100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road
    kball

having the unfortunate expierence of dealing with foresight on issues i would recommend you gather your data and once you feel you have enough to demonstrate then make the call. they may react differently with you, but i have heard from others now this is not uncommon. the only thing that would make them change from my perspective is producing hard data that they can not dispute. if its that bad and you got it documented and they still won't help then hand the data to a lawyer. i say this as opposed to calling to start the conversation in hope to continue gathering data. jon watters seemed to take great pride in trying to dispute everything i produced and harrass me. and i had a lot of data to back my position up also to boot. i am not saying i think you do or do not have enough data just providing a word of advise after deailing with them so you can make your single communication have the highest likelyhood for success for you.

it seems like your carry for gc2 was longer than the trackman on your outdoor comparison versus what you are seeing in the indoor environment. maybe there is something with the indoor setup but i agree it says just sit down perpindicular and hit so not sure what it can be.

did you see the balls turn over with both the gc2 and trackman outdoors along with both showing the draw spin? trackman will show spin axis but it should tell you the axis is tilt to the left and project a draw i think.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    TheGolfer,

Those numbers look strange to me too. The second line for example, I can't see how you could have launched the ball 39.5*, start the ball right at 3.2*, and hook it back nearly 3 yards left of target? In a span of 84 yards? Do you do that outside on the real course also?

Guys,

I suggest somebody open a new thread. Maybe call it, "GC2 Launch monitor Foresightsports problems". Bubba22 can then copy certain posts in their respective order from various review threads to the new "problems" thread. This could open up some eyes. Foresight can then be directed to this thread.

Newegg for example does something similar with their customer reviews. I've seen manufactures come on Newegg and resolve problems with unhappy customers.

Interesting that's why i did. I need to triple check my numbers. I hit the center of the screen but the ball always starts right of the target line on the range. i know i have inside out for most of my swings but the ball should start on the line then go right then come back rather than starting right of the line and just turning over. with your alignment does the ball start literally on the white target line on the range?

5 Wood js1010 is on a distinguished road
    The simulation takes in to account teh 10 feet or whatever your distance is from the hitting spot to the screen . So if you are hitting 3.2 degrees right then the ball should start projecting right of the aim line and curve based on the side spin you have for a given shot. If you are hitting the center of the screen with the ball physically and getting 3.2 azimuth then something is not lined up correctly.

Basically if your azimith is not zero then the ball will not start on the aim line.

I agree. If everything is lined up correctly and you are square with the GC2, the azimuth should be zero if you hit the middle of the screen.

js1010 - that makes sense. forgot about the 10 feet before the screen.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    So the Golfer are your shots not flowing from where I hits the screen? Your alignment may be off!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    TheGolfer,

Those numbers look strange to me too. The second line for example, I can't see how you could have launched the ball 39.5*, start the ball right at 3.2*, and hook it back nearly 3 yards left of target? In a span of 84 yards? Do you do that outside on the real course also?

Guys,

I suggest somebody open a new thread. Maybe call it, "GC2 Launch monitor Foresightsports problems". Bubba22 can then copy certain posts in their respective order from various review threads to the new "problems" thread. This could open up some eyes. Foresight can then be directed to this thread.

Newegg for example does something similar with their customer reviews. I've seen manufactures come on Newegg and resolve problems with unhappy customers.
    zmax/bubba2 - it would be good if you ask first. not sure the purpose of the strong desire to highlight potential problems with foresight gc2 over and over again and have it searchable by google when you don't even use it. i am in the middle of hopefully an agreement between both parties. i do not want this to get in the way and pour gasoline on the fire. i have been posting to help others in a simular situation or help avoid it in the first place if possible. i told you when my dispute is over then possibly talk to a lessons learned. it almost seems like you are trying to draw more light to it with respect to other systems that you use like protee. either way i don't want to be involved with a public attack of any company just for the sake of it. i have a problem, documenting that problem, and the company now agrees to resolve that problem. i just don't want to jeopardize that along with any opportunity others like kball may have.

i may need to have my posts respectively removed if you are moving them to a single "problem" thread so its searchable by google.

again my dispute is not resolved. i mean no harm to any company. i just want to resolve the matter professionaly for both parties. my posts are meant to help others experiencing similar situations. just because i had random bad luck and then they handled it poorly it also doesn't mean that my situation represents all users experience with foresight.

Sorry theGolfer. The original post was a review of the GC2 and comparison of the various posts. The latest 2 pages were dealing with some issues in the speed, distance, alignment of the sim. Not major problems, but issues that would be better solved with help from one another.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Well said thegolfer.

Wow. I'm disappointed with your comments. I don't appreciate your insinuations. My intentions were good.

I've help a lot of people here. You haven't been here long enough to know that. Have your posts removed if you want. I don't give a .

Ask yourself this question. If these posts where here when you were doing your research, would you still have bought the GC2?

