CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Pitching Wedge Be-Com is on a distinguished road

P3Pro Setup Question

I have purchased the P3pro golfsim and have it all setup correctly i think. I am a left handed golfer with a slice especially of the tee with a driver. I usually aim to the far right and hope to end up in the middle left of the fairway maybe out of bounds.
    On the Sim all of my shots tend to go right, driver even irons this is defiantly not my normal ball flight. Taking into account that it can not measure spin on the ball would this be the reason my shots go right. On the course my ball flight might go a bit right probably due to set up but then the spin will force it left. I see on the par 3 challenge say 7 iron my shots are all off the right side of the green i have to move the stick to the left of the whole to try to hit the green. i have enclosed a pic of my swing stats with the driver see if someone can tell me if it is a setup problem with the Sim or what Swings.jpg

7 Iron Deverx is on a distinguished road
    Are you standing on a mat that is equal height to the pad?

Lob Wedge dockrue is on a distinguished road
    So when your clubface is open and you cut across the ball from out to in the ball is ending left of center. When you cut across the ball from out to in and your clubface is extremely closed the ball is going right. That is what the P3 is going to give you without the ball spin data. The only setup I would check is if your driver is taped correctly to get the proper clubface angle.

I have the club taped as per the instruction even blacked out then the reflective strip most of my swings seem to be outside in closed club face that would make the ball flight go right?

Putter MaxPower is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Be-Com View Post
    I have the club taped as per the instruction even blacked out then the reflective strip most of my swings seem to be outside in closed club face that would make the ball flight go right?
    Yes. An outside-in swing with a closed face results in a pull (goes right for a lefty). When you hit a big slice while playing real golf, your probably coming Out-In on the ball with an open face. Your swing data seems to point to you coming over the top (steep) and hitting a pull.

As Deverx pointed out, make sure your standing level with your sensor pad since having the ball too far above your feet can cause you to hit a pull. Also, is it possible that being inside hitting balls is making you swing a little bit different at the ball then you normally would... possibly due to a confined hitting area?

I am at the same height for sure not short on space either would any of the Tee setting in the config make a difference. Like tee height ball height ect..

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Be-Com, your club speed seems kinda low for a driver. Is this normal for you?

Readygolf is our P3pro expert here. He should be able to help you. Sit tight.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    Be-Com, your club speed seems kinda low for a driver. Is this normal for you?

Readygolf is our P3pro expert here. He should be able to help you. Sit tight.

Exellent question ZMax. Perhaps readygolf can shed some light on BeCom's problems!!

I think i have tried slowing down my swing speed on the Sim to in an attempt to hit the ball square my swing speed i think is about 100 mph with the driver. Would the accuracy of the Sim stay the same in the GSA range and the P3Pro range. I know i can hit a 7 iron about 145 yard pretty consistently I will try that and see what the stats are, The Sim is a lot of fun but am looking to improve my game as well. Thanks for your help.

Lets refer to the extra courses as Premium course and not GSA. The accuracy will be the same on the Premium course range, but if the results on the P3pro does not resemble what you see in real life, then something is wrong. So, you've seen 100mph club speed on the P3pro for your driver?

no i haven't seen it that high i have tryed a sim in a golf store once i believe it was close to 100 mid 90s for sure.I think with my slice i would hit a driver 220 at the range have hit it 270 on occasion.

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    Just to confirm how you set up to the pad. Do you move your target line on the sim. to change where you are looking to aim?

Do you aim your body right of the target but keep the sim. aim line straight?

I tried to simulate a out to in swing with a real open face and the best the sim did was start the ball straight and slice off to the left.
    If I backed off the open face the sim would start the ball a bit right and slice back to center. Again this is with a slow ball speed so with a faster ball speed you should see a more extreme ball flight.

Also you may find you get a lot more roll on the Prem courses so look at carry if you compare distance.

