.

Would use Cory at Par2pro to do a deal. Just want an idea of numbers.

alsilver
    Count me in

Quote Originally Posted by alsilver View Post
    Count me in
    probably need about 10 to have buying power????

Cory has confirmed a group buy will be a discount

Par Kball is on a distinguished road
    I hate to be the first to communicate bad news, but in some correspondence I have had with Foresight Sports the new HMT starts at $4,995 and increases to $6,500... Below are some details - the HMT-S measures the items indicated and then the HMT-E adds loft and lie.

HMT-S - HMT Standard - Standalone ***$4,995.00 ***LCD Display - Path,
    Attack, Face Angle, Head Velocity & Efficiency Ratio

HMT-E - HMT Enhanced - Standalone ***$1,495.00 ***LCD Display - Same
    as HMT-S - Plus Loft and Lie

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Very pricey for that data. $1500 for loft and lie!!! Not sure how its going to help the average golfer or enhance the simulation play.

Asics
    My guess is that the most significant portion of the GC2's customer base consists of teaching pros, club fitters/retailers, and the club manufacturers. Take a look at the customers identified on their web page, which includes Ping, Titleist, etc. The loft and lie measurements would be extremely beneficial for club fitting and teaching purposes. Agree not so much so for simulation, but the GC2 isn't marketed as just a simulation device. Agree that the price is steep, but then when I was using the DD and you guys were all upgrading to these 3-4K devices I thought you were all nuts to do that!

5 Wood js1010 is on a distinguished road
    Have any of you guys asked about the download section and what there plans are for this now?

I looked around as well - including tried the old download URL from an old email they sent - no go.

Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road
    anyone else experience the gc2 unit carry off from the simulated carry on the range?

mine has not been off but for some reason today when i went to use it the carries were different by a lot for each club. I turned down both the unit and the sim several times each but it still is doing it.

curious if anyone else came across this along with a solution.

thanks.

Foresight got back with me and had me double check that the "wait for spin" option was selected. Sure enough somehow it got un selected. When I put the "wait for spin" back on the carries matched on the unit and the sim in the fitting module / range.

3 Iron HRS is on a distinguished road
    It's funny you mention that. The other day I started it up and got a DirectX error that flashed by quickly and it crashed. Opened the application again and everything was changed including contrast, brightness, all the game settings. Also now the post-shot screen never comes up anymore even though I have set it to do so. Very strange.

I would double check the settings again. I have the launch characteristic window stay up for a few seconds before going to the next shot but I think one option is to not display it. Maybe the DirectX error somehow reset all the options and deselected that option? Maybe I had the same thing but I just don't remember seeing anytype of error message. I know I didn't change the option myself so something must have happened for it to change.

70jr
    I have not been on in a long time has anyone figured out how to get the yardage up without using the boost? My yardage is like 30 yards off and I have to use the boost at 17 to come up with the right numbers

Good to hear from you 70jr. Why is your yardage 30 yards off? Is that with all clubs or just driver? Post some screenshots.

i will pass along feedback that helped others that were short.

1A. make sure that the gc2 is placed a) level with hitting surface, or b) 1 inch no more than 2 inches above hitting surface. If its lower it will produce short carries all the time. This is straight from the partner Jon Watters VP - not in the setup sheet though.

1B - very important make sure under options that the "wait for spin" setting is checked. You can test with it on or offto see any difference.

2. agree with buba22 to post info for the worst behaving clubs but also include the data on #3 below. without can't really determine purity of impact.

3. i used impact tape to test 5 swings each club and note the data from the launch monitor and tape impact
    * also note for each one where it hit vertically and horizontall relative to the sweet spot - ie on, 1/4 off, 1/2 inch off, way off
    * this test helped show that a lot of off center hits verified by tape caused big drops in distance
    * as you do this you will see that when you pure it dead center it should carry longer than your average and when you are slightly off hit your average and way off fall way short.
    * important to do this because if you find that your pured shots on the sweet spot are way short then there is a problem with the device if its above the surface you are hitting from

4. i know stupid but just a reminder before measuring -
    a) stretch, b) ~10 practice swings no balls, ~10 swings with balls
    b) it takes my body time to realistically get to my swing speed consistently

5. are you located in an exceptionally high or low elevation?

