Ok - some additional information. TheGolfer and I have been communicating as I have been struggling with carry distances and suspect that my unit is having an issue. My GC2 was originally about 1.5" below the surface of my mat and so I have moved it to level and about 2 inches above and would say that my results are inclusive to yes it does increase the carry yardage (will need to do more testing). The approach does not make sense to me because if the GC2 is level with the mat and I put the ball on a tee for a driver then I have the same issue as if the GC2 is below the mat and the ball is on the ground.

Regarding my Trackman experience. I was at a location that is recognized as one of the top fitters in the country and does fittings for top ranked amateurs and some pros. Having said that I really have no way to determine whether the unit was configured properly other than trusting in their expertise. All shots were hit with both units on and capturing data at the same time. My carry yardages were less with the Trackman than what I experience on the course, but it was 25 degrees outside and the trackman is actually tracking the flight of the ball (range balls) as it finally estimates a carry distance. The point being that wind and weather will effect Trackman data where it will not GC2. I had a terrible time getting the GC2 aligned with the Trackman target - with the Trackman the unit has a camera that is used to align the unit. So in my case they have a large pole in the distance and when calibrating the Trackman showed me it was aligned with that pole. My GC2 left to right has been good except with very short clubs - which is very strange. Meaning - 25 to 30 yards offline from 110 yards - not something I do very often on the course. Now - one possible cause could be alignment. Meaning on the course maybe I am subconsciously aiming right of my target and hitting slight pulls with some hook spin and thus ending up closer to the flag where in my basement I have everything mapped out to help me keep my alignment square. Yes - I know I am reaching - I am trying not to blame it on the unit. As I previously indicated the 2 definitive answers I got from the test were ball speed (very very close) and launch angle - consistently 3 degrees high on GC2.

I have been working too many hours lately and have not had time to conduct more testing - hopefully will get some in this weekend. I ultimately may not be able to solve this problem until I can get outside and laser some yardages.