CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter Ericft is on a distinguished road

Need suggestions of for my first SIM setup in office. HELP

Hi all, I have loved the info on this site as I begin the process of building a golf sim with optishot in our office...we have punched out a wall to build out from a storage room...reason being one of the 4 guys who will be using it mostly at work is left handed!!! made setup 100 times more complicated as it required so much more space...
    anyhow, carpet is being laid down, I have jagmanjoe's upgraded turf for the optishot on order, got the epson 705Hd and now getting things setup for cage/net/screen.
    My questions are as follows:
    1. the space is we will be hitting into is 10 ft wide x 16ft long x 8ft 14in . the space in front of the screen is 10ft by 5.5 ft...we will have to be careful swinging driver and may have to move the stance mat sideways for the different handed golfers.What opinions are there regarding placement of metal enclosures? I know they have to be a certain distance from the back wall but what about the sides? Should the enclosure poles be a few inches away with netting? how much
    2. I want to build the enclosure instead of custom ordering it so i found 3/4" connectors for the frame on ebay and it takes 3/4" EMT poles. are these sturdy/stout enough or do I have to get the 1" ones?
    3. For aftermarket netting for the 10ft wide, 8.5ft tall, 5 ft deep cage what nets do I need to order? I see custom net/cage options suchas on www.allsportsystems.com and Par2pro. If I wanted the net myself do I just get a 8.5ft x 20ft to go around the sides and back of the cage and then a 5ftx10ft for the ceiling? what about a baffle for the back for contrast and reinforcement? Necessary? or is the rear netting enough?
    4. are folks using a cage with two bars on the top, one for the rear net and one for the screen? is that better or does using one bar to which the netting and screen are attached sufficient?
    5. with regard to screen, is it just as good to hang the screen from the top of the bar alone and let it hang loose on the floor or should it be secured on teh sides as well? I plan on using real golf balls
    6. finally, does the net provide enought protection on the sides such that I don't need to plywood and carpet my drywalls?

Sorry about the number of questions, but instead of making mistakes I would rather get the input of those with much more experience than me...

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Moved this to the hardware section. Hopefully you get more responses.
    The option of a cage or not is always there depending on how you want it setup. I use netting on the side and it works fine. I have my screen hanging from the ceiling and use netting all around and on the top as well. Netting will be fine on the sides. The comercial cages from allsports or Cory at Par2pro work just fine.

Putter Ericft is on a distinguished road
    Bubba22, thanks for moving it into the appropriate area. How far is your netting from the walls on the sides and back behind the screen? how is your netting secured to the ceiling? do you have any wall protection other than the netting?

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Bunjie and modified bar from the ceiling. About 1-2 feet in front. Its in the middle of the room so lots of space on the sides. I have the sides with netting and one side has over the netting a dark canvas for the launch angle camera.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    3/4" is ok for a 10ft wide screen but 1" is what you really want. See the golf simulator setup thread for ideas.

Thread Information