Also I can't seem to get my club speed up to 100 mph unless I swing out of my shoes but I normally get a 250 yd drive and up depending on the day.
    Last edited by SFR; 12-17-2011 at 11:53 PM.

No i usually setup square to the target provided by the sim on the driving range. On the par 3s i will move the flagstick to the left then hit the right side of the green, i have squared the stance mat to my screen. I will try some 7 iron shots as i tend not to slice as much with the shorter irons see what the results are.

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    Just to try something. Leave the pad and your stance mat all lined up straight to your target and do not move the aim line on the sim but you move your body and stance so that you aim to the right. So it will look like you are opening your stance compared to the pad. Just report what that does to the shape of your shot. I think you should see more slice but the shot may actually start straight on the sim.

I like to putt this way in order to play break instead of moving the aim line (just my preference) They say using the aim line is best.

So i tried what you suggested after work tonight the ball went right the stance would be somewhat how i would line up if it was a typical hole on the course.

Swing stats

swings_right.jpg

here is alook at those swing stats

So Be-Com the ball went right and stayed right? I would expect the ball to go mostly in the direction of the club face and then slice depending on the face/path relationship. Not measuring the ball for initial direction is an issue. Try the same thing but really open your face to exaggerate a banana slice and see if you can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Be-Com View Post
    Attachment 31346

here is alook at those swing stats

That's a lot of closed club faces. Try a really open face with that stance!!

i forgot to crop it
    Attached Images

what is the left of or right of path mean exactly Reply

So did these shots start right and end left?

Just to be clear, is the real ball starting way right of center and hitting the right side of the net or impact screen? Like out on the course?

no it goes fairly strait mayby a bit right with a slight hook on the end ball trail
    my normal ball flight would be setting up right of target and ending up with a slice

Hybrid fhann is on a distinguished road fhann's Avatar
    Be-Com:

I hope that I don't offend you, but have you input that you are a left handed player?
    Engineered Golf - Frank Hann 3.8 GHIN
    www.engineeredgolf.ca

No offense at all i have put that check mark in.i wish it was that simple,
    what is the left of or right of path mean exactly that swing path???

Hybrid fhann is on a distinguished road fhann's Avatar
    Be-Com:

The baseline that is being referenced for swing-path and face angle is a center-line directly to the target. Therfore, an outside-to-in swing path of 10 degrees means that the path is cutting across the ball from left-to-right for your left-handed swing. The clubface angle is approximately 6 to 7 degrees closed to the center-line but is then 3 to 4 degrees open to your path, which creates an even bigger slicing action.

I play golf right-handed. An ideal set of swing measurements for me on the P3ProSwing would be swing path at 2 degrees inside-to-out with a face angle of 1 degree open. That would put the face angle at 1 degree closed in relation to the swing path and would produce a very small drawing affect on the golf ball. The ball would start right of centre-line, (target) and move slightly back to the left and end up near the centre-line/target. This example might provide you with a reference point to understanding how the ball travels/spins and the results associated with swing path and/or face angles.

Another current and good source of information that can help you to better understand ball flight laws can be found by researching the Trackman website. The old ball flight laws were flawed. Trackman has determined that 85% of the horizontal ball flight/shape is based upon the face angle at contact, the other 15% is due to the effect of the swing-path.
    Engineered Golf - Frank Hann 3.8 GHIN
    www.engineeredgolf.ca

B-Com can you reproduce your slice at all?

yes if i open up the club face abit i get something like this this shot would be typical of a drive for me except my ine tend to start out strait then move way left the last 40 yards or so
    Attached Images

Starts left and goes left. Is the ball hitting the left part of the screen, just left of the target initially? Can you get it to start tight and fade back left? If so where does the ball hit the screen when/if that happens? Readygolf, do you have any suggestions?

7 Iron readygolf is on a distinguished road
    Last edited by readygolf; 02-23-2012 at 07:41 AM.

Thread Information