6. if you are swinging indoors do you have plenty of room to feel like you go all out?
    * when I was first asked that I was insulted but I do think its true depending on the indoor setup we do adjust our swings slightly if not careful

7. assume your average baseline carries are measured on the course via a range finder like bushnell 1500 or something equivalent or even outdoor trackman versus walking it off or estimating?

8. what kind of mat are you hitting off of?
    * i think my last mat i just replaced was slightly different than my new trustrike. no detailed comparison done yet.

hopefully several of us can help on the forum.

good luck.
    Last edited by TheGolfer; 01-31-2012 at 09:41 PM. Reason: typing error

70jr
    it is with all clubs the unit is in the metal cage and it is about two inches above the hitting mat. The hitting mat is the cce mat from http://www.realfeelgolfmats.com/. I hit my pw 150 but the unit not in sim mode only has it going 120 even 110 sometimes. I will post some pics from club fitting mode a little later.

Do post 70jr. That is way off???? How are the other clubs? Have you contacted Foresight? TheGolfer gave some good advice for you to try. As well I assume you are hitting real balls?

some ideas to consider...

i would first try it outside the protective casing. i am told it needs to be positioned just write inside so the cameras have a complete view otherwise it can effect it. just to rule out that variable. i would also recommend lowering it first to level then 1 inch above to see if that changes. told that 2 inches is max height from one of the owners but the sales person told me 1 inch.

highly recommend testing with impact tape when you post the numbers and record where the impact was for each shot. if you don't have impact tape maybe try duct tape or masking tape - it probably will leave a mark. this will show if you are hitting it on the sweet spot and it is still short (big problem) or if indoors you are hitting off the sweet spot which will cause distance loss.

i recommend doing the test in club fitting mode. ignore the roll numbers.

if you average (not max) 150 with your pw you have some serious club head speed. based on radar my driver average ranges from 104 - 111 and my pw carries (not total distance) average 128 yards. i have found that with the tape when i pure it exactly on the sweet spot vertically and horizontally it carries farther but at least half the time its slightly off which does carry shorter but then it still averages out.

just to rule out hitting slight turf before ball due to indoor mat / environment i would place tape a couple inches behind the ball for pw. if the tape is not touched on the down swing you can probably rule that out. if you hit the tape on the down swing then you are hitting slight turf before ball - perhaps the mat is spungy - which will cause short yardages.

also see if the "wait for spin" is selected under options. i use it with the setting on but not sure how it reacts with out it. heard before they had the option the carries were off.

good luck.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    If you need tape to tell you whether you hit it fat or off center by that much, you need to change your name to 100jr.

As bubba22 said, post some pics of your setup and screen shots showing all the data from the GC2. Sounds like ball speeds are not getting calculated correctly.

Yes that would be my bet.

Par Kball is on a distinguished road
    70JR,

A few suggestions: (1) You may need to use the calibration software that calibrates the GC2 self-leveling capability. I believe I can E-mail it to you if you send me a PM with an E-mail address (2) I have the same mat that you have. It is a good mat, but if you are hitting the ball slightly fat it does scrub off quite a bit of speed and will reduce your carry distances (3) I am now using the Divot Action mat from Custom Design Golf and it definitely helped.

