100 Holes of Hope
Closed Thread
    Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Inexpensive beginner irons

My son is taking the sport up and I am in need of irons, preferably 6-pw in decent condition. I have procured or have offers for the rest of the set.

Please let me know what you may have.

Thanks
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    Not sure how old your son is, but why don't you take him to see Don at Artisan golf and get him to build a proper half set. That way, he's at least starting with the proper equipment length and weight in particular. I did this for my wife after wasting money on an off the shelf used "ladies" set to find out that they were over an inch too short for her height.

Nice thing about Don's is that he will fit whatever clubs you want, and its very easy to add to the set later on. Originally I purchased a 5 hybrid, 7 iron, 9 iron and gap wedge for my wife. A year later she went out and had Don build a matching 5 iron and lob wedge.

Just a thought..

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Yoiu are right, that would be the ideal thing to do but I do not have the funds to do that right now. I brought him to a friend at an indoor sim and he let me know that he is pretty standard so for now that will have to do.

Good suggestion though.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Journeyman beef is on a distinguished road
    pm sent. gb

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Just to be clear - is your son also ambidextrous, or is he going to start shooting from the wrong side from day one?

Actually he came with me and was able to hit quite well from both sides but he was more comfortable from the left so he is following in the old mans footsteps
    Lefty Lucas

Thank you to all who replied, I have completed the set with the piece of resistance being the irons that are being assembled by Downhillslider. Thanks Les!!!!
    Lefty Lucas

Thread Information