CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I agree psace and ZMax. The new courses are well done. Augusta is nice. The new Red Chain engine will hopefully be even better.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Yes, I have both versions of Augusta and the GSA version is much better! You really do have to see graphics live to appreciate their true quality.

Bogie Libbing is on a distinguished road Libbing's Avatar
    Wishlist for Protee software
    1) spin cam (listed first, but I've found the default programming to be pretty good estimating spin; seems to pick up draws and fades pretty well)
    2) tag favorite courses to get them listed first (probably about 20-30 I'd like to tag, keep forgetting which ones)
    3) define distance default for each club by player (e.g., if 120 - 130, default to a PW) and enter default programming for wind (e.g. if wind at you of 10mph go a club higher)
    4) allow players to hit from different tee boxes (I don' think that is an option currently, but not 100% sure)
    5) define a default distance selection for tee boxes (e.g. by default, select the tee box that is 6200 - 6700 yards) and conditions (e.g. mild wind)
    6) show the distance on the minimap that the green is from the front / back to help in club selection if you are between clubs
    7) allow default putting if within 3-5 feet from the green on the fairway
    8) allow the selection of blast / flop shot where you cut across the ball with an open face (e.g. blast bunker shot); sensors seem to misread these shots, but maybe its just me
    9) green grid - allow an option for it to be only on when you are within X yards; I don't like looking at the rainbow of colors from 100+ yards out; in theory it gives useful information (showing high/low spots to select where to hit it) but it seems more distracting than helpful most of the times (obviously not a big issue); I might want it more when I get to the point of selecting which part of the green to hit, but most of the times I'm aiming for the pin or center
    10) allow to select hybrid clubs (not sure if it matter whether you are hitting a 3 hybrid or 3 iron if you have the launch camera, but it seems like the spin calc would be different, but maybe not)
    11) programming for putting sensor to better allow for directional hits; hitting across the putting sensor (not straight) does pick up that you are hitting away from the hole, but it doesn't seem to be as accurate as changing the aim (it seems to assume you miss-hit a straight putt); this might just be my perception, but if I want to intentionally hit 12-15" right of the hole, I have to change the aim on the software rather than hitting across the sensors to get it right (hitting across the sensors is just a little faster than having to change the aim, but it just doesn't seem to be accurate that way);

Wouldn't be shocked to find out that some of these are available, but haven't figured out how to do it yet.
    Really like the software so far. These suggestions are pretty minor in the spirit of continuous improvement.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    Good list:
    Item 1-6 and 10 have been suggested.
    Regarding item 10. I hit a lower shot and more roll with my hybrid than with 3I. Since I use the Hybrid I have reduced the lift and increased the ball speed on the 3 iron in the interface, think is is 2% adjustment on each i am using.
    Regarding #8 it is a limitation of the sensors.
    The path and club face angle is not shown correct but with the cams together with the bunker shots adjustment works for me. Out on the course I am happy to get on the green, anywhere on the green from the bunkers in one shot, would not like it to any better on the simulator.
    This is one of the shots that will benefits from a spin cam.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Regarding #2, you should be able to just rename the course files to get them listed in the order you want. Since it's alphabetical sorting, just code them "A" or "B" and they should sort how you want (A courses listed first). i.e.:

A - Congressional
    A - Pebble Beach
    A - Sunningdale
    B - St. Andrews
    B - The Dutch
    etc.

If you want more control (sort specifically within each group) use more letters or go with numbered naming (01 - Pebble Beach, 02 - Congressional, etc.).

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Regarding #11, I would assume this would work fine if you had the putting sensor...bubba? On my golftek system I never change the aim when putting...I just hit the ball where I want left or right and it does what it should.

Exactly right rdh. I don't change the aim but hit exactly as in real golf to estimate the break etc.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    1: Spin is being worked on. It's very difficult to do. When it's done, marked balls will have to be used.

8: see the other thread

11: Mine also works as bubba22 and rdh described.