The calibration software and setting the unit level with my mat helped the most.

sometimes i wonder if you play golf outdoors or just play it on the computer?

obviously a slight turf before ball is not the only possible contributing factor for that amount of loss but an obvious one to check and rule out if someones yardages are shorter. like most things its probably a combination of a few things versus one single thing. to say ball speed is off is very helpful since carry is short in the first place.

to ignore checking three major reasons why the launch monitor may report short carries and just post pics of the numbers to say they are not accurate before removing those variables seems ignorant. he is already saying they are not accurate so don't need to see numbers to determine that. depending how the unit is placed in the casing it can effect camera visibility and carries. you can't determine that is the source by just looking at numbers on the computer screen. also the vertical placement below or above the hitting surface is shown to effect carries with the gc2 and again looking at numbers can't determine if that is the source.

once you remove the protective casing, vertical placement limitations, and confirm indeed hitting 100% ball first before mat then when looking at the numbers you know they are not contributing. after that then looking at numbers you could start determing the source but without the impact pattern for each shot you don't know if its a launch monitor problem or an impact problem. if one is hitting just a 1/2 inch off the sweet spot you are not going to get anywere near the ball speed to get that type of carry.

this is coming from a guy that had to prove my first unit indeed was calculating carries short (and not by the extent 70jr is experiencing) through extensive testing and got them to replace it.

I think these are all great suggestions. Pos some screenshots if you get a chance. There may be a possibility that the cams are off and need recalibration.

kball is also a great source of suggestions for this issue since his carries were initially short but I think he resolved most of that now through/

70jr
    So tonight I took the unit out of the casing and placed it above and at even level with the hitting mat and the numbers are way low. I play once a week outside the golfer and I never get carry on my shots because I hit them really high in the air. I carry 150 with a pw and I am over 245 on a 3i. the unit reads really short on the irons, tomorrow when I wake up I will take pics and put them on. I think the driver when it is on the tee reads closer to what happens on the course then the irons. It does not make any sense but the unit does show the driver going over 300. Zmax you are a hoot, I was cracking up with the 100jr. The golfer I do hit the bad shots every now and again but that is not the problem, when I went foresight to check it out the first time I was hitting balls and the unit was spot on with the irons. I will post pics tomorrow for sure showing 10 swings with pw, 5ir and driver to show you what I am talking about. Thanks again everyone.

Something is wrong. It needs a diagnostic workup as the cams may be off???? Looking forward to the pics and hopefully we can help. By the way did you contact Foresight?

Agree, if your unit is off with average (not) max carryies of 150 for a club but you are now averaging 120 on the unit I would have contacted foresight immediately.

Clarification questions that will help the forum understand the numbers better...

1. are you saying your AVERAGE outdoor CARRY not total distance for pw = 150, 3i = 245?
    - or are you saying these are total distances outdoors versus carry
    - are these max carriers or averages out of 10 shots?

2. I wouldn't ignore impact. Even players with 0 indexes with high club head speed won't hit the exact sweet spot 10 out of 10 times. It may not be your off horizontally but vertically a few grooves up can make a big difference in impact. This can be caused not from your swing but some indoor mats that are softer than fairways outdoors which in turn cause your feet to be slightly lower witht he same grip in turn will cause you to hit a few grooves higher - not saying that makes up all the distance loss.

3. Since you have the same mat as Kball and he found that a very slight turf first before the ball does indeed cause a big distance loss I would rule that out by placing tape behind the ball to make sure out of 10 swings none of them hit the tape. this also can be cause from the mat not your swing.

4. When you play out doors a) are you in high elevation area, b) unusually warm area?
    - some people who are located in very high elevation and unusually warm area obviouslly carry the ball much farther than someone say in cooler lower elevations - the launch monitor doesn't take that into consideration and uses some average elevation and temperature. for these users if everything worked correctly their carries would be a little less - again not saying that much

5. What balls are you using for your test?

Again, don't think there will be one thing but maybe a combination of things.

I know it must be frustrating. My first unit was off but not as much as yours and I couldn't even use it from the beginning.

For me, I tend to hit farther off the mat than real grass on the range. I hate hitting off any mat vs real grass but my tendency is to hit it farther off the mat. Having said that, I hardly doubt the mat is your issue. The unit is not working right. I would first post screenshots but do contact Foresight.

Thread Information