CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tiger!

Nationwide Player Mr. Chi is on a distinguished road Mr. Chi's Avatar

Tiger!

*fist pump!!!!*

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Double fist pump !!!

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Loved it!!!

Wannamaker brucestats is on a distinguished road brucestats's Avatar
    great finish!
    My paycheck goes to my dogs.

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    whoop-de-doo....he beat 17 other guys. I can't believe this is an official event. Personally I thought his play was average at best, especially on the weekend.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GarthM View Post
    whoop-de-doo....he beat 17 other guys. I can't believe this is an official event. Personally I thought his play was average at best, especially on the weekend.
    Now now Garth,lets not rain on our parade. LOL

Ace DecoyOctopus is on a distinguished road

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    not a Tiger fan but good to see he is getting his groove back , it's good for golf ( well ratings anyways )

was it my imagination or has he lost some upper body bulk ?

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    That's a pretty big trophy. You think with only 17 other hackers playing they would have given out a ribbon, or a gift card to Outback Steakhouse, or something that didn't acknowledge the winner so blatantly.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    True, I mean the others 17 guys have only won 28 times since tigers last win, such a bad field of players.

Bout time he gets things going!!

Ace DecoyOctopus is on a distinguished road
    How significant the victory is will continue to be the subject of conjecture, but it is interesting to note that the small field had 11 players from the top 25 in the Official World Golf Ranking -- and that doesn't include Woods, who moved up to 21st with the victory.

For comparison, the 12-player Nedbank Golf Challenge in South Africa won by No. 3 Lee Westwood on Sunday had six top-25 players; and the full-field Hong Kong Open on the European Tour won by Rory McIlroy had just three of the top 25.

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/7...rt-tiger-woods

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    What hole were Tiger and Zach on when all the other players in the field were done? 15? 16? I guess slow play penalties only exist for us. It was like watching the finals of a match play tournament. Two shots - commercial. Two shots - commercial. Thank goodness for PVR's.

OTOH, as I really like the changes in his swing, it was good to see him win.

Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    What hole were Tiger and Zach on when all the other players in the field were done? 15? 16? I guess slow play penalties only exist for us. It was like watching the finals of a match play tournament. Two shots - commercial. Two shots - commercial. Thank goodness for PVR's.

OTOH, as I really like the changes in his swing, it was good to see him win.
    I also noticed Zak taking a lot of time to make a decision around the greens especially on one hole when he was going back and forth beetween using the putter or the wedge.
    I always get a kick out of seing pros use a wedge on a green.If we tried this in Buckingham, the greenskeeper and the president of the club would shoot us .LOL

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Made for good TV, I wonder how nervous Tiger was.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I noticed he had a PING grip on his putter, is he using a PING putter now and no longer the Nike Method?
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I didn't see much of the tournament, so I cannot answer your question with certainty. However, in the past I recall seeing Tiger putting with his Scotty Cameron putter, on which a Ping grip had been placed.

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    I noticed he had a PING grip on his putter, is he using a PING putter now and no longer the Nike Method?
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Thanks Mike, I went on the Golf Channel to check his winning bag but they still had his last winning bag from 2009.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Birdie, Birdie finish was some good golf. 18 players yes, but a strong field none the less.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    He has always had the blackout ping grip on the Cameron to the Nike. I love Tiger but agree that without my PVR it would have been incredibly painful to watch yesterday. I for one find Zack Johnson absolutely boring.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Jordan is right. This is a bit more background on Tiger's use of the Ping grip: http://thesandtrap.com/t/10087/what-...does-tiger-use
    Last edited by mpare; 12-06-2011 at 10:14 AM.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    mjf, i see you lurking
    You only get out of something what you put into it

I think he was using the Nike Method with the Ping Blackout grip this weekend.

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    mjf, i see you lurking
    Meh. He beat the guys who showed up. He's fortunate that Paul Casey spotted the field 7 shots in the first round.

Tour Rookie PingMan is on a distinguished road
    He beat 17 "tired, end of the year, I don't give a crap about this" guys on a course he knows like the back of his hand... I agree that it's good for golf to have him playing again and I enjoyed watching him in the President's Cup, but this was a week-end get together with some buddies... Before we get to excited about this, lets just remember one thing, when he was winning everything, he was the best putter in the world... he's not anymore!... Jack, your record is safe!... and yes, thank you Paul Casey for your 79 in round one! LOL...
    A golf swing is an individual expression of timing and rhythm unique to that individual.

3 Wood ex-mailman is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by GarthM View Post

Not an official event!

I dont know about you guys but, a win is a win in my books.

Nationwide Player Mr. Chi is on a distinguished road Mr. Chi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    I agree, but I'm a Tiger fan. It felt good to cheer for one of the GOAT again

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Yup! That's why I'm pulling for Greg Norman in this week's Shark Shootout... so he can begin his quest to reclaim the #1 spot in the world ranking.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Most important things for me are that since his "return" he has finished better each outing; he made some mistakes on the course and got himself out of them; and did what he needed to do on the final two holes under pressure. I think his confidence, concentration and swing are still a little shakey at times but the game is better having him than not... IMHO.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    He's fortunate that Paul Casey spotted the field 7 shots in the first round.
    I'm sure that the same could be said about 90% of Tiger's, or any other golfer's victories. Surely there is someone else in almost every event that could be holding the trophy, if they had of played better in in just one of their rounds.

As for the other players not caring about the event, I find it hard to believe that any professional athlete, especially those at the top of their game, would enter a competitive event without the desire to beat everyone else in the field. Sure, they may not put in the preparation they'd use to go into the Masters or the Open, but I don't see these guys wanting anything but a victory. Seems like the worst thing for any player on tour to do would be to phone one in, and give Tiger the confidence to know that he can still win out there.

All that being said, it's hard to disagree with the comments about his putting. There's no way he'll be tops on Sunday at any of the majors unless the flat stick comes around.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Thread Information