Bogie Libbing is on a distinguished road Libbing's Avatar
    Great idea on the file name; I didn't even think to look at how the files are stored;

Club customization - another good idea on the hybrids; I've been only focussing on distance so far for tweaking the club settings so I'll have to play around with that; although the hybrids I'm currently using don't go as high as my last ones so the current setting are probably closer to reality anyway;

Putting - I thought that is how it should work; cut across and it gives you the new line; it does do that but it just didn't seem as consistent as when I would actually change the aim; maybe its in my head; I'll have to give that a few more tries

Libbing make sure you check the slope and break on the green before putting. The contour, break, speed etc of the green will influence what happens for sure. Great suggestions guys. Lets keep it going as Protee will add these.

Of course you are right, Bubba. There is not a lot to ask for regarding the hardware but the GSA side could be improved somewhat. I would like to see the ability to choose my default chipping club. I would also like the fairways hit in the statistics for each player. It is an obvious missing statistic. There needs to be a differentiation in the variety of roughs as well (i.e. deep, heavy, long grass, scrub, etc).

Regarding the putting on the ProTee, I find it a little forgiving. Looking at my stats for ove 400 holes, my putting average is 1.2. I can't say I would manage that on a real course scenario. However, I still enjoy putting out all my putts and couldn't imagine playing a round with auto putting selected.

1.2 is amazing. Do you have a lot of one putts or use 10ft gimmies?

I always knew you could roll the rock psace!!!

Can't tell you guys why but it is almost like zoning in, if that makes any sense. I can't do that on the real course but seems easier to do on the simulator. My greens in regulation sucks at about 25% so my chipping is probably a big factor in having many one putts. I do set the gimmies to 80 inches as any distance less than this is a given 95% of the time. My average score is 10 over par with the last 3 rounds in the seventies, again due to my short game. I think I may give up the real game!!

Wow! 70's. Cool.

Guys we need to get together and try the Protee online play. Who's up for it?

Would love to do it, Zmax. Have to set up my port forwarding first. Then I have to deal with family wanting to watch Blu-Ray movies and then getting the wife's vehicle out of the garage. If I have a couple of days notice I could manage it. Has anyone tried online play yet?

About putting!
    This is from Probable golf instruction not sure how accurate the data are?
    Not quit 95% put from 80"
    % putts holed
    PGA Tour
    0-5 Hdcp
    6-10 Hdcp
    11-15 Hdcp
    16-25 Hdcp
    1 - 3 feet
    4 - 5 feet

Ok that did not come out the way it was intended. But a 11-15 hdcp holes 64% from 4-5 feet.
    Still impressed with your putting on the Protee. I find it hard!

Quote Originally Posted by psace View Post
    Would love to do it, Zmax. Have to set up my port forwarding first. Then I have to deal with family wanting to watch Blu-Ray movies and then getting the wife's vehicle out of the garage. If I have a couple of days notice I could manage it. Has anyone tried online play yet?
    Going to try setting it up in a day or two. If it works, we'll be playing this weekend.

Good Zmax.

Syhlif, as I mentioned that's why the real deal is more difficult. But on any simulator I have played, the putting is easier. The lines and moving balls make it easier to read all the putts. Thank goodness we don't have the option to show the ball path for our putts like some golf simulators do.

Zmax, Bubba will spank our hinnies!!

Psace not with how you are putting!!!!

Real men don't putt with lines, arrows, grids with rain drops, or gimmies......

Well, as I mentioned it has been more of a chipping advantage. However, I have managed some rounds in the nineties. Funny, it seems like my real game. Either really bad or pretty good, no in between for me!

Time to man up I guess!

I am envious.
    Wish I was home to try out the online play.

Did talk with support about online play a while ago.
    If you have a router in you house make sure that the router is setup for port forwarding.

Quote Originally Posted by psace View Post
    Time to man up I guess!
    Just messing with you psace. I use the grid and 40-60" gimmies myself. It's tough to read the breaks on some of these greens. I like how Protee will lower the putting camera down to just above the ball by pressing "A" or clicking on the green. That really helps with reading the green. GSA has the same cam but you have to hold the shift key down to keep to activate the lower cam view.

Let us know when you're home and can try it. I would love to try a 4-man scramble for 9 or 18 holes.

Let us know when you're home and can try it. I would love to try a 4-man scramble for 9 or 18 holes.
    April 11! Earlier if I do not stop p.... the boss off

Cool. I hope we can get it to work tomorrow or the next day.

You in bubba22?

Thread Information