CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Holiday golf

9 Iron kwass is on a distinguished road

Holiday golf

Does anyone have any experience with a Holidliday Golf sim. How does it compare to the Pro Tee and the GSA

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    I don't think anybody here has any experience on it. We have one thread on Holiday golf that is a little dated. http://forum.OttawaGolf.com/showthre...HolidayGolfUSA

The info there might not be accurate. Their systems are a very pricey. The club sensor is shadow based similar to Protee and GGS. They used to have an option for a LA camera but I don't see it anymore. The LA sensor that they now have appears to be embedded in the floor ahead of the club sensor mat. Not sure if it uses IR. It looks similar to the Deadsolid Golf LA sensor.

So, basically no cameras at all to capture the ball flight characteristics. The Holiday golf sim will not give you the true ball path and spin will be estimated based on the club sensors. And there's no reason to believe that the optional LA sensor will be accurate. Their website is lacking in details.

Just by knowing what it can and can't do, I can tell you that it will not be as realistic as Protee or GGS. I'm sure others will agree with me. Also, Protee and GGS don't cost nearly as much.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Well summed Z. They did at one point use a launch camera. Not sure if they still use it. I spoke with several owners of the sim (commercial venues) and they all would turn the launch cam off because it wasn't that accurate. Not sure where they are now with launch. The sim is very pricey. They also use the photo real courses which has its limitations although there is an optional upgrade to Red Chain.

9 Iron kwass is on a distinguished road
    Thank's for the response. I'm in the market for a sim and have been reading threads for hours. As helpful and informative as they have been (particularly the post's of ZMax and bubba22) I'm not sure I'm any closer to finding the right system for me. I plan on buying a sim to place at a course where I can open it up to the public. It would have to be somewhat portable also as I plan to advertise it for rent for party's, functions, fund raisers, trade show's, etc. It will be used primarily for entertainment purposes so graphics, courses, and it being easy to use are probably tops on the list. I don't think it will be used much for instruction or club fitting but if the system I get is accurate enough for it that would be a bonus. I guess what I'm looking for is a system that your average golfer can play on and have an enjoyable time but yet accurate enough that when he knows he mis the ball the sim doesn't show it going long and straight in the air. I'd rather not spend over $10,000 but will if it's for the right sytem. Any input would be appreciated.

8 Iron netcam is on a distinguished road
    kwass,

You might want to look at TruGolf, I think they have some sims you easily move around, otherwise the GC2 would also give you that ability but left handed golfers would make that a bit difficult...

kwass,

For what you want to do, you don't have much of a choice. You want to open this up to the public, which means the GC2 is out of the question. You want want portability so that rules out Protee and GGS. I agree with netcam that Trugolf might be your best option.

Their systems are over priced and not as accurate as Protee or GGS, but they do have 2 portable series. The $20K Newport and the soon to be available Technique series that start at $7K. Even though these are portable, they might not be a simple plug and play.

One member tested a Newport out at his local golf store and mentioned that it did not go so well. They had to call customer support a couple of times to get it going. Even then, they had issues with some sensors. Most sims if not all, need to be setup and calibrated correctly before use. With portable units, parts move out of position easily so you will probably have to calibrate the system every time you set it up at a new location. i.e make sure the sensors are aligned and working correctly. After a few times, you'll probably get the hang of it.

I would suggest you find a local Trugolf dealer where you can test one of these portable units out. Tests it's playability along with the whole setup routine.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    getting back to topic has anyone seen HolidayGolf to compare it to other software including E6?

One of the local golf clubs is getting a Truegolf technique. Once installed you can bet I will be there to check er out. I agree with you guys, you don't have a lot of choice. The other option would be to consider a launch monitor like the Zelocity Tracker with the courses. It would be easy to setup and has simulation. I think for putting you need a puttting add on. The price fits your bill but make sure you have the required room for the ball flight. They use the holiday golf courses.

That's great bubba22. Do you know if they're getting the model with the E6 lite or E6? I'll bet they chose the Technique due to cost. They obviously didn't come on here and ask questions.

The Zelocity Tracker is an option but kwass would still need some kind of portable enclosure with a screen.

I think they are getting the full E6. No they didn't even know about this site. Yes your right with the Tracker they still need the screen, etc.

Happens a lot and its hard to avoid. I will start a new thread and move some over.

7 Iron readygolf is on a distinguished road
    Last edited by readygolf; 02-23-2012 at 07:55 AM.

Last edited by readygolf; 02-23-2012 at 07:55 AM.

P3pro should be out of business!

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    It's a tough market in the simulator world. I think taping your clubs is a foregone conclusion. For this reason, p3pro is falling behind. Zmax is correct.

Last edited by readygolf; 02-23-2012 at 07:54 AM.

You're the first person to have a driver that works without tape.

Typically one needs to tape the driver and woods for the P3 pro to be accurate.

Last edited by readygolf; 02-23-2012 at 07:53 AM.

Ok that driver may work. In general most people have variable patterns of reflective surfaces so taping is required.

Last edited by readygolf; 02-23-2012 at 07:52 AM.

Lets not get off topic and convert this thread to the P3pro. Back to Holiday golf.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Anyone going to talk me out of a Zelocity tracker v2 with version 5 software and 23 courses of Holiday golf???

Not going to talk you out of it. But ask yourself these questions. Have you seen the Holiday courses? They are picture courses and not 3D rendered like E6 or Red Chain. Not sure how the ball flight looks or how the ball will react to objects in picture courses.

Also, how will you putt? Extra putting sensor.

Lob Wedge jwright is on a distinguished road
    Hello to all, i'm new to posting here but have been lurking around for a while. I'm in the process of trying to decide on a new sim myself. hopefully will be purchase something in the new year. i have posted a link that I came across showing the zelocity using the holiday golf software. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY1WhvngBD8

Quote Originally Posted by jwright View Post
    Hello to all, i'm new to posting here but have been lurking around for a while. I'm in the process of trying to decide on a new sim myself. hopefully will be purchase something in the new year. i have posted a link that I came across showing the zelocity using the holiday golf software. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY1WhvngBD8
    Wow!! I challenge anybody to watch that video in its entirety without falling asleep!!! Looks fine though I prefer the 3d rendered courses such as the Redchain or E6.

Static picture course made me fall asleep. 3D rendered gives you different camera views like the popular chase ball view.

Noticed something strange. Approach iron shots in the video didn't show any ball speed, only club speed. Not sure what that means.

Thread Information