I just renamed the thread. The intent is to help one another and I am trying hard to organize the large volume of information. Unfortunately threads change with respect to the content and solutions to problems gets lost easily. The purpose is to have the information easy to find. The same thing applies to sensor based problems such as lighting, taping, alignment etc.
    Last edited by bubba22; 12-19-2011 at 11:47 PM.

Well said to all...I would like to think any manufacturer would be quick to solve any issues but I think it is important to discuss them here too, obviously advising of the level of assistance from the manufacturer.

Par Kball is on a distinguished road
    Quick update - JS1010 was kind enough to share a calibration tool for the GC2 that enables you to calibrate the self-leveling feature. I did this and my short game issues have gone away. I am now hitting SW / PW like I do on the course and the severe lefts that I was experiencing have gone away. This is AWESOME - thanks JS1010. I still believe the distance is short, but I will say it is improved as well.

I still have some quirky things going on and will be contacting Foresight Sports. The carry yardage that is announced by the unit and the carry yardage that is displayed is not the same and I have noticed that my replays are not correct / accurate. When I do a replay it is not accurately reflecting ball flight and where the ball finally ends up - very strange.

Glad it helped - wasn't sure it would do anything and interesting that it did.

Calibration Tool was given to me by Foresight when I had an issue with a firmware update. This tool didn't really help my issue but figured it was worth a try for Kball. I don't have details as to exactly what it does.

As far as distances being different between the GC2 and in the software - just want to make sure you are aware that the software will adjust the carry if you are hitting an uphill or downhill shot. It will tell you next to the yardage in the lower right if you are hitting up or down hill. So on course is not a good place to compare GC2 spoken numbers to what you get in the software.

To get the best carry numbers for testing you should use the foresight range with no wind and it has very little elevation so the numbers should be pretty close to what the Gc2 speaks out.

I didn't think of that... So the software is adjusting for changes in elevation - are you sure? Makes sense - I just did not think it was doing that... One thing Foresight could do is provide more documentation on the software and set-up procedures.

Definitely - try it out. Need to pay attention to the little arrow (up or down) next to the yardage when playing or practicing on a course. Same thing with wind - although I have never have that on.

Also, need to pay attention to rough . On the Lie button at the bottom of screen it will tell you if you are in fairway or rough. If rough, then it will give you a percentage like (80%) - your ball will fly shorter.

I will pay attention next time. I stopped using the lie penalty because I thought the 20% penalty was too severe.

great news!!!!

can you share the calibration tool or if it comes with the unit how to locate and use it? curiuos to check my unit also.

curious what firmware version people have and how we determine what the latest release is?

when i turn on my unit it says version 2.1.3 with h/w rev = 3.

it would be great if they had a site with the latest product / technical news similar to what it seams like gsa does.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGolfer View Post
    great news!!!!

can you share the calibration tool or if it comes with the unit how to locate and use it? curiuos to check my unit also.
    Send me an E-mail and I can send you the file. Your PM inbox is full again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGolfer View Post
    curious what firmware version people have and how we determine what the latest release is?

when i turn on my unit it says version 2.1.3 with h/w rev = 3.

it would be great if they had a site with the latest product / technical news similar to what it seams like gsa does.
    I am using firmware version 2.1.3 - I did notice they have a new version on their web site that has been temporarily suspended.

Anyone ever look at the scorecard after playing a round? It shows a gross and a net score. Mine is not working. At first it was showing a net score higher than the gross and now it is showing an equal or lower score, but when added up the net score is not correct. Meaning - the math is not correct - nor is the net score.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=525-dAV42sM

is there any news on the "new" club sensor?

Pitching Wedge Santiago is on a distinguished road
    According to twitter, the HMT is showing at the PGA show, on January 25th.

http://twitpic.com/7zuonp

thanks for that

Pitching Wedge Santiago is on a distinguished road
    I will be at the show, will let you know how HMT works, looks impressive.

Looks like foresight has updated their website with all the hmt information including the specs for the head measurements.

http://www.foresightsports.com/produ...ent-technology

Was hoping this was going to be around 2.5k .

Cant wait to hear from people that go to the show. Hope to see some videos of this and how they integrated it in to the fitting software.

3 Iron HRS is on a distinguished road
    Thank you for the link. It certainly seems an impressive piece of technology but... I think it is priced way over the top for what it adds, at least for the home simulator market. By knowing what the ball does after you hit it you have a pretty good idea about how it was hit. I'm not sure knowing you are 3 degrees open instead of 5 degrees open helps you much when watching the ball go other than where you want. Also, the club markings mean you can't bring the same clubs from the course to the sim and vice versa. I don't know about everyone else but I only have one set of clubs and I am sure the little stickers don't do well in mud and water where I spend most of my time on the course!

For clubfitters and those with a lot more disposable income, though, it looks fantastic and provides a really complete system. The only other thing I could think of would be some of those mechanical plates to adjust lies running off the sim software.

Foresight has redesigned their web-site and I can't find the "downloads" section - does anyone know where it is at?

Thread Information