CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Par Kball is on a distinguished road

GC2 connect with Bluetooth

Have any of the other GC2 owners had any luck connecting the GC2 via bluetooth?

I get to the point of attempting to connect, but the connection always times out. My laptop has built in bluetooth and I am running Windows 7. I notice in the instructions that it indicates that you must be running the Microsoft Bluetooth Stack.

Thanks

3 Iron walb0034 is on a distinguished road
    I thought gc2 Bluetooth not supported yet on computers? I think it's only android phones for now, but computer coming soon.

5 Wood js1010 is on a distinguished road
    I haven't tried bluetooth but the last version of the software 2.1.7 released 8/2011 stated that it had bluetooth functionality for the computer.

I did get it work. I am not sure how! I rebooted. I think a driver had not finished loading before I tried to connect. It worked, but was very slow. Could be the computer I was using.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Keep trying and tweaking and do let us know how well and how quick it works.

Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road
    @kball

curious to see if there are any delays. foresight told me there is a minor delay due to bandwidth being smaller with bluetooth than usb.

can you test with "use spin option" and see if there is any noticeable delays. if not it would be a bonus to remove one more cable from my setup.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGolfer View Post
    @kball

curious to see if there are any delays. foresight told me there is a minor delay due to bandwidth being smaller with bluetooth than usb.

can you test with "use spin option" and see if there is any noticeable delays. if not it would be a bonus to remove one more cable from my setup.
    Right now I am getting a significant delay; however, I am running it on a laptop that does not have enough graphics power to handle the program. I am running it on a Macbook (2008) running Windows. The delay via Bluetooth is quite longer than when I connect via the USB - but as I stated it could be the computer.

I will try it with and without the use spin option to see if I notice a difference.

does it take a standard usb bluetooth connector or is it something special for gc2?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGolfer View Post
    does it take a standard usb bluetooth connector or is it something special for gc2?
    Bluetooth is built into the GC2 - you just need to update to firmware version 2.1.3 and software version 2.1.7. Then you need bluetooth on your computer.

thanks, got the new version just wanted to confirm on the computer side its just a standard usb bluthooth. sound slike it its. since they are cheep i think i will buy one to try also. i have no delays with my computer setup. curiuos how much of delay is caused because of the bandwidth difference between usb and bluetooth.

I am curious about the delay as well. I am considering getting a new notebook that is capable of running the software, but want the bluetooth to work as well. The GC2 instructions indicate that you must be running the MICROSOFT BLUETOOTH STACK. I have googled this only to find a ton of conflicting information. I ultimately want to run this on a Macbook Pro.

Putter bjoberle is on a distinguished road
    Just purchased a GC2 a month ago and love it so far.

Does anyone know how to put the GC2 into a "pairing mode?". My other Bluetooth devices are recognized by my computer when I try to add a device...but the GC2 isn't.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

3 Iron HRS is on a distinguished road
    Did you do the standard directions? Turn on GC2. Go to computer and hit Start - Devices and Printers - Add Device. When GC2 pops up select it. You have to select "Use Device's Pairing Code." The code is 0000. Then open the sim software and go to Options. You can pick Bluetooth from there and then pick the GC2 when it shows up in the list.

Mine worked just following that. There are no settings in the GC2 menus that I have found.

7 Wood GolfMonster2 is on a distinguished road
    Got this working with the advice above. Had to reboot both GC2 and pc. Paired using 0000 code.

Interesting, both HMT and swing catalyst doesn't work with blutooth. Connected USB cable and both worked immediately.

Thread Information