100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Golftron!!

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar

Golftron!!

The sim seems high end. It is competing with the About golf, Full Swing etc at a $50K price tag. The sim was a single cam based sim (high speed at 5000fps) but the latest version is 2 cams at 10,000 fps each. Ball tracking only. Its a complete package sim. No ball marking needed. All shots, chips, puts etc can be done. They claim to be more accurate than the About golf sim. Both cams are mounted overhead.

http://www.golfotron.com/

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Wow! 10,000 fps? Any idea how the cameras measure spin? Or LA? They probably won't give out that secret. What about the tolerances and the calculations?

Thanks bubba22.

No detail. It seems like they are using a infrared technology so there is no real light requirements. Tolerances and calculations are proprietary info I suspect. Again seems like the latest upgrade is high end.

Here is a video of the Golftron in action. It looks to be accurate, despite the idiot holding the camera. Let me know what you think.

5 Iron jagmanjoe is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    Here is a video of the Golftron in action. It looks to be accurate, despite the idiot holding the camera. Let me know what you think.
    ZMax, you must have been tired when posting this -- or am I missing something -- where's the link to the video?

Yes I think it is an accurate sim. Quite pricey but very accurate.

Sand Wedge Crow is on a distinguished road
    Have come across a 5 year old unit for sale 60 courses. Any idea what it should be worth today and can they still be serviced or updated? Says's unit was 50,000 new.

Golfotron are still around. Not sure about service etc. I would guesse it's expensive. I would wager they would try to sell around 20G.

Thanks Bubba planning to go have a look at it, after I call Golftron to see about servicing and upgrading possibilities. Will post results after I see it and get more answers.

WOW haven't been able to find any news recent on Golfotron. Sent them 2 emails and left a voice message even sent a couple of emails to golfotron centres in Quebec to see if they're still in business and find out how the service and simulators have been for them. NOTHING really putting me off even going to see this used one

Finally got a hold of someone and had a great chat. Their new website should be up and running within the next few weeks. 2 year warranty on their sim, with lifetime on software and hardware upgrades I believe he said.

Thread Information