+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39
Results 1,141 to 1,152 of 1152
    marten2k12
    Hello.

I purchased the GC2 last year. I recently updated to the 3.7.0 Firmware. After doing so, I have issues with the USB cord and when the USB works, nothing happens when I hit a ball.

Is there a way to go back to an earlier Firmware?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    If you have an older firmware version you can go back to it. If not you might need to have one emailed or downloaded.

I found an issue with that version and the USB hooked up. The ball would not show right. It would shoot forward a bit and spin back.

If you hook up with bluetooth you should get it to work but for me, then the ball would not start where it hit the screen. It started from the bottom of the screen.

See if they will send you a link to an older version. Nothing was in that version that was needed for the older units. I posted a long time back about this issue. If they don't offer help let me know.

Par Kball is on a distinguished road
    SFR - did you ever talk to Foresight about the issue? Seems bizarre to have a firmware update that eliminates the ability to use USB. I have not updated to the new firmware because I saw your comments. I do see they appear to have anew USB driver available - maybe that has to be installed in order for the new firmware to work.

They asked about what version of the FSS I was running and I gave them that but never heard back any more. They did offer to remote in but with that computer in my shop the internet is not good so I didn't want to bring everything in just for that. Seeing that they said there was nothing in those newer versions that had anything to do with ball flight and more to do with the new units and Kiosk I think.

I did have issues with getting the software loaded on my new windows 8.1 computer but did get through that and got things to load and run. But then the driver for the USB was not working on that computer until one night I tried a front USB port and all worked. Not sure why. Also not sure if the new driver is any different or not.

Bigger yet was that the new firmware no longer showed the flash life and that I want to see all the time. I don't plan on changing firmware now unless something major changes with ball flight or something like that.

Did you ever figure how to toggle the spin readout?

Par Dax is on a distinguished road
    I have heard a lot of USB issues associated with Windows 7 and 8. I wonder if this could be part of the problem? I am still trying to resolve an issue with my mouse where after booting up I need to replug in my USB to get it to work. Very frustrating and annoying. When I searched the issue on the net, I quickly realized that I was not alone.

Par Kball is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by SFR View Post
    They asked about what version of the FSS I was running and I gave them that but never heard back any more. They did offer to remote in but with that computer in my shop the internet is not good so I didn't want to bring everything in just for that. Seeing that they said there was nothing in those newer versions that had anything to do with ball flight and more to do with the new units and Kiosk I think.

I did have issues with getting the software loaded on my new windows 8.1 computer but did get through that and got things to load and run. But then the driver for the USB was not working on that computer until one night I tried a front USB port and all worked. Not sure why. Also not sure if the new driver is any different or not.

Bigger yet was that the new firmware no longer showed the flash life and that I want to see all the time. I don't plan on changing firmware now unless something major changes with ball flight or something like that.

Did you ever figure how to toggle the spin readout?
    Yes I did - thanks. When I am using the GC2 with the simulator software - the GC2 does not display the shot information on the GC2 screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kball View Post
    Yes I did - thanks. When I am using the GC2 with the simulator software - the GC2 does not display the shot information on the GC2 screen.
    If you have Bluetooth on the computer:
    For me and I assumed everyone, when you are using the USB cable for the software, you only see the eye on the GC2 and no stats. If you unplug the USB and then you need to re boot the software and possibly the GC2 itself, and then in the sim menu screen when on the range or course, go up to the Bluetooth tab and click. Takes a bit of time but it will show the GC2 and not connected, select the GC2 and then connect and again after 10 seconds or so it will then say connected. Then you will be able to see the stats on the GC2 readout however when I do this the ball no longer starts where the ball hits the screen but shows from the bottom. Not sure why the Bluetooth can't use that feature.

Putter nobblescrunc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by golferinmd View Post
    I installed 3.5.1.0 and things are running well. I am more accurate but I think it is my swing is better!
    By any chance you haven't got a copy of the firmware file 3.5.1.0 ??

GPD10022

Question from a newbie

Hi all,

Need some help. I've just acquired a GC2 off of eBay and am trying to determine the firmware/driver version that are currently installed on the unit. I did download the latest from Foresight's web site but am unsure as to what is currently installed. How does one check?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GPD10022 View Post
    Hi all,

Need some help. I've just acquired a GC2 off of eBay and am trying to determine the firmware/driver version that are currently installed on the unit. I did download the latest from Foresight's web site but am unsure as to what is currently installed. How does one check?

Thanks.
    The arrow keys are used in the menu. The double << arrow key should be main menu and then toggle up or down. One page will show firmware with the number. Older firmware would show the flash count about in the area where the patent numbers show up but the newer firmware took that out so I stay with the 3.5 something. The newest is 3.10. You will see where you can change the spin readout to have separate backspin numbers or use axis spin numbers. Won't change ball flight but just reading the numbers.

Sand Wedge faktor is on a distinguished road
    Some experience with the new firmware 3.10 and TGC or Protee ?? can someone provide a link to firmware 3.5.1 ?? thanks in advance!!!

5 Wood js1010 is on a distinguished road
    Someone on the other forum said firmware 3.10 works fine with tgc. Havent upgraded myself as of yet.

Thread Information