CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road

P3PRO REAL Base Package - This is what it SHOULD BE!!

I have gotten to try out the P3PRO and I must say it was really really accurate with almost any club I tried, all different types (at Sports Authority).

BUT the thing is the Base Package is a little off in a couple ways compared to other simulators.
    Most others include a grass top and some courses, especially the closest Optishot simulator that it is compared to.

If the base package included:
    --Some type of Grass Top (doesn't have to be a $300 version)
    --At least 2 of the NEW Greatly Improved courses

It would really change the instant reception of the P3Pro.

Right now (and I know people hit of the rubber mat and it's ok) most instantly think they must have a grass top to hit off of, just like the range or real grass.
    So they instantly think they will be buying a lot more add-ons right off the bat.

That's why most say the Optishot is such a complete basic package right away, even thou it's (very) limited. You don't really need to buy much else.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    LOL...HAHaha

Why don't you just instantly buy the P3pro already???

Would bubba or anyone else pretty much agree with that thou? (even thou I heard others kind of say it before)

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Well I do agree that the P3pro is overpriced compared to the DD. They are coming down in price and I think what you are saying is that if the P3pro would add a grass top and some basic new courses it would compete better with the DD. I agree, but there is no doubt that the DD is hard to compete with at its pice point. I still recommend the dd for sure.

Yeah all I am saying is that the lack of a grass top is like a turn off for most and the "old" courses are supposedly really low quality compared to the new ones.

Yes it doesn't compete price point wise but what I'm talking about is just like the "ready to go" package factor comparison.

Thanks

1 Iron FaultyClubs is on a distinguished road
    If they packaged it with a comparable grass top and modern courses for the same price as the DD then they might sell a few.

Otherwise the P3pro just seems overpriced for a similarly (very) limited simulator.

Quote Originally Posted by faultyclubs View Post
    if they packaged it with a comparable grass top and modern courses for the same price as the dd then they might sell a few.

Otherwise the p3pro just seems overpriced for a similarly (very) limited simulator.

yep!!!

The thing is too the P3Pro Doesn't even offer a package of just the basic sensor plus a couple new courses AND the New Turf Top for a discounted price.

The first discounted package WITH the grass top is the P3ProSwing™ Pro XC package at $1698!

At least they could put together a discounted package with them both.

Then at least Packages to Packages Wise you could compare apples to apples in a sense with other simulators.

They seem to be changing stuff a lot lately so maybe it will happen?

7 Iron readygolf is on a distinguished road
    Last edited by readygolf; 02-23-2012 at 07:55 AM.

Gap Wedge Steveh is on a distinguished road
    I am a little disappointed with the fact that I can't buy the software upgrade and the just the 5 course pack from them. I don't mind upgrading my software as it is a couple years old, but seems like I have to spend more just to get some extra courses than I can go and and buy the Optishot for, with 10 courses. I am wondering if I should just go buy an Optishot as well for playing games and keep the P3 for working on my swing. Anyone done this. Will the Optishot software work with the P3 sensor?

Last edited by readygolf; 02-23-2012 at 07:52 AM.

Steveh,

The Optishot software will not work with the P3pro sensor. You're right that the Prices for these courses don't make any sense compared to the $400 DD price.

You can still work on your game with the DD. Both the DD and P3pro use the same technology and both have the same limitations. The DD software is better and it's run by a better company.

The next step up in accuracy will cost a lot more.

Last edited by readygolf; 02-23-2012 at 07:52 AM.

Angle of attack, toe amd heel height, impact of ball on face
    None of the above is used by the 45 or so P3pro virtual course. So what's your point P3pro fanboy?

So what if the PGA feels the same as you? Pay somebody enough money, they'll say whatever you want. I'm surprise you didn't mention Sports Authority.

Speaking of which, I wonder how they feel about their P3pro's ultimate enclosure/simulators? Considering that it doesn't even measure the ball?

