100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar

Favorite camera view?

What are your favorite camera views? I like the chase ball cam. What camera view do people generally use?

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    chase ball also

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Really hard to pick one. I like the chase ball cam but I also like the tv style cams. I don't like the fixed or reverse cams.

5 Wood js1010 is on a distinguished road
    Also like the chase ball cam.

Wish it had a little different field of view- especially when hitting wedges.

I dont like how with a short iron the ball projects up off the screen so you cant see the hole in the backround. I like being able to see the entire trajectory of my shots

Also, the cam chases so close to the ball that all you see is the ball and the sky behind it. I think if the camera didn't chase so close to the ball and maybe was positioned a bit higher so you would be able to maintain the back drop of the hole as your ball flies.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I agree with your points js.

was watching golf last night and noticed this so I snapped a video of it.

I want a chase ball cam more like this video where you can see the hole as the ball is flying. Notice the camera is farther back behind the ball.

http://vimeo.com/33380136

Might have to put together an email for Dean - hopefully they do some more with the Cam Views in the new engine to let us have more control individual control over them.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    At my request, red chain added a setting so you can adjust the "tilt" of the camera. I wanted to tilt it upward more as I found it was a bit too downward-looking when setting up for shots (horizon too high). It's nice having that control (elevated shots look more elevated now), but it would be really cool if they let you create custom camera views in a similar way. i.e. instead of them giving 10 named views where they established settings for how far behind the ball the camera is, etc., it would nice to have a couple configurable options where you can do stuff like that. So, you could copy the settings from the chase ball cam, then adjust it so the camera is further back from the ball (and maybe play with the tilt setting as well). Then each person could tweak it to how they want...that would be slick.

Hey RDH, how do you tilt the camera in GSA or are you talking about Dean agreeing to implement this in the new engine? I know the Q and A buttons will move the camera up and down but this doesn't stay - after each shot it resets itself.

Would be great if they let us customize the cams as you said.

have you heard anything else about even seeing a demo of the new software? OR even screen shots.

I know Foresight is planning on showing something at the PGA show so maybe Cory will be down and get us a video.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    I check in with Dean occassionally. The last he said, they're hoping to have something on the new engine ready to show at the january pga show. Hopefully they hit that target - I can't wait to see it.

In the GSA version of red chain, there is an option in one of the setup screens off the main menu (game options or graphic options) to put in a camera tilt adjustment. Maybe it was only done in the GSA version?

Don't see anything like that for teh Foresight version

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    I would also like to see a better view of the ball in the cams. I think the tracers are a bit large and almost cover the ball. A view like the e6 software has allows you to see the ball with a wisp of a tracer behind (almost transparent).

Thread Information