100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Back in the mix

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road

Back in the mix

Hi guys,

After a 9 year absence, I'm making a return to Ottawa, this time quite likely to last a fair bit, pending any lotto winnings... It'll be nice to hang around and play with you all on a more regular basis.

That being said, I need a bit of help. The company I'm joining will have me work downtown so I was wondering what was the best area to live in that wouldn't cause me too much of a headache traffic-wise. I don't have a huge budget for a house so that is to be considered.

Thanks guys and looking forward to seeing you on the links.

Sebie
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Hey Seb

Great to hear you finally get your return to Ottawa. We can always use a few more coins on the course. We're also looking forward to your return to the tour (NCGT) once again.

Hopefully, finding yer game will be a bonus!
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Hey Seb welcome back. Definately have to tee it up in the spring. It's been much too long!
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Steve,

You don't want me to find my game as it could get quite costly to you... Seriously though I wouldn't mind finally playing to my known abilities. Looking forward to playing more golf. Won't be getting a membership as I'd like to play a bit everywhere. Will have to look at all those "executive/corporate" options.
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Dan, sure will have to. Our last game was a good one!
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Seb,

Good to see you back. To be honest, coming in from the Orleans area (and getting home) the last 5 years has been much easier than when I was commuting from the West End, especially during the winter when the Sens were playing at home. There's three pretty good routes from downtown (Parkway, 417/174 and Montreal Road), and if you want to skip the 174 after being on the 417, you can use either Montreal or Innes Road.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby View Post
    Seb,

Good to see you back. To be honest, coming in from the Orleans area (and getting home) the last 5 years has been much easier than when I was commuting from the West End, especially during the winter when the Sens were playing at home. There's three pretty good routes from downtown (Parkway, 417/174 and Montreal Road), and if you want to skip the 174 after being on the 417, you can use either Montreal or Innes Road.
    I echo the same! Justy driving to a Sens game once in a while drives me nuts, I could not imagine having to deal with that the 20 some odd times the Sens play on a week night! The South end will also be a good option once they finnish the hunt club extension and you can avoid the gong show at walkley!
    Captain of the Back to Back Ryder Cup Champs 12-13!

Thanks guys for the input. Looking forward to being to play with you guys more regularly than twice a year. As for housing, it seems that we're heading south east towards Russell. Seems like a good community and schools are close by.
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Don't know how I missed this thread, but its good to have you back Seb. We'll have to get in a game or two when the golf season starts.

There is some good broomball in Russell on Monday nights if you want to get back into it, and there is also a league at Walkley on Wednesday nights where NDHQ still has a team. LMK if you want me to help.

Thread Information