Last edited by readygolf; 02-23-2012 at 07:51 AM.

I didn't provide the facts to CHASIV because I didn't want him to know what I did(or didn't do) or how I came about the info on chipping. Bubba22 knows what I'm talking about.

Prove to me that the above,"Angle of attack, toe amd heel height, impact of ball on face", is used in the 45 Virtual courses. Don't just say chuck or P3pro sales person said so.

I called you a fanboy because you seem to post only about the P3pro. You have only 44 posts and 98% of them are P3pro related.

I have over 1000 posts that can be found in a lot of threads covering different subjects or simulators and not just GGS.

You both make good points. I do agree with Z on the fact that the data you mentioned is not used for the ball flight and the most important that the P3pro doesn't measure the ball. No doubt due to the DD, as well as other sims, the price of the P pro is dropping and will continue to do so. The thread is right in basically saying that the P3pro should be lower in price and include more, otherwise in my opinion just get the DD.

Last edited by readygolf; 02-23-2012 at 07:50 AM.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    readygolf, comments such as: "soandso will have his limited, thoughtless view and say" are personal attacks and not permitted on this forum. Please conduct yourself in a civil manner in your future posts.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

I guest I struck a nerve. LOL! How often do you call Jay theses days? What does that lawsuit have anything to do with this discussion?

I ask for proof but all you did was copy and pasted more marketing website material. I know that the 3 data points in question are displayed to you after every swing. My point is that they are not used in the ball flight calculations by the 45 virtual courses. You don't have to be a software hacker(which I'm not), no need to call P3 for more marketing hype, and no need to contact CPG to prove this point.

All you have to do is play a few holes on the 45 virtual courses and test out certain shots.

At the time that I owned the P3pro, those 3 data points were not used in the 45 virtual course's ball flight calculations. Perhaps the last update changed all that. All I'm asking for is proof. If a few P3pro owners come on here and say that they do see the effects of these 3 data points in the 45 virtual courses when certain shots are attempted, then I will shut up.

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    The biggest change in game play is the fact that the penalty has been enabled and the fact now that when you are in a green side bunker (penalty factor of 50%) you can swing twice as fast and thus launch the ball up higher, faster, but yet only travel half the distance. So now you don't catch the lip of a bunker like you did before and you don't sail over the green.

Also I have noticed that the new window shows launch angle ( more of a fixed deg. depending on club ) and it will vary about .1 or .2 deg on shots but can not say for sure if that has any effect on the ball flight. Not like the launch angle dongle did on the reg p3pro courses. The only way to test the swing path coming down on the ball or catching the ball on the upswing, would be to make a swing tool that could produce the same swing and then change it slightly to view the results. I am going to try to do this with a pendulum like tool and use that to create a repeatable swing in path and speed. By moving it forward or back whould create a change that would simulate hitting the ball on the down swing verses the upswing. I don't think this will change the ball flight, but in this case I would like to be wrong.

Good idea SFR. By varying the angle of attack, the resulting LA and backspin should change and ofcourse affect the ball flight and roll. I can't do these test on the updated software since I no longer have the p3pro.

SFR, also try the toe and heel hits. i.e. Hitting of the heel should result in a loss of ball speed and less carry.

How about when posts are HIJACKED by head-scratching-make-no-sense off-topic answers the people be warned? Every other forum works that way?

I didn't say it should cost $400. I said they should make a base package where people feel they have everything they need to play like other simulators,
    those two things being an actual grass-like hitting surface(not plastic or rubber) and some good starter courses.

Right now it's $600 for base sensor, $600 for the NEW Base Courses and $350 for Grass Top. = $1550

Yes I know the P3 reads a lot other data and I have tried it out with drivers and worked great(at Sports Authority).

But if they could just do some sort of REAL Comparable to other model base packages at Discount it would work great!
    At least then people could look at the same general package and Compare REAL quality of the results and build, not just what's included or not.

Please read threads before commenting!

Thread Information